Server time: 2017-08-16, 21:54

Sign in to follow this  
Tewudin

DayZRP "Outbreak" Live Action Trailer

Tewudin    44

Hello, fellow players and community members. I'm here only a few days but for now due to my problem with PC, I'm spending this time on forum rather than in game. I know, that's a shame because I'd want to jump right into RP even today. Well, good news is that my computer will be fixed soon. How soon? It should be the matter of weeks but no promises. In the meantime, I came up with an idea to create something for DayZRP. As some of you may or may not already know, video editing is my hobby so I thought "Maybe I can try to put together a trailer for DayZRP?" That question led to this footage - DaYZRP "Outbreak" Live Action Trailer. Why Live Action? I'm not really able to record anything in game or even play so I don't need to explain further. "Outbreak" title wasn't chose by accident. This trailer was meant to show first weeks/months of the outbreak that started in Chernarus but soon it spread further, infecting other countries and perhaps even entire planet but who knows what is happening in the world anymore. I'm well aware that perhaps I could've done some things better but I hope you'll still enjoy it and give me some feedback on this. ;)

[video=youtube]

Krullin    0

Wow.... Looks awesome man, good job. You got my hype pal, you can have all of it

Liked it. Well done

Tewudin    44

Wow.... Looks awesome man, good job. You got my hype pal, you can have all of it

Liked it. Well done

Not bad, not bad...

I didn't expected feedback so qucikly and positive one too. Thanks guys. I'm glad that you like it. :) I thought that maybe I did something wrong because it was kind of hard for me to create Live Action trailer for DayZRP. You know, it had to be in line with lore and everything. It was hard because I wasn't sure if the scenes etc. will fit.

DerrickStorm    34

[align=justify]Tell me about it. Lore and Series is my first big project and making trailer of it was endless rendering->correcting->rendering->finding small thing that I've missed->rendering->not being happy with what I see->fixing->rendering. But I love video editing and I know how much any kind of feedback is helpfull. Your video was short, nicely edited and even if few things could be tweaked it deserves thumbs up!

p.s. Feel free to ask if you need help with anything!

Tewudin    44

[align=justify]Tell me about it. Lore and Series is my first big project and making trailer of it was endless rendering->correcting->rendering->finding small thing that I've missed->rendering->not being happy with what I see->fixing->rendering. But I love video editing and I know how much any kind of feedback is helpfull. Your video was short, nicely edited and even if few things could be tweaked it deserves thumbs up!

p.s. Feel free to ask if you need help with anything!

It was short beucase I didn't felt that it needs to be any longer. Also used music was the same length so I had no idea how to extend it. Of course, I didn't want to because I think quality is more important than length. I agree with you that feedback is important, especially if something isn't right, yes?

P.S When my computer will be fixed and I'll be able to play and record things, I'm thinking about creating another DayZRP trailer but this time with some IG footage. ;)

That looks brilliant man, good job :)

Nocheluz    104

Whoa! NOICE!! That truck crashing into the gas station actually looked like a Cherno gas station! You did a mighty fine job there. I could see you and DerrickStorm working together someday :)  At any rate, from me a hearty-

PM99AJg.gif

I really enjoyed it, but the only problem with it that bothers me is the fact that in the trailer you call them "undead" and "Zombies. They're infected (but still living). It could use a little tweaking but bravo. :)

Tewudin    44

--snip--

Maybe one day, I don't know. I've never worked with anyone during the process of editing this videos. I always done things by myself so that would be definitely something new for me. Also thanks for feedback. ;)

--snip--

Well, maybe you're right but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, I read the lore to be sure and for what I understand this creatures in DayZ aren't alive. They're undead. I know what you meant but I guess every human see things differently. You or someone else might see them as just infected people who may or may not be alive. At the same time someone else might be aware that this people aren't actually alive anymore.

P.S Also about "zombies", this isn't the world of The Walking Dead so I guess the term "zombies" existed in human culture before the outbreak, you know. It's just my guess.

DerrickStorm    34

but the only problem with it that bothers me is the fact that in the trailer you call them "undead" and "Zombies. They're infected (but still living).

On a side note I think you're a little wrong here. Quote from Lore:

"After a while the fever will literally cook your brain and you're dead. Once death hits, it takes 1-3 minutes for the virus to "jump-start" your brain and re-start your body. Don't kid yourself though, the Zeds are still "dead". And very hungry"

Tewudin    44

but the only problem with it that bothers me is the fact that in the trailer you call them "undead" and "Zombies. They're infected (but still living).

On a side note I think you're a little wrong here. Quote from Lore:

"After a while the fever will literally cook your brain and you're dead. Once death hits, it takes 1-3 minutes for the virus to "jump-start" your brain and re-start your body. Don't kid yourself though, the Zeds are still "dead". And very hungry"

He may be wrong or not but like I said, it all depends on people point of view. For example, your character may (or may not) be aware that this things aren't alive but maybe tomorrow you'll meet someone who will see them as infected people. He/she may even believe that they can be cured or something.

Noice

Tewudin    44

Wow! Thanks again for all positive comments, guys! You really surprised me with this. I was almost sure that something may be wrong but you show me that I had nothing to worry about. ;) Yet again, thanks for all feedback you gave me. Honestly, I can't wait to create another one but this time with some in-game footage. I have an idea, even chose music for it but like I said, I'm not able to record or even play any games so I'll have to wait until I'll get my PC fixed. :(

Autumn    121

Dude, looks awesome :D

jason hunter    56

WOW this was mindblowing!!

A VERY good job indeed!

take my advise keep on doing this and you will find yourself creating videogame trailers before you even know it!!

Follow your dreams.

-Jason Hunter   2015

Tewudin    44

--snip--

Check my channel, man. I'm already creating video games trailers. :D Just not official ones. Also thanks (again) for the feedback. ;)