Server time: 2017-10-21, 12:15
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
NathanLennox

Drifter's Public Frequency, 112.1 "Just need a quick answer"

*Whatever way you've come across this channel, a sigh on the other end confirms there indeed is a man on the other end*

Hey, y'all. Just a quick opinion from myself tonight. So, I've been sitting on these railroad tracks by the sea, cradling my rifle as I warm up by a little fire I built, eating a can of tuna, and sipping on a can of Kvas. Now, while I've been sitting here, I've been flipping through the channels on my radio and I just need to ask one thing. You see, I'm an American, I associate with the Westerners around here, and I'm a good friend of the Chernarussian people and the CDF, ever since OP. H. R. back in '09. So, of course, I spend my days hunting Civilian-killin' Chedakis and Stalin-lovin' Russians. Now that sounds bad, 

ya' know, hunting people, but in the end, I know they're hunting me and I personally enjoy the rush of combat, I'm not some sadistic crazy guy and yeah fighting is horrifying and dangerous, but there's also something... Romantic about it. I don't know, I like the challenge, the feeling is akin to the feels of skydiving or snowboarding, that kind of thing. Anyways, the point of that was to explain my reasoning here and to really emphasize on... Friendly... Interaction with those baddies I just mentioned. I flip through this channels and hear some really crazy people on here, well, you have those who just talk fast and high-pitched and claim they hear voices, but most of them just need an excuse to make people stay away from them... Posers, I guess... Then there are those who are actually crazy and are just out to harm others, and find a sick enjoyment out of another human's pain. People always arguing on the radio, yelling, making death threats, screaming, starting funky-ass clans or packs of weirdos and just everything of the sort. So, I'm asking everyone, just to kill time and to see if I'm alone in this, and yes I'm even asking your opinion Chedicks and Ruskies... What the hell is wrong with these people? 

*A small laugh then a deep exhale sounds... Then, the background noises end, indicating the transmission is over."

TLake    23

Thaddeus sat next to a broken BMP near Vybor.  His eyes sparkled as he listened to the radio and the man speak.  He pondered the question and figured he might as well weigh in.

"Well my fellow American maybe it has to do with what sorta of interactions we have with the Russians and Chedaki.  So far I haven't had any trouble with either group.  They seem friendly enough when you aren't trying to puff out your chest and act cocky.  In the past I have even helped them in my own way, pointed out where the Embassy Captain Frank was to some Chedaki.  Had a nice chat with Hans and his Russian guards, hell I can get a slave now if I wanted. 

Maybe being an American I have a target painted on my forehead, but as long as I keep to myself I see nothing wrong with them.  Besides what about the 'Western' groups?  I spoke to a Chernarussian I think he was a member of Dveri he spoke of the things the foregners did, killing Chernarussian's, taking land, and theft.  The way I see it all sides are wrong, but in this day and age maybe what was once wrong in civilized eyes doesn't matter much.  As for whats wrong with them?  I couldn't say, is their form of murder any different than any other group out there?"

He lowers the radio from his lips and just listens.

Thaddeus sat next to a broken BMP near Vybor.  His eyes sparkled as he listened to the radio and the man speak.  He pondered the question and figured he might as well weigh in.

"Well my fellow American maybe it has to do with what sorta of interactions we have with the Russians and Chedaki.  So far I haven't had any trouble with either group.  They seem friendly enough when you aren't trying to puff out your chest and act cocky.  In the past I have even helped them in my own way, pointed out where the Embassy Captain Frank was to some Chedaki.  Had a nice chat with Hans and his Russian guards, hell I can get a slave now if I wanted. 

Maybe being an American I have a target painted on my forehead, but as long as I keep to myself I see nothing wrong with them.  Besides what about the 'Western' groups?  I spoke to a Chernarussian I think he was a member of Dveri he spoke of the things the foregners did, killing Chernarussian's, taking land, and theft.  The way I see it all sides are wrong, but in this day and age maybe what was once wrong in civilized eyes doesn't matter much.  As for whats wrong with them?  I couldn't say, is their form of murder any different than any other group out there?"

He lowers the radio from his lips and just listens.

*Drifter, now traveling through the forest stops to take a breath after hering the transmission and begins holding down the button to speak*

I don't know friend, I'll never like 'em. I watched them as they gunned down my American brothers during the siege of Chernogorsk and that was only the first of many engagements. I also witnessed the mass graves dotted throughout South Zagoria left by the Chedaki, the guys... "Protecting"... The civilans, fighting for their freedom or whatever. Man, the one near Pusta that those MARSOC guys found was really bad... The Russians helped them then, helping 'em now. My only problem is sorting out whose CDF and whose Chedaki or Russian. It's a shame you'd... Well, blindside your own blood like that, though I guess now, whoever gives you the most protection, shelter, and food is your blood, right? No... Not for me. I'd sleep hungry in the woods, with only my hands to fight anything before I even began thinking of siding with them.

