Server time: 2017-10-22, 01:05
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
ProDispatch

Bandit Venting

ProDispatch    0

I just think they are scum, seriously. The amount of times I have been held up/been killed is unreal and for what? Because they can't find the gear for themselves and have to take it from others because they are terrible at loot hunting and have no patience. (Not just in RP but normal DayZ) I fear if this is the game, what would the real thing be like? What's next, Killing someone over an argument? Oh wait, that happens.

Now I haven't gone against the saying don't beat it until you try it. I have unfortunately played the role of a bandit for a short while and I felt absolutely awful killing someone, taking what probably took them hours upon hours to collect. And for what, me to kill them for maybe one item I needed off them? Which I most likely could have just asked for the can of food or something? It's just horrible, in the end I messaged him and told him to come collect all his stuff, I even give him a few items I felt that bad and replaced some of his ruined equipment. I just feel it's horrible destroying what someone has spent hours of their free time, which they wont get back, into collecting just for you to come and take a few items.

Feel free to vent about your thoughts.

Brad    158

I have one piece of advice that can literally change this for you.

Find a group.  I have played with a group of some kind for pretty much the entire course of my existence here and it works. (i have been robbed on only three or four occasions since december, three of those were group rp sessions where we were taken hostage, one was a one on one robbery where the robber made the mistake of robbing me at green mountain tower when I had seven people with me down below)

The bandit groups that prey on people traveling alone just don't mess with people who are in groups of 3+

Are there still hostilities?  Yep!  But it is a gamechanger to have support.

Are there people out there that are gear orientated who's values stray from this server?  Absolutely.  Record and report.  We don't need that here

But traveling alone.  It's a dangerous world my friend.

Siorre    0

I rob you for RP. If you don't comply. it's your fault. Hostile RP is my favorite in this game. Just some people think I am gonna take all of their stuff. No, I am going to take stuff I need. I don't usually ask because my character likes to act tough and be in control of things. I find loot easily. Just sometimes you need some hostile RP and get people scared

Volke    131

I just think they are scum, seriously. The amount of times I have been held up/been killed is unreal and for what? Because they can't find the gear for themselves and have to take it from others because they are terrible at loot hunting and have no patience. (Not just in RP but normal DayZ) I fear if this is the game, what would the real thing be like? What's next, Killing someone over an argument? Oh wait, that happens.

Now I haven't gone against the saying don't beat it until you try it. I have unfortunately played the role of a bandit for a short while and I felt absolutely awful killing someone, taking what probably took them hours upon hours to collect. And for what, me to kill them for maybe one item I needed off them? Which I most likely could have just asked for the can of food or something? It's just horrible, in the end I messaged him and told him to come collect all his stuff, I even give him a few items I felt that bad and replaced some of his ruined equipment. I just feel it's horrible destroying what someone has spent hours of their free time, which they wont get back, into collecting just for you to come and take a few items.

I can understand your distaste towards bandits. But a better idea would be to think as bandit rp that made it easier for me is it is an exchange of gear for rp. What you give in gear they give to roleplay. I do not play a bandit but I do not have any distaste for them. If you dislike playing a bandit role, then don't do it. However they do exist, they would be more common now especially 9 months after where canned food and supplies are becoming less common.

The most important thing is this: Don't get attached to gear, it's equipment. Enjoy the rp , take part and immerse yourself. Feel as your character, and don't get oocly attached to the gear you lose. This is my best advice to you :)

Tewudin    44

It's kind of realistic things if you will try to think about it a little longer. Traveling, man, even living alone for a long time is very dangerous. It's always easier to survive if you're with a group of people you can trust. It was always like this, I guess - bandits preying on weak people. It won't change. Though it always better if robbing is explained by RP reasons, not desire to simply gain your gear.

Chow    45

Without bandits, this server would be boring for most people.

Imagine this server without any threats, without any fear!

ProDispatch    0

Find a group.  I have played with a group of some kind for pretty much the entire course of my existence here and it works.

The bandit groups that prey on people traveling alone just don't mess with people who are in groups of 3+

Are there people out there that are gear orientated who's values stray from this server?  Absolutely.  Record and report.  We don't need that here

It's happens when I'm in a group or not. For example, I just got shot and killed in a robbing attempt as I was in a group of 4 which one of the group were actually and bandit and his friend came out of no where and held us up. Sure numbers can help but it doesn't stop it all together. 

And I'm not just complaining because it keeps happening to me, I just think the game type of robbing someone is fowl, I don't see how people can be okay with destroying someone's hours of progress....... actually, yes I can imagine how people can be okay with it, but they love to ruin the game for others just for their own satisfaction. 

