Server time: 2017-10-21, 10:28
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Herico

Message to Stradic Jones

Herico    36

*A raspy Australian voice penetrates the static*

Stradic,

Stradic Jones, come to your radio and listen.

Long time I guess, how long has it been? I don’t know. But I’m back and we need to talk.

Do you recognize my voice?

It’s me Stradic

Jackson

*The voice cuts out just as quickly as it had begun*

Stradic    286

Stradic stares at his radio in his hand. His eyes dazed and his hands shaking. He picks his radio up and pushes down on the talk button...

'Jackson?

Jackson is that really you?'

Stradic holds the radio in his hands, closing his eyes and reflecting on the last time he saw him before placing the radio back to his mouth.

'YOU... YOU HAVE SOME FUCKEN NERVE TO BE TRYING TO CONTACT ME! DID YOU KNOW ISAAC IS DEAD? OF COURSE NOT, YOU TOOK THE SAT PHONE WITH OUR SUPPLIES AND FUCKED OFF FIRST CHANCE YOU GOT LEAVING ISAAC AND MYSELF TO FEND FOR OURSELVES.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HOLE YOU CRAWLED OUT OF OR WHY YOU HAVE EVEN TRIED CONTACTING ME BUT YOU CAN KINDLY FUCK OFF BACK TO WHEREVER IT IS YOU CAME FROM.

Stradic takes his finger off the transmit button. Angered at hearing Jackson's voice he picks up the wooden chair next to him and throws it at the nearest wall with one of the legs snapping off before pacing around the room trying to calm himself down.

Herico    36

*the voice comes back over the radio, sounding angry.*

Isaac's death is on your head Stradic! I'm not as ignorant as you think, coming back to Chenarus without one fucking iota of what has been happening these last few months.

I know you went into Russia like a fucking moron! What did you expect to find there hmm? A beacon of civilization? No, all you found was a dead carcass, just like I did.

*silence resumes, and Jackson lets out a sigh*

I'm not sorry for what I did Stradic, leaving you and Issac. I needed to know if the rumors were true, and they were. Anyway, if it's any comfort for you, I'll be dead in 24 hours.

I tried to stop them, but it seems they outmaneuvered me in Arizona. Now they are here. If you want to survive this Stradic, you need to continue with our original plan! Always be

on the search for the truth, lest you be consumed by ignorance.

*the silence returns*

Stradic    286

Stradic thinks about the last transmission, annoyed at Jackson not willing to take responsibility for his actions. He picks his radio up and push’s down on the transmit button…

Don’t you dare try to pin his death on me! You didn’t see how he died, I did though. If you hadn’t abandoned us to begin with he’d probably be alive today.

Stradic sighs while still transmitting trying to calm himself.

I am not sure how you figured out I ventured north but if it’s any bloody concern of yours I had heard rumours of the infected gathering in large hordes so I decided to see for myself if it was true so I could warn other survivors should those hordes decide to  head south.

He pauses for a few moments before carrying on.

Look, if you want to try and talk this out, fine, but don’t expect a warm reception. If you can remember how to get to Taz, meet me there and we can compare notes. I’ve uncovered a government document that I believe has something in relation to how this all started but I’ve had people come after me as well which is why I’d rather not discuss this over an open frequency.

He places his radio down waiting to hear if Jackson would reply back.

Herico    36

*The voice returns, more frantic than before*

I don't have enough time on this earth for your "meet-and-greet" Stradic. Blue Fever they call it. Must of *cough* caught it back in America. I collected some inf-

*Jackson breaks down into a bad fit of coughing*

-information in the States, but it's half conspiracy and half classified documents. I've only started to decode it but I'm not going to get the job done. I'll leave it at Taz, but don't expect to find me there.

*silence resumes, but you can just make out some final words*

We were always dead men walking Stradic. When the bastards, our so called 'employers', left us for dead, I knew our time would come sooner rather than later. A storm is coming Stradic, and you'll want to keep your friends close and put your enemies in the ground. Lest you turn up like me.

*The familiar sound of static returns*

Sign in to follow this