Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:31

Sign in to follow this  
NathanLennox

Initation Questions

Question

Okay, I've read the rules and I understand that this is RP rather than PVP focused. However, if someone is mortal enemies with someone else and the second party knows it, how would the first party attack besides walking up and  saying "Hey, we're all in that treeline, we're going toattackso please don't run and don't shoot me when I run back, thanks"?.

20 answers to this question

Hi NathanLennox,

You can surround them without saying anything to them and intimate. You do not need to say Hi to them if for example your long standing enemy's.

If you have them surrounded they will most likely comply and lead to any amounts of RP.

Does this make sense?

Hi NathanLennox,

You can surround them without saying anything to them and intimate. You do not need to say Hi to them if for example your long standing enemy's.

If you have them surrounded they will most likely comply and lead to any amounts of RP.

Does this make sense?

Yeah, this is good. Still, this is almost impossible for loners with a score.

Hi NathanLennox,

That is down to the individual to RP it out then if your alone you would not pick a fight with a group of enemy's.

As I have answered your question I will mark this as solved!

/solved

Hi NathanLennox,

That is down to the individual to RP it out then if your alone you would not pick a fight with a group of enemy's.

As I have answered your question I will mark this as solved!

/solved

Still, that was quite specific assuming the group can be surrounded. What it's in the wild and spread out, or what if they are separated. Still, the longer questionis still up in the air. Everyone rps different yeah?

Hi NathanLennox,

The situation is completely depends on what is going on at the time but like I said if it comes down to it and your long standing enemy's you do not have to talk to them you can initiate that does not mean PVP that means hostile RP .

The only proper answer to this question is that you will have to abide by the rules and initiate hostilities before taking action.

Doesn't matter how hard it is for you when you're alone. You answer to the same rules as everyone else. Up to you to find a way to do it effectively, if you choose to take that course of action.

There isn't, and won't be, any special circumstances for loners who have a hard time being loners.

So unless you have KOS rights, you have to initiate and can only harm people choosing not to comply.

The only proper answer to this question is that you will have to abide by the rules and initiate hostilities before taking action.

Doesn't matter how hard it is for you when you're alone. You answer to the same rules as everyone else. Up to you to find a way to do it effectively, if you choose to take that course of action.

There isn't, and won't be, any special circumstances for loners who have a hard time being loners.

So unless you have KOS rights, you have to initiate and can only harm people choosing not to comply.

So, even if I'm a lone marine attacking 5 Chedaki, I need to try to contact them? Sure they won't hold me up first?

Hi NathanLennox,

The situation is completely depends on what is going on at the time but like I said if it comes down to it and your long standing enemy's you do not have to talk to them you can initiate that does not mean PVP that means hostile RP .

So, an Embassy sniper gunning down a Chedaki leader from 800 out is okay then? I'm for thisI just want to make sure I don't get 5 different kos reports.

Tewudin    44

So, even if I'm a lone marine attacking 5 Chedaki, I need to try to contact them? Sure they won't hold me up first?

I think, there are no exceptions in terms of rules so yes, even if you're alone you need to first make contact with them.

I think, there are no exceptions in terms of rules so yes, even if you're alone you need to first make contact with them.

That just sounds super tailored towards "wolves who roam in packs"...

Hi NathanLennox,

So, an Embassy sniper gunning down a Chedaki leader from 800 out is okay then? I'm for thisI just want to make sure I don't get 5 different kos reports.

You have to follow the same rules as everyone else, so yes, you have to initiate and follow the rules.

No, you can not snipe anyone unless you have KOS rights.

This is all in the rules page, which is not only easily accessible but you were also forced to thoroughly explain these rules when you got whitelisted. Shouldn't even have to ask this question.

The rules are tailored for roleplay. Meaning, you can't KOS people unless you have been in hostilities granting KOS rights on them within the last 2 hours. You being alone is your problem. You follow the rules regardless of numbers.

Hi NathanLennox,

You have to follow the same rules as everyone else, so yes, you have to initiate and follow the rules.

Yeah, I understand this. Still, this didn't really answer the question. You're saying sniping between groups that hate each other completely is okay, yeah?

Yeah, I understand this. Still, this didn't really answer the question. You're saying sniping between groups that hate each other completely is okay, yeah?

No, not until a hostile action or initiation gives you KOS rights. You have been a registered user for over a year. How is this question just now coming up?

Unless you have KOS rights, meaning those you've gained within the previous two hours, you're required to make contact before committing any hostile action. Hostile action of course includes shooting them. So even if you see your rival, you still have to follow standard procedure by making contact first, then initiating, etc.

When have I said that? I've said to follow the rules on the rules page that explicitly state that no, you can not KOS anyone unless you have KOS rights. Which are only granted from a previous hostility within the last 2 hours. 

I explicitly state that you can not just snipe someone because you dislike them.

Quite frankly I'm baffled that this is even a concern. You should know the rules.

No, not until a hostile action or initiation gives you KOS rights. You have been a registered user for over a year. How is this question just now coming up?

Because after constantly getting blindsided by people are not skilled enough in a gunfight on their own that they start moving in huge ridiculous packs and seeing this happen to other community members moving alone or in small groups, pairs, I decided to bring it up here.

When have I said that? I've said to follow the rules on the rules page that explicitly state that no, you can not KOS anyone unless you have KOS rights. Which are only granted from a previous hostility within the last 2 hours. 

I explicitly state that you can not just snipe someone because you dislike them.

Quite frankly I'm baffled that this is even a concern. You should know the rules.

Aye, just that's what I asked and you replied with "yes" left me confused Sorry, for the misunderstanding.

Somewhat related question, sorry for high-jacking the topic but figured I'd skip making another one.

Just to clarify, If a duo or group had a sniper and they had a single member of their party approach and initiate with hostile intention.

Would the entirety of the duo/squad gain KoS rights and RolePlay'ed it out so that they second party returned hostility, would the sniper

and other members be able to return fire if need be even though they may haven't been seen or mentioned to the second party?

Somewhat related question, sorry for high-jacking the topic but figured I'd skip making another one.

Just to clarify, If a duo or group had a sniper and they had a single member of their party approach and initiate with hostile intention.

Would the entirety of the duo/squad gain KoS rights and RolePlay'ed it out so that they second party returned hostility, would the sniper

and other members be able to return fire if need be even though they may haven't been seen or mentioned to the second party?

Yes, as long as the sniper is within a reasonable distance. You do have to be careful with the initiatior so it doesn't count as NVFL when he initiates. Ie. sending in an under-geared person to initiate with nothing to lose, who ends up being shot will count as baiting/NVFL. 

If you wish to do single initiation on larger groups, you need to be in a good position and make sure you have a high chance of survival.

Yes, as long as the sniper is within a reasonable distance. You do have to be careful with the initiatior so it doesn't count as NVFL when he initiates. Ie. sending in an under-geared person to initiate with nothing to lose, who ends up being shot will count as baiting/NVFL. 

If you wish to do single initiation on larger groups, you need to be in a good position and make sure you have a high chance of survival.

Thank you, and understood.

I didn't plan on partnering with a messenger just to bait or anything.

Just I like to play my potentially hostile encounters with some level of strategic tactic and with that I like to play the role of scout/overwatch.

So if need be I could provide cover fire to our initiating member/members as they retreat or return fire.

Sin    113

If you're a lone marine attacking 5 Chedaki, you should probably re-examine your life choices.

If you're a lone marine attacking 5 Chedaki, you should probably re-examine your life choices.

Hahaha, it was an over-the-top example, but this did make me laugh.