Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:37

Sign in to follow this  
Blackbook

How to learn the world/ map

Question

Blackbook    0

Hey,

I wanted to ask for tips, how to learn the world or the map best? Every time I get lost when I try to locate certain. - The compass does not really help me :S

best regards

10 answers to this question

Khardia    0

Hey!

There's no "real" tips on "How to learn the map quickly".. Especially on dayzrp because we don't have any waypoints system. But you can practice!

I suggest that you go practice in the Arma 2 OA editor/armory. There, you can spawn vehicles and havr a GPS, set waypoints, etc. That's how I learned!

Hope this could help! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Yea, it is pretty hard to learn the map but you will be better with the time.

Personally, I learned all the coast in the beginning and only after that, I decided to go further north. I still get lost ahahah

I'm using map and compass, rarely GPS and try to find anything like a lake or a building or a city to locate myself on the map, after that I use the compass to run in the direction I need and I hope to not get lost !

By the way, when you log in game, the name of the place you are will appear for a quick moment in the bottom. You can also try to read the names on the panel and translate them with DayZDB map.

Goodluck !

Blackbook    0

Yea, it is pretty hard to learn the map but you will be better with the time.

Personally, I learned all the coast in the beginning and only after that, I decided to go further north. I still get lost ahahah

I'm using map and compass, rarely GPS and try to find anything like a lake or a building or a city to locate myself on the map, after that I use the compass to run in the direction I need and I hope to not get lost !

By the way, when you log in game, the name of the place you are will appear for a quick moment in the bottom. You can also try to read the names on the panel and translate them with DayZDB map.

Goodluck !

Hey,

I know that the name is visible for a short time. So I know the coast already good. However, I go north direction, but I miss my goal every time. But many thanks for the tip with DayZDB map that could help me a lot.

best regards

Tortov    0

It has taken me 11 months to learn the map.

Play DayZ and use a 3rd party map such as DB to track your location and learn scenery and landmarks.

Tortov    0

11months? WTF :D

Yes, but an average of around 2 hours per week.

Raun Paru    0

Most people I know use

http://dayzdb.com/

extensively. It lists loot spawn locations, vehicle spawn locations,

roads, paths, dirt roads, etc.. etc.. and it's nicely shaded instead of having to make

sense of the contour lines of the in-game topographical map.

I kinda think it's metagaming, but if your brand new to DayZ then.. Eh.. I'll leave

that up to you I guess.

Blackbook    0

I just wanna to learn the map. so i use these map, when i get lost or i don't know, where the next city is^^ Thanks all for the help

best regards