Karolis

Chat box?

DO you want a chat box  

47 members have voted

1. 1. DO you want a chat box

• Yea, It's ok i guess.
    • No, dont be silly.

Karolis    0

So i've come true a lot of forums and one of the best entertain is chatboxes! Its like TeamSpeak just everyone is chating in the same site. It's real good to find new guys to rp with ect. Also you can make two chat boxes like one is IC where you have to rp and another one is OOC Where you chat about stuff. Why im suggesting it? Becouse a lot of people don't have mics and they still wanna chat in real time. So yes or nahh?

You can chat in real-time in game.

I don't like the idea, but I do like you're thinking.

But with 207 Active Users in the last 30 Minutes, a live chat box would get real messy, real quick you'd barely even follow your own messages.

Vapor    0

I believe this has been suggested before. Everyone said no. Because there are a lot of people that won't be able to show restraint to be being an ass on the chat box. I don't know much about it. Since the chat box was way before my time. I would like to see a chat box. I have never got to use a chat box before. I would like it for OOC not IC.

:)

Terra    1449

Back in 2013 and 2014 we had a shoutbox. It got removed as people could not behave, even we had rules for it. In 2014 later on, we had a lifechat again, also was not used as it was intended, so we had to remove it again.

I can see the positive site of a shoutbox/life chat, but my experiences were not good. I actually would love to have a option like this again, but I doubt that it would be used in a good way, even if we have rules for it.

Sadly, my vote will be a "no"

Edit: I can only vote "No, dont be silly" - but you are not silly.

Tewudin    44

I'd love to see a chatbox but my vote is also "no". From what I see, this communit had tried with this a few times and it didn't work so I don't think that this time it'd be different. It isn't worth it if it'd cause only problems. Anyway - if you want to contact someone or even talk with him/her (IC or OOC) then there is always PM, right?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I would usually say no because people can't help from being dicks, and people can be overly sensitive here and take things wrongly.

But to be honest, should give a try, the community hasn't been to bad lately. See what comes from it... people act like dicks? So be it, RKO them with a ban.

Karolis    0

I can only vote "No, dont be silly" - but you are not silly.

B-b-ut... I wanna be silly ;-;

Well if it was used before and didn't succseed maybe we need like shoutbox moderators who mute people who talk nonsense?

Terra    1449

I can only can vote "No, dont be silly" - but you are not silly.

B-b-ut... I wanna be silly ;-;

Well if it was used before and didn't succseed maybe we need like shoutbox moderators who mute people who talk nonsense?

If I remember correct, we had Staff moderate it. Dont get me wrong, as I said, if people would use it right...but you know how it is. However, this is just me and I dont talk for other Staffmembers.

And another plattform to moderate? Well, my answer would still be no. However, let people give you feedback, I will bring it up in Admin chat, so hopefully you will get more feedback from Staff.

Guest Doug Quade   
Guest Doug Quade

ALl it would do is create alot more work for staff, and those that have a banter addiction will not be able to control themselves and thus more and more problems will be created.  There is plenty of rope for people to hang themselves in the forums :)  You must choose,  but choose wisely :)

Karolis    0

ALl it would do is create alot more work for staff, and those that have a banter addiction will not be able to control themselves and thus more and more problems will be created.  There is plenty of rope for people to hang themselves in the forums :)  You must choose,  but choose wisely :)

well there always can be assigned chatbox moderators like few (around 5) who had a premission to mute bad talkers .

Roman    0

From what I remember it created a lot of flamebaiting and OOC hate.

Terra    1449

We can give it a try.

Cool. What will it be? A shoutbox?

Karolis    0

We can give it a try.

My idea actually worked

SHzjcYg.gif

Now all we need is people who will be moderators of that and chatbox itself

Skeetsi    0

Noo I've always been against shoutboxes. Well I suppose we can give it a try and remove it when we see it doesn't work.

Flapjack    66

Honestly I'm not really fond of this sort of thing, but it doesn't really affect me to be fair, certainly should't hurt to try it out.

Terra    1449

Information: The Forum rules do also apply to the Shoutbox!

We can give it a try.

Nice play Rolle, I think the community was a little agitated about the poll on ts names. This was a good way to show you haven't gone totally haywire  on us haha.

TEazy97    8

I've already seen abuse of the chatbox with inappropriate posts. I don't think it will last long due to this.

Shark    0

I've already seen abuse of the chatbox with inappropriate posts. I don't think it will last long due to this.

If you see it, report it to a member of staff and we'll handle it from there.

Jimmy!    0

Shoutbox?

Where's Phalix when you need him.

But seriously, chat boxes are fun, but people start roasting others and eventually causes the shoutbox t be removed. It is better off to just not have one.

I did say no but obviously its been added I can just see problems happening but guess its a trial!