I do like to travel alone though, most people like to move around fast whilst I like the more slow and hidden tactic. Means I'm out of sight and out of mind. Traveling in groups just draws more attention.

Davos    5

I don't feel that there needs to be another thread complaining about banditry personally. Every now and then this sort of thing comes up it just turns into a flame-fest.

My opinion however is simply this, without bandits, there would be a great deal less protagonists, not many reasons to form groups, and nothing to keep you on your toes. I love Bandits, I love being held up by bandits, especially good ones. If you have a bad time with bandits, then they are likely poor roleplayers or someone decided they could take on four guys with aks.

When bad banditry comes into play, it is up to those players to get better at it. Same as people joining military groups ought to get better at PVP and roleplaying a soldier. Before I was beaten to the punch I was working on a guide to banditry and honestly a lot of it was common sense stuff people just don't put effort into. Bandits are just another group like all the others. Personally I would love for people to stop calling them Bandits because SA is not the MOD. These people aren't a "Bandit Group" they are desperate or devilish survivors that find it easier to pick on the weak than to risk their lives. It is the same that there are no "Hero Groups" we are all just survivors doing what we have to do.

As for killing people as a bandit, well they could have complied, if they did, they would have been let go. Yes they would be intimidated and scared, but they could have survived. Tips for avoiding them, staff off the main roads, don't accept candy from strangers, don't get into vehicles with strangers, and don't walk around loaded like a super soldier and then travel around on your own. If you look like you have it all, people are going to try to take it all.

Its the end of the world man, civil disobedience is over, the tough and the bad are the most likely to survive, it's in full on "Get F***ed Mode". Welcome to Chernarus ;)

Find a group.  I have played with a group of some kind for pretty much the entire course of my existence here and it works.

It's happens when I'm in a group or not. For example, I just got shot and killed in a robbing attempt as I was in a group of 4 which one of the group were actually and bandit and his friend came out of no where and held us up. Sure numbers can help but it doesn't stop it all together. 

And I'm not just complaining because it keeps happening to me, I just think the game type of robbing someone is fowl, I don't see how people can be okay with destroying someone's hours of progress....... actually, yes I can imagine how people can be okay with it, but they love to ruin the game for others just for their own satisfaction. 

I do like to travel alone though, most people like to move around fast whilst I like the more slow and hidden tactic. Means I'm out of sight and out of mind. Traveling in groups just draws more attention.

Also, I think he means join a group, not just find a group of people and hangout with them. Forming or becoming part of a group bonds people together and makes them want to keep each other alive. Joining up with strangers for safety is as dangerous as going it alone.

Volke    131

I just feel it's horrible destroying what someone has spent hours of their free time, which they wont get back, into collecting just for you to come and take a few items.

-----

Also if you have equipment that is less then desirable you won't get robbed :P

Hex    31

I love these threads, they feed me.....also because I can post this.

[video=youtube]

Hebee    2675

When I was in the masquerade I probably held 4-5 people a day it was only for rp purposes though very rarely did I ever take anything from anyone it was purely for the hostage rp. That being said I did take things from people if I knew it meant a lot to their character I.e. Mr redwater's red boonie. Try complying I have been held up* plenty of times and have gotten great experiences out of it. Side note rping pain when bring tortured is pretty fun too!

ProDispatch    0

I can understand your distaste towards bandits. But a better idea would be to think as bandit rp that made it easier for me is it is an exchange of gear for rp. What you give in gear they give to roleplay. I do not play a bandit but I do not have any distaste for them. If you dislike playing a bandit role, then don't do it. However they do exist, they would be more common now especially 9 months after where canned food and supplies are becoming less common.

The most important thing is this: Don't get attached to gear, it's equipment. Enjoy the rp , take part and immerse yourself. Feel as your character, and don't get oocly attached to the gear you lose. This is my best advice to you :)

I know the whole don't get attached to your gear, been playing for over 3/4 years now so I'm quite used to loosing my gear. It's just the whole killing someone because they just need a can of beans. Like come on, it's quite laughable especially how easy it is to find food compared to say 5 months ago.

Without bandits, this server would be boring for most people.

Imagine this server without any threats, without any fear!

I agree, but I hate how people kill for such small petty things like a can of beans when they could just ask you for some, or better yet find their own. And with the whole threat thing you could still have it without 'bandits' as such, it would be more team death match (But not KoS) style where different groups have different enemies and they focus on them because of a disagreement on how they treat people or something like that.

