Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:52

Sign in to follow this  
Boston

Forced Talking IG When Using TS

SHOULD PLAYERS TRANSMIT RADIO MESSAGES IN DIRECT?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD PLAYERS TRANSMIT RADIO MESSAGES IN DIRECT?

Boston    648

There's probably no way that EVERYONE'S would follow this if it was a rule, but I'll suggest it anyway.

When playing DayZRP, many use the TeamSpeak to communicate with each other, and call it a 'radio'. They talk on TS, but don't talk in Direct Communication. I think this is abuse of mechanics/not realistic/powergaming

I think there should be a rule enforced where if you talk in TeamSpeak (radio), you should have to transmit in-game. If I had a radio IRL, and I was talking on it, I think people around me would be able to hear me.

This would allow for someone who's initiating to know if someone's getting ready to kill them.

Like I said, even if this was enforced, probably very little to nobody would follow it.

Yes or no?

Hex    31

There's probably no way that EVERYONE'S would follow this if it was a rule, but I'll suggest it anyway.

/thread right there.

There is simply no way to enforce it.

Tewudin    44

It's sound interesting. Definitely it's realistic because in real life anyone can hear you talking through "radio" or mobile phone. Unfortunately, I've to agree that there is no way to enforce it. At least, in my opinion. Maybe someone will came up with brilliant idea but not me.

1. Role Playing

Definition

You are required to role play a character at all times. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play.

It's already in the rules, but like Hex said, there isn't a way to simply enforce it. That doesn't mean that people don't get punished for it. Not to mention it's nice to have an OOC outlet. If I said half the shit I say in TS in-game I would be RIP by now

Guest AsOiX   
Guest AsOiX

I wouldn't call it impossible. Someone could make something i bet, but that costs $$$

Boston    648

I wouldn't call it impossible. Someone could make something i bet, but that costs $$$

It'll be possible when Steam Workshop comes in, I bet.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

It'll be possible when Steam Workshop comes in, I bet.

probably not

rip acre/task force radio

Spartan    1017

Me and my group have an ic and an ooc channel. In teamspeak, if we go ingame, we often mute ourselves and we rarely use ts. If we use it, it is ic in the ic channel and ooc in the ooc channel. Simple as 1+1.

It can't be enforced by staff but a group can enforce it in their own group.

Like stated, it's been brought up many times, it's very hard to enforce and because of game mechanics we can't really walk up to someone and whisper in their ear what we should do, it would also be very weird to run away 800m just to talk about what you are going to do.

As it is now, we'll have to live with it.

If you want to know more, then just click those threads.

/closing.