Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:34

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vittoria

Stripping hostages during robberies

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I have seen over the times that many people consider to remove people clothes completely to check them for items during a robbery, or some other type of hostile action, is badRP. Especially if you do such on female players. I don't know if opinions have changed on this, but I wan't to understand why, and want to hear some people's opinions on removing clothing from people during robberies. 

Like already stated, I don't personally understand why this is such a problem, people who are "naked", are not actually "naked". They have clothing under what they have already put on their persons. So I don't understand why the removal of such clothing would count as a form of Bad Roleplay.

Well after all we want immersion and realism? No?.. What ever happened to just frisking people instead of just taking every single piece of removable clothing from someone at 3am.

Because noone will make you drop your pants in the middle of a field just to check 2 pockets.Frisking people of the items improves the roleplay by openning some rp windows such as *finds family photo*

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Yes I agree with Andrey.

Frisking people creates more RP, and allows you to go in-depth with the RP instead of just making someone get 'naked'.

Guest Fishyfish   
Guest Fishyfish

Unless you have a very valid reason for stripping down, I wouldn't. I think it is perfectly fine to tell someone to drop their bag and vest, but anything like their shirt, or their pants and it's a bit much.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Meh.

I just feel realistically it would also be safer because there is less of chance of them pulling a gun/knife on you while you a frisking them, when they have little places to conceal such weapon. I just don't understand how it can warrant a full on "ban".

Dropping jacket is fine, you'll always have the default T-shirt. But pants are a bit two way thingy. It's immersion breaking to have the guy you're holding up be on his underwear. Yet pants may hide deadly things too.. I'd go with frisking, it creates more opportunities for RPing

Vandy    34

Stripping someone totally naked IS BadRP.

Unless there is some good prior rp going on. But "drop weps, 10 secs" and "drop everything on the ground" is indeed trash.

This is why robbers should actually restrain people if they are only after the loot anyway. Hostages don't need to drop anything then.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

In my opinion stripping someone down, is just plain LAZY banditry. If you secure someone with rope, guts, handcuffs, you can check their inventory. You could also RP a pat down, and ask them what you find etc.....    If you plan to bandit and frisk/search people after initiation, then come prepared with the proper tools  (handcuffs , guts, rope etc...)  Coming with the right tools for the job also helps with immersion and RP.

It doesn't make much sense to me. What purpose would making someone strip down serve? If you're robbing them, it would be so much more of a hassle to get them down to their skivvies. Not to mention, as others have noted, the other options avaliable. It seems more like you're just trying to humiliate the person, and it makes the situation a bit awkward, especially in the case of women, where intentions may be unclear.

Zero    285

The only time I would see actually removing a persons clothes would be acceptable is if they are being executed and you want to humiliate them as a last screw you, something along those lines. But during robberies? Seems a bit unnecessary. But then again, the situation reminds me of this.. 

[video=youtube]

Rather than having your hostage take all their clothes off, just restrain them, so can search through their inventory to find any weapons that they maybe concealing.

Taking all clothes of your hostage regardless of gender is badrp.

Unknown Entity    126

You can check people whilst they are handcuffed, there is no need at all to strip someone.

IRL being stripped like that in public during a robbery would be simply degrading and / or humiliating. This can be done IG however, but there needs to be a real RP reason to humiliate that person. Simply to check for gear there is no real need, and can be considered badRP.

If no handcuffs, text emote is sufficent.

ITs super easy to carry a pair of handcuffs and keys. Recently I have taken multiple hostages at once and it's not difficult to cuff'em check their stuff and let them go and on to the next hostage. Telling someone to just strip IMO is lazy RP from someone that doesn't have control over a situation. If you roll in a group have one person with keys and have some others carry cuffs.

Oliv    1572

IF, and thats a big if, I were to ever strip some one during a robbery (it's also an IF I were to ever rob them), it would be only if I feared they were lying about carrying other weapons, etc. I do not often/ever rob people, so I do not always have the tools of the trade on hand to restrain them.

Finding a makarov in some ones pants after you have asked them to drop all their weapons could lead to massive amounts of further RP, seeing as they just lied to you. I would however, allow any female or shy male to have some privacy while I checked their stuff and would allow them to get dressed again immediately. There is no need to keep them in their skivvies.

Although, I do agree, frisking is the way to go.

Unknown Entity    126

IF, and thats a big if, I were to ever strip some one during a robbery (it's also an IF I were to ever rob them), it would be only if I feared they were lying about carrying other weapons, etc. I do not often/ever rob people, so I do not always have the tools of the trade on hand to restrain them.

Finding a makarov in some ones pants after you have asked them to drop all their weapons could lead to massive amounts of further RP, seeing as they just lied to you. I would however, allow any female or shy male to have some privacy while I checked their stuff and would allow them to get dressed again immediately. There is no need to keep them in their skivvies.

Although, I do agree, frisking is the way to go.

