Server time: 2017-08-24, 08:53

Sign in to follow this  
HarlemMilkShake

DayZ Interaction/Emote Key Print Out

Hey all, HarlemMilkShake here with something to help out new players and people like me who cant remember the damn interaction keys if their life depended on it. I've quickly throw together a little print out that lists all the default interaction/emote keys. I've also included a .PSD file for others who have the unlisted emotes bound to a key (i.e Heart, Salute, and Relax). Hope someone finds this useful!

Link to Print Out:

http://imgur.com/ZdsgEqe

Link to .PSD Download (In case you need to add other keys):

https://www.mediafire.com/?kkvs4dsaemxr2u5

Nocheluz    104

That is awesome Harlem! Where were you about 3 months ago! :P I ended up making a cheat sheet, but this would have been mighty cool to have. Great contribution for new folks to the game!

The only thing I can see it's missing is that if your fists are up with F4 instead of the middle finger, you will make a <3 with your two hands. At least at one point you could, haven't tried it lately. Regardless, this will be useful to new players :)

Yeah this is pretty helpful. You can imagine how awkward it is when I go to point something out to somebody, and end up giving them the finger. Can never remember which is to point. Well now I know!

That is awesome Harlem! Where were you about 3 months ago! :P  I ended up making a cheat sheet, but this would have been mighty cool to have. Great contribution for new folks to the game!

The only thing I can see it's missing is that if your fists are up with F4 instead of the middle finger, you will make a <3 with your two hands. At least at one point you could, haven't tried it lately. Regardless, this will be useful to new players :)

Thanks for the tip i wasn't aware of that!  I just have Heart bound to NUM 7 key along with the other hidden emotes.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Thank you for this...

+1

I learned F10 makes people ask you questions too often, especially when there were people trying to play security guard at the Colony.

Nifty little guide for people who likely never used the F-row keys on pubs.

JDoberman    44

I hope you know that there are actually more emotes/interaction keys which you have to set in your controls. They involve Saluting, a different style of sitting, and various other things.

Edit : Sorry, I realized I skimmed over your post, and did not see what you said about the hidden emotes.

Apologies.

Wulfe    6

Cool this is great, although I usually just pull up the Wiki Page for gestures in my steam browser, but I've already started to memorize in my mind the most important ones.

I learned F10 makes people ask you questions too often, especially when there were people trying to play security guard at the Colony.

Nifty little guide for people who likely never used the F-row keys on pubs.

:troll: "Is there a problem here?"

Dusty    1067

Thanks for this dude. Another tip would be to rebind certain emotes to keys that you can remember. For instance, I've bound thumbs up to my up arrow, sit down to down arrow, middle finger to left arrow, and point to right arrow. I've also bound hands up to Y, as it kind of looks like a person with their hands up.

Brad    155

Right on!  Useful guide

To go along with this, Here is my guide to binding the new emotes:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-Tutorial-New-Emotes

Sign in to follow this