Server time: 2017-08-23, 04:27

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alpha

Where can I find US weaponry?

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Hello,

So this is something I have been curious about the past few days. I've been looting places like NWAF and Stary Sobor non stop the last few days and I have as of yet been unable to find any US military grade weapons whatsoever. No DMRs, M4s, M24s, AS50s, M249s, nothing. Only a M9 and a M16 but other than that they don't seem to spawn. All I find is these shitty AKs!

Why is there so many AKs? Ok, I understand this is the republic of Czech and they had no US weaponry but I mean come on, there's AKs everywhere, it's all that spawns at military spawns nowadays. Why not add some US spawns too?

ElDubya    0

If they ain't on fire, chances are they have already been looted. You gotta be quick! :)

Rolle    2462

[...]

Why is there so many AKs? Ok, I understand this is the republic of Czech and they had no US weaponry [...]

You pretty much answered your own question there.

Goz    2

Loottables were balanced on purpose to recreate what items could be found in selected area. As action takes place in Chernarus - only source of NATO weapons are some military tents (used by western armed forces in attempt to regroup/fight infection) and helicopter crash sites.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Also why is there no military spawns at those osprey wrecks you sometimes see spawning? I reckon ospreys would have US weaponry aboard as well, don't you think? Since they're military vehicles

You can get low level US weaponry from military tents such as those in Cherno and at Stary, but the high-end stuff is at chopper crashes.

Goz    2

Go after the Americans! They tend to have American gear on them :3

+1

Tortov    0

The German/British & Belgian made weapons spawn at crash-sites too :)

Skippy    4

There are actually a bunch of weapons that should spawn with barracks, that don't. Such as G36/FN FAL. Just based upon the many different countries that use these weapons, it wouldn't be too unlikely to find one in a barracks. I understand them not being there for balance reasons of course, but purely based upon realism the variation would likely be much greater than what we have now.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

There are actually a bunch of weapons that should spawn with barracks, that don't. Such as G36/FN FAL. Just based upon the many different countries that use these weapons, it wouldn't be too unlikely to find one in a barracks. I understand them not being there for balance reasons of course, but purely based upon realism the variation would likely be much greater than what we have now.

Yeah I know for one that the FN FAL is also being used by the russian militia (I believe some certain officers carry them) and the G36 is also commonly used in the german army