Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:01

Sign in to follow this  
Zhunk

The notorious bugs list

Zhunk    2

[align=justify]Hi guys, while playing Dayz I've encountered enormous amount of bugs. Some of them took my gear, some of them brought me to a tragical (yet funny) death. But I say no more! No more to the bugs tyranny!

I've been thinking, what If I post a bug list? It will not completely eradicate the bugs, but at least peoples will be aware of them. Comment to bring more bugs to my attention, and I'll add them to the list.

The List:

1. (Not a bug, but players should be aware of it) Picking up a machine gun, might cause your backpack to disappear.

2. Crawling over small objects can result in injuries (Broken Bones, Bleeding, etc) or even death, can also result in standing up unexpectedly without injury.

3. Items in a full inventory deleted when moving items around.

4. Zombies can move through doors or walls and are very jittery.

5. Zombies attack through walls.

6. Dropping items can cause them to disappear.

7. Picking up a weapon from the ground destroys other weapon's ammo in your active inventory.

8. Helicopters continue to leak fuel even after being fully repaired.

9. It is possible to fall out of the chopper while in transit in any seat apart from the pilot

10. Changing into Camo Clothing or a Ghillie suit will revert your backpack to a previous state. The backpack will revert (almost always) to a Coyote Patrol Pack, and will only contain eight random items out of what the other backpack contained. Any other items that the backpack fails to hold will be lost.

11. After exiting a vehicle you cannot use the scrollbar.

12. While driving, object might render too late.

13. While switching backpacks using the "switch to ______ backpack" option from the scrollbar, your previous backpack might disappear (Including the gear inside it).

14. When wearing a custom skin, changing or logging in on a hill can break your legs and cause minor blood loss.

Possible Solutions:

2. Insted of crowling over small objects, try crouching.

3. Before picking up items make sure that you have enough space for it in your inventory (Backpack\Body).

7. As "Slip" suggested: "When you pick up a new gun, the game wants to place all the ammo included with it into your inventory, and might then destroy old ammo that doesn't work with new gun. Just make sure you have room in your inventory before picking stuff up".

10. Drop your backpack before changing skin.

11. Try re-entering\exiting the vehicle or you could also wait a few seconds.

12. Drive slower in areas you know there migt be objects on the road. While driving, turn Object Detail to Very High or High.

13. Move the gear from your previous backpack to the newer one before switching them.

14. Try to avoid changing skins while being on an hill.

Most of the bugs were taken from: Dayz gamepedia.

But there's lots more, feel free to add contribute :)

Nikolai B.    0

#1 is not a bug, it's a feature. It was implemented at one of the updates for the beta patch.

#2 can also result in standing up unexpectedly without injury, however, exposing yourself without warning or any means to stop the action.

#3 Is incorrectly described. Items only disappear when moved into a full backpack.

#4 and 5 - Only some walls, not all walls.

#6 Only on certain surfaces.

I was gonna go the whole way and actually correct all your mistakes and incomplete data, but i give up. This is my dayjob, as a QA engineer, to report and track bugs, as well as define them and all that.

I suggest you elaborate on each as much as possible and also include work-arounds where viable (most places).

Nice try, though.

Also, since DayzRP is running it's own mod, some bugs from regular dayz may not apply at all, or present themselves differently in dayzRP.

For the same reasosns, bugs may be present in dayzRP that do not exist in regular dayz.

Sin    114

#7 - eh, depends on how much space you've got available. Picking up a weapon when you've already got a primary usually places old gun and ammo on ground. When you pick up a new gun, the game wants to place all the ammo included with it into your inventory, and might then destroy old ammo that doesn't work with new gun. I never do this, and haven't observed it lately, so I might be mistaken on some points, but there you go. Just make sure you have room in your inventory before picking stuff up.

#8 - even after fully repaired? I thought this was fixed. Jamie?!?

#9 - never observed this. You sure it wasn't a one-time glitch?

#10 - heard of this but thought it was fixed too.

#11 - Thought this was fixed too. Drop your backpack before changing skin. Also, when wearing a custom skin, changing or logging in on a hill can break your legs and cause minor blood loss.

#12 - Try zooming in. Never experienced this problem.

#13 - While driving, turn Object Detail to Very High or High; find the option under advanced video settings. Maybe don't drive so fast.

Nikolai B.    0

As he said himself - the list was taken from regular dayz and some stuff may not apply to dsayzRP and other way around.

Some stuff may also be out of date for regular dayz.

Zhunk    2

Thanks guys!

I added possible solutions (Not for all the bugs). If some of the bugs were fixed, tell me and I'll remove them from the list.