Server time: 2017-10-17, 20:19
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Great Khan

The 'Don't Judge' Trend

Great Khan    52

Lately a trend has been occurring, in which people from all over the world I believe have been participating in. What this trend basically entails is the transformation from 'ugly' to 'beautiful', in which the people doing this trend draw dots on their face and mess up their hair to degrade their looks. Then, all of a sudden, they put their hand over the camera and once they take it off, they appear to of transformed into what they believe to be some God like creature. As if things couldn't of been any worse from watching these videos, I read the caption 'Don't judge a book by its cover'.

An example of what I am referring to - 

From watching some of these videos, if I was to follow the caption and judge them after their 'transformation', the words vain and dumb (for even doing this video) come to  mind. In no way does this caption support the video at all. At the end, we are still judging these people by their 'cover' ie - looks and not what is on the inside. 

I feel that the people who have done this video are not so smart because to me if they had half a brain, they would soon realize that this is one of the most facepalm trends to ever hit the internet.

This challenge completely puts an opposite to the caption and quite frankly should stop.

I wonder if you guys share similar views to me or whether you would be inclined to disagree with what I have said. My main reason for writing this thread is just to get an idea on whether most people think this idea is completely stupid or whether it has some merit to it.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Putting effort into your looks is not something to be ashamed of. Just because you care about your outward appearance does not mean you are vain. I do agree however making a shitty video of you biting your lips and having shitty music in the background is dumb af.

Dan Holmes    2

I think these people tried to show that everybody are beautiful, but completely failed not realizing that and just hoping that they get more views and other people's support that brought this idea in the past I guess... But I agree with you, mostly they just want attention by bringing this idea not really understanding it, but this is internet, so I'm not really surprised by that.

Great Khan    52

Putting effort into your looks is not something to be ashamed of. Just because you care about your outward appearance does not mean you are vain. I do agree however making a shitty video of you biting your lips and having shitty music in the background is dumb af.

I understand. I would be lying if I said I did not do my hair before I went out in the morning. What really confuses me though is the caption they put to go with it, 'don't judge a book by its cover'. The video conveys no sense of this at all. I feel that they are vain because they transform themselves to into what they believe is good looking and post it out for the world to see, demonstrating that they have a high opinion of their owns looks. I just get the feeling that the people who do this have an overly high view of themselves, when in reality they're posting a dumb video which serves no meaning to the caption it has been given.

No....people should take pride in how they look on the outside. The words "dumb" and "vain" do not come to mind at all.

Guest K-Jack   
Guest K-Jack

How you present yourself to the world is important. You can be unnattractive but improve yourself by dressing well, grooming yourself, and staying clean. First impressions matter and a person who looks sloppy is telling the world he is sloppy.

However making assumptions about the human race because some Justin Bieber wanabe made a stupid video with bad music biting his lip like a moron is something I wouldn't recommend doing.