Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:00
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

TS.

Question

Glitch    15

When I connect to the DayZRP Ts and try to switch from the lobby channel to any other channel nothing happens, it doesn't allow me to press anything. I have tried reinstalling twice, making sure all data is gone. I have tried reconnecting, only once in a while at random times does it let me switch.

24 answers to this question

Spartan    1227

Does this only happen on dayzRP ts or do you expierence the same problem on diffrent teamspeak servers?

Glitch    15

I haven't tried others yet and thank you for your help man, you were on my other forum when I had a question, a very persistent helper you are sir.

Nevermind that wasn't you, but thanks anyway, sir or miss.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Since this a very broad issue, as in a lot of things could be wrong, I would try checking your hardware and software, drivers, etc.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

What channels specifically are you trying to get into ?  There are some channels at the top that regular members can not get into,  have you tried joining the Waiting for Staff Help or any of the Public Gaming channels ? We need a bit more detail in order to assist you.

Brad    158

-Snip-

Is it saying "error" or anything when trying to join?  Or you click and literally get nothing?

Glitch    15

I click and get nothing. I try locked channels that I know the codes to and just some of the rooms, empty or not. I join the DayZRP Ts. And I start out in the lobby like everyone else. I cant change channels and because you can't afk in the lobby it kicks me out and reconnects me, and after that a few times it finally works and then I just leave it on and it works the rest of the time I am using it.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

Are you running any kind of firewall ?  Or perhaps check your windows security settings and make sure TeamSpeak is a allowed program.

If your connection is timing out it is most likely a firewall issue.

Hi Teletub7,

Is there any update to this issue have you tried looking at your firewall settings?

Glitch    15

I have looked through, honestly it's all right, in a sense basically I have to start TS and let it "warm up" then it lets me switch channels and it's fine the rest of the day, and I do this before I start up DayZ so I am not doing it in the middle of RP.

Vandy    34

I have looked through, honestly it's all right, in a sense basically I have to start TS and let it "warm up" then it lets me switch channels and it's fine the rest of the day, and I do this before I start up DayZ so I am not doing it in the middle of RP.

How much "warm up time" are we talking about? Seconds, minutes?

Cause it shouldn't be that way.

Glitch    15

Most likely somewhere around a few minutes, I connect to DayZRP and then come back after a while and if it doesn't work I restart and then it works perfectly fine the first try.

And just now as I type this I started my TS and I was able to switch channels instantly so I am not sure what the issue is.

Okay then I disconnected, and started TS and closed my website in the process of it starting like I normally do. It didn't work. So I started it back up without closing the website, didn't work. But then I started it without closing the site, and logged in, which I'm usually not when I just come here to start up the TS, and it worked.

Retried the whole logged in, staying on website, failed to work.

Nor did connecting to the server by putting in the information manually work.

Sorry for the posts, just giving a play by play here. Connected, there was an error message or some sort in the bottom right but it's gone now and after I timed out once while stuck in the No AFK lobby, I reconnected automatically like always and it worked, so I am just not going to mess with it anymore for now.

Brad    158

Are you starting TS by clicking on the dayzrp link?

Or do you have it saved to the bookmarks feature in Teamspeak?

Glitch    15

That's how I normally start it but I did try starting it from my desktop TS. That didn't solve it either.

Brad    158

If you haven't already uninstall teamspeak go to the TS site and re download the latest version.  Install it and try again.

When using TS click manage bookmarks and save the dayzrp channel to it (may not help anything but super easy to navigate ts with bookmarks in my opinion)

Glitch    15

I have tried uninstalling it multiple times making sure all TS data is gone, in the documents and everywhere else.

Willem    2

Maybe he is missing a server group for some reason?

That way his power level to join other channels is too low?

Brad    158

Maybe he is missing a server group for some reason?

That way his power level to join other channels is too low?

Good idea, but if it were the case it would never work.  His works after a little while of waiting.

Glitch    15

I looked into this a while ago and saw a video on youtube. Someone else was having a similar problem, when they clicked things nothing would happen and their simple fix was to minimize TS and then maximize, that doesn't work for me and I might just need to take some more time looking into it on my computer, but I appreciate the help.

Whip    0

I looked into this a while ago and saw a video on youtube. Someone else was having a similar problem, when they clicked things nothing would happen and their simple fix was to minimize TS and then maximize, that doesn't work for me and I might just need to take some more time looking into it on my computer, but I appreciate the help.

Hi Teletub7,

I apologize that we haven't found a resolution for your problem yet. At this time I do believe this is a Bug related to your TS Client and I recommend Making a report with them here TS3 Bug Reports.  

I will solve this for now,  but please feel free to post if you are still having issues or you find a solution.

Warm Regards,

Whip

/Solved

Whip    0

After Speaking with the OP on TS, we have found a possible solution to this isssue.

He was receiving this error:

SRV DNS resolve unsuccessful for....

So what we did was edit the dayzrp book mark.

to read:

ts.dayzrp.com:9987

and it seems to have resolved the issue.

He will confirm after a few days of joining to make sure this is a valid fix.

-Whip

Brad    158

Day two, connecting to TS with the new address works.

Right on!  Glad to hear it's working.

If the issue returns feel free to post here again.

Otherwise, happy teamspeaking!