Server time: 2017-10-20, 18:13
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Stagsview

Loremaster Position

Stagsview    625

Hello there DayZRP.

Lore has become for the team, a main focus for us. In doing so, we wish to push for a more general understanding of the lore and building connections for forum and IG actions. Making new stories and events for DayZRP in the near future. With this we have decided the following:

After much discussion within the DayZRP team we have decided that we are in search for possible candidates for a new Loremaster in DayZRP. For those who remember, The Loremaster position was made back in the Mod days and was a specific position within the staff team that focused on helping clans adapt to the lore assist them in getting accepted, writing the official DayZRP lore that will be adapted to include events from our servers (In game) and help the story line grow plus creating events/Staff run factions.

With this, we wish to see those who are interested in helping the DayZRP staff team,in doing so becoming part of the team.

Further details of the position will be filled in during an interview with both Rolle and the Admin team.

Requirements: 

• Age of 18+

• Passionate about writing stories and being part of the team.

• Experience in writing, having a vast imagination and capable with working with people (Staff and community)

• Free time and dedication in helping write the lore and helping others.

How to Apply:

If you wish to apply or have any questions regarding the position. This position is open for both current staff and community members.

You are able to apply by sending a private message to any admin here.

Please follow the following format when sending a PM:

Writing experience [Links to examples]:
Why should we choose you?:
What other qualities do you have?:
What can you bring to the team?:
Communication skills:
(If there are any other details you wish to add that have not been covered in the application, please do so after the final question.)

All but the 18+ *sighs*

Rolle    2953

Does Tomeran/SumoS not want it back?

No.

/edit 2fast4staggsie

Stagsview    625

Tomeran is currently staff in another community and is dedicating his time there from what we know.

Sumos doesn't play DayzRP much at all nor does post. 

So we are looking for fresh blood ;)

Mellstrom    21

*Free time*

Ain't got it....

Dougie    23

Asking: Rolle

Q1. Can I be the next LoreMaster?

A1. No.

/Rolle

#GreenGod4Loremaster

Volke    131

I love this, I think the lore will need some work and refining especially with some details, such as radios, communication devices, parts of the lore such as Iceland and it's settlement, perhaps outside involvement? Who knows I might apply for myself :P. But +1 on making on bringing back the idea of the loremaster position back :)

Tomeran    3

I'd take the job but then I'd have to continue with the god damned mess the previous ones left behind. No thanks.

On a srs note: Best of luck to whoever wants to continue with the occupation, and if you want to talk about things or whatnot then im still around. Once in a while.

Guest Phat J   
Guest Phat J

Glad we are getting some Lore-masters.

Good luck to all who apply!

Rifleman    14

Throwing my name into the hat. Good luck to all!

Volke    131

I'd take the job but then I'd have to continue with the god damned mess the previous ones left behind. No thanks.

On a srs note: Best of luck to whoever wants to continue with the occupation, and if you want to talk about things or whatnot then im still around. Once in a while.

Actually, another question I have is would a loremaster just work on the current timeline and try to cut off loose ends and confusions while advancing the storyline down their own path ? Or would they have a totally different interpretation of the lore making a change itself?

What I mean by this would be would someone be replacing Tomeran's previous work of the events that happened across the world or just adding it on and cutting the loose ends or confusions?

Hatch    0

Tomeran is currently staff in another community and is dedicating his time there from what we know.

Sumos doesn't play DayzRP much at all nor does post. 

So we are looking for fresh blood ;)

Ah okay, shame to see him not coming back

Tomeran    3

Actually, another question I have is would a loremaster just work on the current timeline and try to cut off loose ends and confusions while advancing the storyline down their own path ? Or would they have a totally different interpretation of the lore making a change itself?

What I mean by this would be would someone be replacing Tomeran's previous work of the events that happened across the world or just adding it on and cutting the loose ends or confusions?

Up to either the top staff or the loremaster I can imagine. I'd suggest stay the course but..that makes sense for me to suggest I guess.

Starting over on something entirely different, although it has its merits, may be a tad challenging. Not to mention that when me and SumoS built the lore, we put...quite a lot of time into it. Anyone that seeks to replace it(and it can surely be done better, I dont doubt that for a second), has their work cut out for them, as building a lore from top to bottom involves...a lot of effort.

And restarting the background setting either chronologicly or detail-wise to something brand new also comes with its own host of IC complications for the people in the community. That's worth to take into consideration.

Guest slummylemon   
Guest slummylemon

I would recommend Neszy

This

#NezsyForLoreMaster2k15?

Bjon    15

So tempting, but I don't think someone as new as myself would have any chance of making it. I do wish those of you that apply the best of luck! I hope we get to see new and exciting lore projects come from this!

Hatch    0

So tempting, but I don't think someone as new as myself would have any chance of making it. I do wish those of you that apply the best of luck! I hope we get to see new and exciting lore projects come from this!

Many of the current staff joined around the same time as you. I wouldn't worry about that

Volke    131

Up to either the top staff or the loremaster I can imagine. I'd suggest stay the course but..that makes sense for me to suggest I guess.

Starting over on something entirely different, although it has its merits, may be a tad challenging. Not to mention that when me and SumoS built the lore, we put...quite a lot of time into it. Anyone that seeks to replace it(and it can surely be done better, I dont doubt that for a second), has their work cut out for them, as building a lore from top to bottom involves...a lot of effort.

And restarting the background setting either chronologicly or detail-wise to something brand new also comes with its own host of IC complications for the people in the community. That's worth to take into consideration.

Of course :P, I guess when the new loremaster is around, I am just curious if they would tie up some untold events you had written of or if they were never put into question. Particularly not the official lore but more of the radio broadcasts I meant.

Fantastic idea guys,

Good luck to all the people who apply, Eager to see what this bring's to the table!

Good luck to everyone that applies, it will be nice to have a Loremaster again :)