Server time: 2017-10-17, 18:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Spotter

My thoughts on RP2

Spotter    0

I think that RP2 is unsuccessful for a couple reasons. It is the same basic experience and game, but you have to start all over and there is half the people from when you were playing on RP1.

"Want to meet up?"

"Sure, you on Chernarus?"

"No."

"Oh, okay. See ya later."

I think if we want a second server to work? We should be working on an entirely new community and experience for it. It was discussed that we should make RP2 more hardcore with 1st person only, harder loot tables, and on Namalsk, for example; people also said the second server should have stricter RP rules and requirements. A new map doesn't change it up enough.

Hell, if we had a DayZ RP server, and a Minecraft RP server? That would have both servers full. It is when we have both servers putting out the same experience that we will see everyone gravitating towards whichever has the most people: RP1.

These are the kinds of ideas that will eventually, in the long term, get the second server populated. When it offers something unique for its own community to fall in love with it is when we will see both servers filling up. Trying to split one community into two servers with the same experience will always repeat Taviana's release, in my opinion.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Minecraft RP FTW <3

Make a poll!

Spotter    0

Lol I mean Rel says he's a java guru, and could mod it with pretty much anything, but that's making a big decision on Rolle's behalf to change the community from a DayZ RP community to just an RP gaming community. It'll take more than a poll for that, and that's not what this post was meant to suggest. Just that we switch up RP2's experience somehow, so that people become loyal to it because it is different from RP1.

I still stand on my first position toward RP2, i'm sure it would be successful if we were taking it into a different way. I want RP2 to be a more hardcore dedicated server, where we USE the first person view at all time, where we actually need to roleplay alot more.

I personnaly consider RP1 as a soft-roleplay, i'm not saying it's bad but why not using RP2 in a different way ? Nobody is actually required to play there. Only those who wants to try something different, a new community with different roleplay.

I'm all for it.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

You only need bukkit+few plugins... Even i could make Minecraft RP server of i could get a host.

No need for Java gurus...

Tomeran    3

Lets not get stuck on the minecraft comparison. :P

I generally agree with your points Spotter, but as you are aware I am a fierce opponent of forced 1st person.

It is not exclusivly roleplayers that favor forced 1st person and you would effectivly(very effectivly) alienate a lot of people with such a feature, people that would well want to play and feel they belong on such a server.

I feel a new map could also help, but of course then that begs the question if its fair for those not wanting a hardcore rp server to be denied a new map experience.

Perhaps keeping both RP1 and RP2 on Chernarus and different rulesets and different degrees of emphasis on roleplay is not a horrible idea. Just please, no forced 1st person.

Nikolai B.    0

Do you consider it "forced" if both servers are running Chernarus but First person is forced on one of them?

Tomeran    3

Do you consider it "forced" if both servers are running Chernarus but First person is forced on one of them?

If one of them has server settings I greatly prefer yet forces a 1st person perspective, then yes, I'd consider it forced. Many of my clanmates and friends would probably play on rp2 with more a more hardcore RP emphasis. Some of them feel the way I do about 1st person, some dont. Would hate to see a divide there when it isnt really neccecery.

Not all people that like RP a lot or that want it to be their primary activity in dayz like 1st person, -far- from it, yet the hardcore rp server is meant to be a place for those kind of people, is it not?

If one of them has server settings I greatly prefer yet forces a 1st person perspective, then yes, I'd consider it forced. Many of my clanmates and friends would probably play on rp2 with more a more hardcore RP emphasis. Some of them feel the way I do about 1st person, some dont. Would hate to see a divide there when it isnt really neccecery.

Not all people that like RP a lot or that want it to be their primary activity in dayz like 1st person, -far- from it, yet the hardcore rp server is meant to be a place for those kind of people, is it not?

I understand your POV Tomeran but I think first person gives a amazing roleplaying experience by itself. I'm not against of fact of using 3rd person if the majority disagree but I hope we will at least give it a try. Don't tell me "We already tried it in the past, etc" as it's going to be way different... We should have a different set of players, a new "community" inside RP2 and maybe some new rules ?

Maybe i'm just dreaming, but it's because I see all the potential in RP2.