*Silence, then static*

TLake    23

Thaddeus couldn't help but chuckle to himself, 'was this man inferring he was a traitor?'.  This brought a smile to his face as he lifted the radio.

"We all have our reasons for doing what we do.  I won't go poking around your reasons, but lets just say I have good reasons to not just blindly side with other American groups.  Maybe the Chedaki are evil, but I don't care as long as they don't cross me I won't cross them."

He sighed and lowered the radio once more.  He looked up at the sky, "Just gotta do this day by day."he muttered to himself.

DanielsTV    6

*His face grows with anger as he looks at his wounds and listens to the man*

"You are the biggest fucking coward I've ever seen! Selling out other people you don't even know because you want to keep yourself safe? You just hide from them and let us do the fighting, don't get me wrong, I'm happy to fight for my people but when you fucking sell me out to nearly die and see my friends die because you feel the slightest of threatened? Tell me your name or so help me! Oh when I find you, you will have every wound that I have now because of them but it will be worst, face me like a man you coward!! 67.8 is our frequency, come there soon, we'll see who can draw the fastest. And to think, you ratted ME out, a person a part of a group that is a community for everyone and one that helps Americans settle in too because most of you are in a new land, don't you dare call yourself American."

TLake    23

Thaddeus clicked the radio on tried to speak but all that could be heard was laughter.  

He calmed himself down, "Holy shit your funny."  He said and then cleared his throat.

"Now listen you bumble fuck I won't go into much detail on why you should shut up and threaten someone else.  Needless to say you even try that shit on me I will kick your teeth in.  I will show you some nice tricks I learned fighting the war on terror.  When I'm done anything those Chedaki fucks did will look like a doctors check up."he growled into the radio

Thaddeus slumped back against the BMP, "Threaten me?  Fucking threatening me?  Who the fuck does that without knowing a person?"he asked himself.

Thaddeus clicked the radio on tried to speak but all that could be heard was laughter.  

He calmed himself down, "Holy shit your funny."  He said and then cleared his throat.

"Now listen you bumble fuck I won't go into much detail on why you should shut up and threaten someone else.  Needless to say you even try that shit on me I will kick your teeth in.  I will show you some nice tricks I learned fighting the war on terror.  When I'm done anything those Chedaki fucks did will look like a doctors check up."he growled into the radio

Thaddeus slumped back against the BMP, "Threaten me?  Fucking threatening me?  Who the fuck does that without knowing a person?"he asked himself.

*Drifter clicks his radio on, a saddened expression on his face*

Look, man, I know everyone has their reasons, but you were in Afghan and still turn your back on us? What the hell, bud?

*Drifter, somewhat shocked, end his transmission*

Joules    274

*Tucker angered decides to respond*

"This... Human spawn of satan is a traitor to his nation, his battles, and his culture, and he should face a just punishment. I don't know who you are, but you will pay. Either we will find you, and we will execute you like the traitorous dog you are, or you will meet your end pissing off more people. Either way, I'll see you in Hell"

*transmission cuts abruptly*

*Tucker angered decides to respond*

"This... Human spawn of satan is a traitor to his nation, his battles, and his culture, and he should face a just punishment. I don't know who you are, but you will pay. Either we will find you, and we will execute you like the traitorous dog you are, or you will meet your end pissing off more people. Either way, I'll see you in Hell"

*transmission cuts abruptly*

*Drifter picks up his radio curiously*

Patriotism welcomed, bud, but I don't recognize your voice, an American? Are you affiliated with any Western groups?

*Drifter releases the transmission button and waits anxiously*

Joules    274

*the frequency comes alive*

"You could say that. Although it's not that wise to speak my name on an nonsecure frequency I will tell you. My name is Tucker Haas. I'm the founder of The New American Order, and a friend of Frank and the embassy. I actually worked at the U.S. Embassy before this all happened. It's good to know there are more people like us in this wasteland. Us Americans have to stick together to survive, and we must stick with the local population, at least until we eliminate threats like the traitor. If you wish, I'd like to speak in person sometime."

*the frequency cuts out*

*the frequency comes alive*

"You could say that. Although it's not that wise to speak my name on an nonsecure frequency I will tell you. My name is Tucker Haas. I'm the founder of The New American Order, and a friend of Frank and the embassy. I actually worked at the U.S. Embassy before this all happened. It's good to know there are more people like us in this wasteland. Us Americans have to stick together to survive, and we must stick with the local population, at least until we eliminate threats like the traitor. If you wish, I'd like to speak in person sometime."

