Server time: 2017-10-23, 05:55
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Konica

Server Problems Reset Character?

Konica    1

Just a few minutes ago, the server was shut down. I do not know if the server crashed or what, but I logged after waiting about 5 minutes for it to come back online after 4 people had already entered the server. I then appeared on the East Coast as a New Spawn. I was originally in Green Mountain with 5 other players. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, I didn't know where else to put it. 

Please let me know if this occurred because of something I did on my end, so it may not happen again.

Thanks,

Konica

A.K.A. Zach Smith

JDoberman    52

Just a few minutes ago, the server was shut down. I do not know if the server crashed or what, but I logged after waiting about 5 minutes for it to come back online after 4 people had already entered the server. I then appeared on the East Coast as a New Spawn. I was originally in Green Mountain with 5 other players. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, I didn't know where else to put it. 

Please let me know if this occurred because of something I did on my end, so it may not happen again.

Thanks,

Konica

A.K.A. Zach Smith

I also encountered this a week ago. It's DayZ being DayZ.

Destinwolf    13

You may have entered the server too quickly after it restarted. I usually wait until at least 20 people have joined. I've had that happen to me before too though, but since I've started waiting a bit longer, it hasn't happened to me since then.

Vapor    0

A problem happened with the servers. This wasn't intentional. We are looking into this.

Konica    1

A problem happened with the servers. This wasn't intentional. We are looking into this.

Alright thank you guys for the feedback, I guess this is unfix-able and I should just carry on as a New Spawn. Unless of course this happened to everyone's character and there is a way to reimburse everyone. :)

Vapor    0

Alright thank you guys for the feedback, I guess this is unfix-able and I should just carry on as a New Spawn. Unless of course this happened to everyone's character and there is a way to reimburse everyone. :)

Everyone that logged on to server had their character wiped.

TLake    23

Yeah I made the mistake of logging in and am very sad now. All my loot is gone! But that's besides the point, another thing I noticed when running around as a new spawn is there is no loot. I ran a fairly good distance and haven't found a thing.

Konica    1

Ok thanks for the information, should I expect to be compensated or should I just continue on?

Vapor    0

Ok thanks for the information, should I expect to be compensated or should I just continue on?

There will be no compensation. Just keep on playing.

Konica    1

There will be no compensation. Just keep on playing.

Alright thanks for the help!

Yeah I made the mistake of logging in and am very sad now.  All my loot is gone!  But that's besides the point, another thing I noticed when running around as a new spawn is there is no loot.  I ran a fairly good distance and haven't found a thing.

I took a look at your comment and decided to see for myself. Turns out, everytime I spawn in from the Main Menu I am "Spawning" at a different location along the coast. I too haven't seen a single item; really strange.

TLake    23

-snip

-snip-

So every time you join you get reset, and as far as loot goes. I haven't seen anything along the coast or inland. I would say playing right now isn't an option. Just rp on forums or w/e you feel like. Servers are broken atm.

Konica    1

-snip

-snip-

So every time you join you get reset, and as far as loot goes.  I haven't seen anything along the coast or inland.  I would say playing right now isn't an option.  Just rp on forums or w/e you feel like.  Servers are broken atm.

Alrighty, well I would join the TeamSpeak but I am awaiting my appeal. It's been about 30 hours and no verdict yet.

This has happened in the past. The hive isn't receiving information from the servers. Once this is fixed the character information should be fine. It is just a waiting game on Fragnet right now.

Konica    1

This has happened in the past. The hive isn't receiving information from the servers. Once this is fixed the character information should be fine. It is just a waiting game on Fragnet right now.

Okay thank you for the clarification. Glad to hear that not all is lost! This is happening on all other servers as well. I have heard from others that their Public Session characters have been 'reset' too.

MGGenao    0

This is also a problem on public not just DayZ RP. I logged in and my Public character was wiped although i was a bit jacked up from a gunfight and loot was still around, then that server reset and I was wiped. I logged out and rejoined and I was reset yet again. I expect that an update is coming or something.

Shark    0

Vilayer pub servers work. Fragnet still seems to have issues.

DayZRP servers will be returning soon.

Vandy    34

Servers are back up and running.

Should be safe to login.

/closing

Shark    0

/re-opening due to new issues

"Getting reports again, might be another attack working on mitigating the state." per Eugen Harton

XRinX    1

Its going on in all server atm because of an update and server wipe

nvm guess the update is done or something cause my character is back :D

Roach    1659

There is no wipe or update coming today. This is due to a DDoS attack that started last night pretty late.

The servers are not connecting to the hives (private or public) thus wiping our characters upon entering the server.

Last night I got wiped and today every time I logged on I was being wiped.

Then I tried to connect again to the server and my character from last night was back.

Not playing until they have a better handle on this situation ;)

XRinX    1

There is no wipe or update coming today. This is due to a DDoS attack that started last night pretty late.

The servers are not connecting to the hives (private or public) thus wiping our characters upon entering the server.

Last night I got wiped and today every time I logged on I was being wiped.

Then I tried to connect again to the server and my character from last night was back.

Not playing until they have a better handle on this situation ;)

oh o3o

gwolb    0

You would think that some people would have better things to do that create this type of issue. Go figure.

Autumn    127

You would think that some people would have better things to do that create this type of issue. Go figure.

I agree, but you know what? This shit happens. It does break us away from DayZRP for a tax longer than we'd like but it also gives us the opportunity to work on other things.

Think glass half full, not empty, it literally can't get much worse right?