Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:07

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Increasing certain rare items spawn

Tomeran    3

So yeah, we have a few items in dayzrp that are -really- rare, but arent OP, and thus dont really have a real reason for being rare.

Some of these items would be fun to have at a higher amount, so in short, I'd like to suggest the following items would have a vastly increased spawn rate:

- Sandbags.

Really, an essential fortification material that both looks good and works good. But it is not overpowered. In fact there is no real reason this item should be rare, IC or OOC.

This is probably the most important item I think that should be made more common, as it would allow for some very nice base building.

- RPG7 + ammo.

A rocketlauncher might sound OP, but it really isnt. Its effect against infantry isnt notably higher then a mounted grenade launcher, yet this is probably one of the rarest items in the game.

Its also an entertaining weapon to use in combat and could even pose a certain risk to Rolle's precious LAV. Maybe CLF wont be massacred next time.

- Satchel charges.

Again, a set of explosives might sound OP, but it really isnt. Its only proper use are for traps or for going kamikaze against slow-to-react bandits. Or maybe going demolition on a city.

In short, blowing stuff up is fun, and explosives shouldnt be that rare, at least not to the ridicilous extent it is today.

In contrast I can think of a ton of different items that I think we should have a lot less of, but one suggestion at a time I guess.

Lord Fusk    2

I agree with this, it should be a tiny bit more common. Ive heard about what. 3-4 rpgs since the wipe. probably a far larger number than that has been found. but still.

RPG's and their ammo are being increased in the next patch from what I can see in the patch notes :D

Sandbags I would agree with you also.

Satchel charges? No, I don't think there is any RP reason to base that increase. It is nice to see them being uncommon and being a cherry on the cake.

Skippy    4

I agree with the sandbags and the RPG's, but not satchel charges. I've seen/heard of three, and I have one of them. Those things have a huge blast radius and can just cause giant amounts of damage at a roadblock, so I'd like to see them stay as rare items.

I've seen roughly the same amount of satchel charges as Mk17 Snipers, and I want it to stay that way.

Lord Fusk    2

Satchel charges should be a bit more rare than a RPG yeah, i mean the AK and RPG are like the most spread out weapons. in the world ir atleast iconic.

I totally agree with the chaps above me!

Tomeran    3

I've personally never seen a satchel charge in game, definetly not in my inventory. I think I saw Trilby with one once on Taviana, but that was that.

I mean sure, explosives are powerful and im not suggesting they'll be as common as empty tin cans, but a bag of explosives doesnt have to be american made C4, it can just be some old dynamite or whatever can be scavenged. Hell it could even be IEDs.

Right now they seem way rarer then NVGs and GPS, and that doesnt seem quite right, not the ammo stockpiles some countries are bound to have.

Skippy    4

I wouldn't mind having some lower tier explosive/IEDs and what not, but satchel charges are fine as is. Satchel charges kill everything like 50m radius or so and bring down buildings, and that's just a little too much to be something found commonly. If there were other explosives with half or a quarter of the explosion/damage, I'd be up for those being more common, but satchel charges as they are now are just fine.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I think NVG/Rangefinders should have a tiny tweak, i have yet to only see Daniel with a pair of NVGs, and Tryffis with both of them.

Skippy    4

I've gotta agree with Wookie.

I have so far seen one rangefinder, and no NVG's. I -heard- of two rangefinders and at least three NVGs, so yeah I have to agree they probably need a little bit of a spawn increase. Nothing too major, but a little bit of a tweak would be good.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I think nvg's and rangefinders should be more rare. Use flashlight and learn to esrimate range with mildots.

Sandbags should be way more common.

RPG has no real use without HE rockets.

I agree that satchels should be more common, but kill radius should be decreased.

Lord Fusk    2

In legion we see like maybe one nvg OR rangefinder passing throug once every two weeks or so.

Dont think anyone has had em for ages now.

And we are quite a few to numbers and we cycle throug alot of gear. Both in barracks/crashes and other players

Osaka    15

sandbags should indeed be really common. It'll be great to have instant fortification, plus they look cool.

Skippy    4

I have no problem without rangefinders personally and they make little difference, however the pure scarcity of them is pretty high. However as for NVG's, with the amount of people that just turn up their gamma and brightness chem lights, flash lights, and flares are next to useless. The only time I ever use a flare is to counteract that someone else has NVGs.

Taking back what I said earlier, I'd see a slight increase in NVGs with no increase in rangefinders.

Comrade Deg    13

I think the stanag mags not the guns should spawn some where not a lot just a enough so it doesn't feel like I am wasting the ammo on zombies.

-KG-    0

NV scopes are pretty worthless without a pair of NVGs since it makes your game PITCH BLACK for 10 seconds after looking through the scope...if you hear a player or a zombie walking up on you youre screwed.

+ the NV scopes have less zoom than normal snipers so you need to be on medium distance.

Prospero    0

I personally think GPS should be far more common, personally I know the map backwards but in real-life we have one in every car here they are dime-a-dozen and are beneficial to those that need them and are not OP

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

GPS drop rate is perfect atm imo

Agree with this, they have a nice trading value, increasing the dropchance would cause inflation.

Tortov    0

I personally think GPS should be far more common, personally I know the map backwards but in real-life we have one in every car here they are dime-a-dozen and are beneficial to those that need them and are not OP

That kinda ruins the whole point of the map having detail, so many could just look at a GPS to work out where they are removing the element of navigation and make people think in coords rather than landmarks.

J. Hembree    0

I agree with Tomeran. RPG's are very common in the real world. Sandbags can be made by anybody with a burlap sack and a shovel.

Satchel charges should be rare but not ultra rare. I mean hell one of my people found one and they put it in a tent because they're so damn rare.

I think 25 and 40mm HE rounds should be more common. I've only found one 40mm HE since I started playing here. I have yet to find a 25. I've only seen one grenade as well. That seems unreal too.

How about some molotov's? That should be pretty easy with all the vodka that should be laying around. xD

How about some molotov's? That should be pretty easy with all the vodka that should be laying around. xD

All drunk. Sobriety has been forced on Chernarus for a long while...

ElDubya    0

I found 2 satchel charges within days of each other, (I used one to blow up a motorbike, the other was in my SUV that I spawncrashed into a pile of junk on the coast road) but have yet to land a pair of NVG's or rangefinders.

-KG-    0

Ive only had one pair of range finders (got them from Roach the fortunate), never NVGs since the wipe...think fusk had the only pair of NVGs to ever be in SDS and Legion together since the wipe, and we go through massive amounts of gear since we're bandits.

We can however be nice as well... we're not as bad as SDS :P

Mavasaur    0

I agree, NVG's are far too rare currently (afaik only 8 on the server) I'd honestly like to see that number doubled.