Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:17

Sign in to follow this  
The Road Warrior

TeamSpeak - Music Bots?

Question

Howdy.

Whilst having a Moderator cycle through Channels getting everyone to change their Nicknames to Usernames he spotted my Music Bot.

Now he wasn't too sure on the ruling of if they are allowed or not and not wanting to get into a debate I just got rid of it as I was getting off.

Now as he was unsure I figured I'd come here and ask for a clearer answer or a larger discussion on the matter.

To be clear, I simply softly play music in a channel with myself and my friends.

I do not troll through channels, or play loud music, it has no effect on role-play.

However we do occasionally gather by a camp fire and play soft acoustic music or sing-along's.

So all I'm looking for is a definite answer on whether or not I'm allowed to have a Music Box.

I usually have it named with something like "Jericho's Jukebox" but I'll aptly use my Username.

Thanks for reading, and to the Moderator I dealt with I hope you don't mistake this as me sneaking over your head.

7 answers to this question

Rolle    2449

You're playing the music through TS? Shouldn't you use in game voice so that other players can hear it as well? Or is it just OOC music?

It's usually through TS as it's mostly OOC Music,

but in certain situations like around the camp fire I change it to come through my in-game.

Guest CUDA   
Guest CUDA

Lots of people use Music Bots. As long as you are not trolling with the bot you should be good.

Lots of people use Music Bots. As long as you are not trolling with the bot you should be good.

That's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to get some confirmation first.

Just in case anything is set to change with the new username enforcement.

You are allowed to have a music bot in TS, as long as you are not trolling with it and everyone that is in your channel are fine with it.

With the answers provided, has your question been answered?

Glad to see that you got it sorted, i'll mark this as /solved