Guy's I'm not looking for people to tell me how to cope with bandits... I know there is no getting rid of them, I just thought it would be cool to have a place where people could vent about it.

No need to keep telling me how to deal with bandits. :-)

Tewudin    44

I know the whole don't get attached to your gear, been playing for over 3/4 years now so I'm quite used to loosing my gear. It's just the whole killing someone because they just need a can of beans. Like come on, it's quite laughable especially how easy it is to find food compared to say 5 months ago. 

Okay so you're upset because they're stealing things like can of beans from you or maybe you're angry that they're killing you in the process? You know, there is always option that bandits can rob you and leave you alive after that.

ProDispatch    0

Okay so you're upset because they're stealing things like can of beans from you or maybe you're angry that they're killing you in the process? You know, there is always option that bandits can rob you and leave you alive after that.

Not just stealing, killing you and taking all the gear when they just needed food. If they literally just took a can of beans I would gladly have loads in my bags and run around giving them to people so no one had to go around killing people for food.

Brad    158

Not just stealing, killing you and taking all the gear when they just needed food. If they literally just took a can of beans I would gladly have loads in my bags and run around giving them to people so no one had to go around killing people for food.

If they are killing a complying hostage for gear it is against the rules, simple as that.

If you don't report these situations people keep going because they get away with it and the cycle of bad rp banditry continues.

Tewudin    44

Oh, okay. I understand now. Then I kind of agree with you. I mean, bandits are needed but it's annoying when they're killing you because they wanted just one thing but took all of your gear and killed you in the process. If I'm not mistaken, that's also breaking the rules, yes? I mean, they can kill you but when you don't comply with their demands, yes? I assume that you did cooperated?

ProDispatch    0

If they are killing a complying hostage for gear it is against the rules, simple as that.

If you don't report these situations people keep going because they get away with it and the cycle of bad rp banditry continues.

I think you missed the part where I said I'm not just venting about RP, this is general DayZ bandits too. :-)

Oh, okay. I understand now. Then I kind of agree with you. I mean, bandits are needed but it's annoying when they're killing you because they wanted just one thing but took all of your gear and killed you in the process. If I'm not mistaken, that's also breaking the rules, yes? I mean, they can kill you but when you don't comply with their demands, yes? I assume that you did cooperated?

Like I said to Brad, I'm not just complaining about RP, this is general DayZ too. :-)

Brad    158

I think you missed the part where I said I'm not just venting about RP, this is general DayZ bandits too. :-)

Like I said to Brad, I'm not just complaining about RP, this is general DayZ too. :-)

Well we can rant about public servers until we are blue in the face, the purpose of this server is to RP, and my point was if you are getting public server RP from bandits than you should report it.

Zero    463

I've spent two entire weeks searching for an SVD and finally found one, I know though, if I am alone, some one is going to say "Omgz, so kewl, I wunt." Hold me up, take the rifle, then run off, even though they would have a decked AK or Winchester. Just how people are. Not taking it without a fight though, I'll go out John Marston style if I have too.

Boston    778

Others have said, and I'll say it too, some bandits aren't really about gear, but moreso for RP. But it goes without saying, there are some bandits who AREN'T like that.

Besides, you need bandits in this game to make it interesting, atleast until the zombies are fixed.

In my opinion, there aren't enough bandits. It feels like once every blue moon there's an initiation. Which is why I'm hopping on my alt sometime soon, ;)

Yeah, even I feel bad sometimes when robbing people, but after time, you get used to it. The way I think about it, if you provide good RP while robbing, then it's like a swap. You give them your RP, and they give you their gear. Simple. But that's just my two cents.

Tewudin    44

General, you say? I guess there is no much room for debate about this. On RP server like this we all know how it should be but on public servers anyone can pretty much do anything he/she wants. If you encounter bandit group then they can even tied you up, dressed you like a clown and order you to sing a song. :P

Sasha    0

If you're on here for gear, you're on the wrong server. There's plenty of PvE servers around you can join.

Here you roleplay, be it friendly or hostile RP.

Valkyryon    0

I don't really mind banditry what really dislike is straight-out KOS :(

But since there are so many bandits here right now I have a question for you:

How much gear do you take when robbing someone (defensive robbery -> only ammo VS aggressive robbery -> everything because why not)? Will your victims behavior change this?

Would actually love a poll about that...

Inb4lock

RP over gear man, Bandit RP in my opinion is the most entertaining form of RPing because tensions are rising an ya don't know what to expect. Now if ya run into drop weps ten sex run north bandits, then I have some sympathy for ya but if ya have good bandit RP but still complain about it then it's a different story.