You can do something like this:

Frisks for guns, sharp objects, and a radio // Do I find any ?

If the person says no, and later on pulls one out, it is dishonest and punishable. There is no no reason to make someone strip to check for gear. This will also allow you to continue your RP if he did not drop all his weapons previously and play with the fact that he lied. IRL why make someone strip when you can put your hands in their pockets ?

Grihm    16

Making the target remove his/her clothes is as pathetic as it´s bad RP. People seem to get off on it or such at the rate it´s done.

*giggle...look...boobs* syndrome.

It all boils down to people wanting to push the humiliation onwards and just do to others what has been done to them, or just to troll people and feel good that they upset someone.

Galland    87

Oh its bad Rp?... to bad those guys didnt hit me once back when they robbed me 2 min robbery with a get out of your cloths and both goin around like in mod times wiggeling from one side to the other to avoide sniper fire and asking we arent long here in chernarus where are people going...

anyway enought complaining... It dosent make scense frisk them or take a rope / handcuffs

>Bandit starts to type "frisks for weapons"

>Whilst typing the hostage takes out weapon and shoots bandit.

By stripping someone down, this could've been avoided (for people that voice rp). That being said, stripping someone down is a bit over the top in my opinion, and isn't enjoyable roleplay.

Oliv    1572

IRL why make someone strip when you can put your hands in their pockets ?

That statement just ensured we could never be friends IRL

Wulfe    6

When was the last time you watched a movie/read a book/played a game where a bandit told a captive to take off his clothes just so he could search them? Its easy enough to check pockets just by patting them, and most people would carry things in their bag or vest. But you can check it all anyway if you have handcuffs or rope - which you should always carry.

Yuri is a "good" guy and would never dream of robbing someone, but he still has rope as an all purpose tool, and I could tie someone up if I had to with it. To me the only way it seems like a good idea is if you want to humiliate someone, or you literally want their clothes. I.e. I have a Gorka Jacket right now which can only be found at Prison Island right now. However if you were going to take someone's clothes I would at least give them a replacement set.

If my captors were to tell me to strip I would refuse. If they put the gun to my head I would have to comply but that seems overboard.

Acewarren    0

Its funny I found this thread because I thought the same thing today while playing on S2. A group calling themselves, Red Berets, told me to kneel and they tied my hands. They started RPing asking if I had been infected by a zombie. I told them no, and began RPing as their interrogated "prisoner" when they walked me inside a house and took all of my gear/clothes off and put it onto the floor. They emptied all of my ammo onto the floor and paraded me up and down the stairs naked. It was quite immersion breaking to try and have a serious RP session with 'not bandits' who stripped me to my underwear to ask if I was affiliated with any military groups...

TL;DR

I think stripping people to their underwear can really take away from a good RP session, and rarely fits into any characterization or role.

Janana    28

I have seen over the times that many people consider to remove people clothes completely to check them for items during a robbery, or some other type of hostile action, is badRP. Especially if you do such on female players. I don't know if opinions have changed on this, but I wan't to understand why, and want to hear some people's opinions on removing clothing from people during robberies. 

Like already stated, I don't personally understand why this is such a problem, people who are "naked", are not actually "naked". They have clothing under what they have already put on their persons. So I don't understand why the removal of such clothing would count as a form of Bad Roleplay.

People remove everything from the person int he attempt to find every possible thing. Why do they do it? Because most of the time people don't give a flying poo about RP. They just want in all your pockets and apparently you need to remove someone's pants to pat them down. (It's also indecent. :P) I would consider this as BADRP.

Well after all we want immersion and realism? No?.. What ever happened to just frisking people instead of just taking every single piece of removable clothing from someone at 3am.

^I agree. The removal of clothing articles is not realistic at all. It is unnecessary in the process of RPing a robbery.

Autumn    121

I mean a jacket, Yes I understand, A jacket I have a shirt on underneath it. But... My pants? If someone asks me to strip off out of my pants, it's going to go something like this.

Me: "... My pants? Are you serious? Wh... Why?" (Currently playing a female character.)

My reasoning

1. It's lewd, awkward and in my opinion kills the immersion of a robbery.

2. In realistic aspects, wouldn't you want to pat someone down?

3. You really shouldn't be able to store a FULL SIZE handgun in all 4 pockets of your Jeans. If you did have a full size handgun I wish it would show up tucked in the back of your pants. (Game mechanic grips)

4. It also makes it more difficult for lone bandits to successfully pull off a robbery. Having a gun trained on someone through the duration of an entire robbery will be key to ensure there isn't any 'funny business' going down and someone isn't going to try to pull out a handgun and shoot you. (See NVFL rule.)

I see it as bad RP when they completely strip them of their clothes. A jacket, i can understand but pants? or a shirt? nah. Just type text that you frisk them: //frisks jacket and pants, what do i find? and then reply: //handgun, matches, and a can of food and reply like this: //takes gun and food