Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:51

Sign in to follow this  
zand

A Question about KOS -

zand    0

Hey Community, so my problem is I was in Cherno and I found some new friends! I was at the hospital and asked for a blood transfusion, I bandaged a guy because he was bleeding. After I saw some zombies I thought I take these out, but the problem was these guys didn't spoke to me.. nothing and I tried to say what their name is etc. After I took another zombie out this guy just shoot me.. And I remember this guys dind't spoke to me, they just shot me in my head.

Do you have a mic plugged in? If not, you can't hear other people speak. If you do, go make a report. Don't forget to use the proper form. Normally I would advise making a report discussion first, but if you are really sure they didn't say a word, then you should make a report.

However, it could be they killed you by accident, so I would try to make a repot discussion first. That way you can talk it out without people getting banned. Never jump to conclusions.

zand    0

Well, when I play on other servers they can hear me :/

Well, when I play on other servers they can hear me :/

Okay, than that's not the problem. It's your decision to either make a report or a report discussion. The difference is that in a report, only the once involed are allowed to post, and there will be punishment, and in a report discussion, everyone can give their opinion, and you have a chance to talk it out, see if it was a mistake.

This could be a mistake (maybe he wanted to shoot a zombie instead of you), but it doesn't sound like one. It's your decision. Make a report discussion and hope your killer will respond, or make a report and the logs will show who killed you, and he will get punished for it.

The "can't hear without a mic" issue only occurs with some versions of DayZ.

It happens on DayZRP and has been confirmed as a bug here.

The "can't hear without a mic" issue only occurs with some versions of DayZ.

It happens on DayZRP and has been confirmed as a bug here.

But he says THEY can hear HIM on other servers. That means he has got to have a mic.

Tomeran    3

Wether they could hear him or not, they should've used text-messages to bring forth any robbery demand if he was not responding to them.

This seems particurly relevant in this case because it seems Zand's actions didnt really encourage a hostile response (no, shooting zeds does not count unless they're half an inch behind you).

Not sure I quite buy the bug excuse. Seems far more likely to me this guy was the victim of a KoS.

Nonetheless, I'd really suggest you bring this to a report DISCUSSION. Give the perpetrators a chance to speak their piece and if it was just a misunderstanding then there'll be no need to take it to a full report.