*the frequency cuts out*

*Drifter hesitates, pondering the subject, then starts his reply*

It's nice to meet you Tucker, well, my name is... Nathan... Sorry, there's not many Nathan's around South Zagoria and the last name is even more unique. Drifter, also works. Anyways, yeah, I'd love to talk this over sometime, though, a New American Order sounds a little to ambitious of a task to me, I'd love to help out though. Still, traitor, are you there? I'm not done trying to understand this...

*Drifter releases the bottom, then crashes on a torn up couch on one of the multi-leveled apartment buildings*

Joules    274

*the frequency chimes alive again*

"We went to the moon not because it was easy..."

*tucker takes a drag of his cigarette*

"But because it was hard ."

*tucker takes another drag*

"Never doubt that history can be changed by a small group of individuals"

*tucker takes one more drag and ashes the cigarette*

"Because a small group of individuals is the only thing that has"

*the frequency cuts out*

*the frequency chimes alive again*

"We went to the moon not because it was easy..."

*tucker takes a drag of his cigarette*

"But because it was hard ."

*tucker takes another drag*

"Never doubt that history can be changed by a small group of individuals"

*tucker takes one more drag and ashes the cigarette*

"Because a small group of individuals is the only thing that has"

*the frequency cuts out*

*Drifter raises the radio again*

Hello?... Hello? Damn it... Oh well, I need some sleep anyways...

*Drifter ends the transmission and lets the radio fall from his hand onto a pillow on the floor before turning over on the couch to rest*

TLake    23

Thaddeus mused at the abundance of patriot vomit being used and sighed and shook his head.

'Listen here being an American is one thing, but being blindly loyal because someone is an American is another.  You don't have the rank nor authority to judge me or my methods.  We live in a world that isn't run by us, this isn't America and even then you wouldn't be able to judge me.  I will do what I need to survive, if that means helping some locals out by pointing some crazed and wounded captain.  Well I guess I will.  No one pointed a gun at my head nor threatened my life.  I just figured it would move the group of men away from a bunch of civilians.  I don't expect kindness or whatever, but I chose sending the Chedaki down the road over having them potentially kill locals in a village.  Well fuck me right?  Besides you don't know my name or who I am and what I have done in the name of 'Freedom' and Murica.'  He ended with a sarcastic tone and paused.

'I serve my country with honor, you are not my country or my commanders.' he smiled knowing that might rile up some feelings.

Credidred    18

Bob twists the volume toggle up on his radio

'I recognize that voice! its  Mr Lennox! Hey there Drifter,Its Bob the..The man in orange? it was good bumping into you the other day. Thanks for the advice. Let us know if you need anything or if you come across those long distance radio parts i'm after. err.. over an out

Clicks off the receiver 

Thaddeus mused at the abundance of patriot vomit being used and sighed and shook his head.

'Listen here being an American is one thing, but being blindly loyal because someone is an American is another.  You don't have the rank nor authority to judge me or my methods.  We live in a world that isn't run by us, this isn't America and even then you wouldn't be able to judge me.  I will do what I need to survive, if that means helping some locals out by pointing some crazed and wounded captain.  Well I guess I will.  No one pointed a gun at my head nor threatened my life.  I just figured it would move the group of men away from a bunch of civilians.  I don't expect kindness or whatever, but I chose sending the Chedaki down the road over having them potentially kill locals in a village.  Well fuck me right?  Besides you don't know my name or who I am and what I have done in the name of 'Freedom' and Murica.'  He ended with a sarcastic tone and paused.

'I serve my country with honor, you are not my country or my commanders.' he smiled knowing that might rile up some feelings.

*The message awakens Drifter from his nap, after it is over, Drifter lazily picks up the radio and begins his reply*

Listen, man, they hate you, they hate us all. Honestly... I've tried, I would like to focus on the undead before my fellow humans, however they don't see it that way. I'm glad they've given you a chance at peace, no matter how fake it might be, but they didn't for me, and that's all the more reason for me to attack them, as I know they will attack me. So, in the end, I think me and the Reds of Chernarus are ironically, at a mutual understanding.

*Drifter pauses to reply to the quick response from Bob*

Bob twists the volume toggle up on his radio

'I recognize that voice! its  Mr Lennox! Hey there Drifter,Its Bob the..The man in orange? it was good bumping into you the other day. Thanks for the advice. Let us know if you need anything or if you come across those long distance radio parts i'm after. err.. over an out

Clicks off the receiver 

*After hearing the reply, Drifter sits upright and begins speaking into the radio*

Oh, man! Yeah, it's a pleasure speaking with you, bud! Glad to see you made it out of there unharmed! Everything good now, do you need anything, you safe?

*Drifter is eager to make sure a friendly face is safe and sound and ends his transmission as he anxiously waits for a response*

Sign in to follow this