Server time: 2017-10-22, 00:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
JDoberman

The possible future of DayZ?

JDoberman    52

So as you may know already, or may not know already, DayZ is weird.

The reason I put this thread in General Discussion is because it is mainly for posting their opinions about future updates for DayZ. If you wish to move it to Media, be my guest.

I present you with the futurrrrrr!!

More videos/pictures of the futurrrrr, soon.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hSGduQ7YE

dayz-new-official-inventory-gui-w-i-p-preview.jpg

dayz-falling-animation-w-i-p-preview-dayz.jpg

dayz-megaphone-w-i-p-model-preview-dayz-standalone.jpg

dayz-tereza-old-woman-zombie-template-w-i-p-model-preview.jpg

dayz-carrying-heavy-items-barrel-animation-w-i-p-preview.jpg

I think things are starting to move nicely, my only worry is that maybe it's moving too fast and we're about to see more bugs than ever.

I would really like that inventory system instead of the one we have now. It would be really nice to have all these animations in, I especially love the falling ones.

JDoberman    52

I would really like that inventory system instead of the one we have now. It would be really nice to have all these animations in, I especially love the falling ones.

I totally agree. I've been waiting for a new inventory system for a while.

Falling backwards should hurt more than forward, and depending on the height you should be prone to breaking your arms and not legs when falling forward because as shown in the animation a falling human will natural try to break their fall.

JDoberman    52

Falling backwards should hurt more than forward, and depending on the height you should be prone to breaking your arms and not legs when falling forward because as shown in the animation a falling human will natural try to break their fall.

True and I'm sure they will come up with a way to break their fall, which is already shown as a possible feature when jumping and landing on the ground. (First Video.)

Mikachu    26

If you are interested in the future of DayZ I would suggest paying attention to hick's panel at RTX in august.

;)

leech1183    0

Well i always welcome new stuff. I would have to disagree with The Road Warrior about them moving to fast. The game is almost 2 years in alpha now, and it was certanly time for things to pick up the pace :) ofc i don't want the game to get unecessary bugs, it's just the time to push things foward, and new things are looking good :)

JDoberman    52

Updated the thread with some new things I found. Its located near bottom.