Server time: 2017-10-18, 04:04
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Prospero

CD key in use revenge

Prospero    0

Couldn't play as CD key was in use yesterday, fortunately he left his clan tag and I managed to track down the server, drop all of his stuff and leave him with broken legs in the woods. Also posted on their forum to ban him later on.

Happy with this result :D

Clintbet    0

What was the clan tag? ;) And in what country was the server running in?

Reacher    2

So someone managed to get your CD key, use it, and you found out where and did them in for it? Nice.

ElDubya    0

Funnily enough the clantag was [WOLF] !!

I've only been using this tag as of today mate, so wasn't me! :)

Prospero    0

I've only been using this tag as of today mate, so wasn't me! :)

I know, he was on a US server but I have your tag on my arm at the moment ;)

So someone managed to get your CD key, use it, and you found out where and did them in for it? Nice.

Yeah, cool eh! Doesn't usually go that way - Hacker 0 Prospero 1

Guest Governor   
Guest Governor

The question is how did he/she/it get your key? xD

Prospero    0

Yeah, that has me worried but as my PC is locked down, updated and with up-to-date Norton Internet Security I'm going to have to guess that it's randomly generated. I don't really want to have to go to Bohemia and get a new key as that'd mean quite a bit of hassle transferring characters.

Guest Governor   
Guest Governor

Yeah, that has me worried but as my PC is locked down, updated and with up-to-date Norton Internet Security I'm going to have to guess that it's randomly generated. I don't really want to have to go to Bohemia and get a new key as that'd mean quite a bit of hassle transferring characters.

Yeah, just a note; most of the stealer's are most likely undetected by even the most up-to-date AV xD

retox    0

I once read on reddit about tons of stealers which are "free hacks" from youtube ;) (NO accusation. just a fact. and the poster, a hacker, said he got 1000keys in the first week which made him 3000$ richer)

DunnZ    0

but don't I need to execute a program locally on my PC for my key to be stolen?

I think I've heard of some type of "fake" servers whereas you join them you can say goodbye to your CD-key.

Mavasaur    0

Ask the server admins on the server you found him on for his IP, and then give me the IP. We'll make sure this guy doesn't get on our server.

Prospero    0

Damnit had a private server running earlier, so he would get CD Key in Use but for some reason it didn't work and he's logged on using my key. No DayZ for me tonight :(

Ruffboi    0

I have an extra ArmA CD key for you.. but I guess it'd take as long to post a whitelist application for it :P

Guest Elc0m   
Guest Elc0m

Friend told me about some kind of bypass'es that hacker can see everyone in the server cd keys maybe you was in some public server last few days?

Btw. how did you found server that he was playing on? :D

Guest Governor   
Guest Governor

Elc0m, the only thing the server will ever see in the GUID, this is randomly generated by ArmA on the initial use (via the CD key). It is impossible to get a CD key through a server. You need access to one's Registry in order to locate the data required (Hex-Key).

Prospero    0

Well I'm super careful about not downloading anything and have NEVER used any form of hack, I'm here for the realism which is why I'm so concerned about how this happened. I was playing on public servers a few months ago before I found DayZRP but haven't played since.

Elc0m, the only thing the server will ever see in the GUID, this is randomly generated by ArmA on the initial use (via the CD key). It is impossible to get a CD key through a server. You need access to one's Registry in order to locate the data required (Hex-Key).

It is feasibly possible to break the cipher and reverse the hash if it wasn't particularly strong and seeing how much money there is in stolen keys it wouldn't surprise me if someone put the time in to break it!

I have an extra ArmA CD key for you.. but I guess it'd take as long to post a whitelist application for it :P

Thanks for the offer Ruffboi, very generous indeed but I can go through the process with Bohemia but would lose all characters on the servers I play on which would be a pain in the ass but cheers anyway :)