-KG-

Primaries remove backpacks

What do you think?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sounds nice!
    • Sounds gay!

-KG-    0

I got an idea, just thinking, what if ALL primary guns except the Submachine-guns removed your backpack?

You can still carry 2 primary guns and switch between a sniper and assault rifle, or LMG and assault rifle, but you dont have a backpack.

So basically we would remove the weapon slots from the backpacks and if you want 2 guns, you would need to drop your pack and sling one of the weapons on your back instead.

You would ofc still be able to use a backpack if you chose not to have 2 primary guns.

Thoughts on this?

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

No...

Goz    2

I think this would be an overkill and would take all the fun from lone/small group guys. Without ability to storage supplies and have an assault rifle to defend themselves game will become a pain not a fun.

I think it's good as it is, high power weapons are a burden and only groups can afford having dedicated marksmen/machinegunners.

Tortov    0

Yes...

It would be nice if SMGs and shotguns were actually used.

But I think it will be regarded as overkill.

Daniel    2

I dont get the difference if you still can carry a second primary in the backpack :o

I dont get the difference if you still can carry a second primary in the backpack :o

The difference is you loose the extra storage space leftover in your pack.

My question: why?

Wunsleh    10

I got an idea, just thinking, what if ALL primary guns except the Submachine-guns removed your backpack?

You can still carry 2 primary guns and switch between a sniper and assault rifle, or LMG and assault rifle, but you dont have a backpack.

So basically we would remove the weapon slots from the backpacks and if you want 2 guns, you would need to drop your pack and sling one of the weapons on your back instead.

You would ofc still be able to use a backpack if you chose not to have 2 primary guns.

Thoughts on this?

`

Only reason you want this is so that you dont have to hassle to grab a weapon out of the bag when your sniping and someone comes awfully close to you:P

Comrade Deg    13

I agree it is a hassle to get your gun out in a hurry is a hassle but i think there is a better way around it.

Reacher    0

You should be able to equip a secondary primary sized weapon, anyway. I think the explosive weapon slot should be adapted for this purpose.

Sky    1

Ideally, you would have two primaries equipped as well as a backpack. You'd switch to your other primary just as you switch to your secondary, and not have to go through the whole menu thing.

Maybe to balance this, 8-10 slots could be removed from backpacks to equal it out.

Caesar    438

Not at all realistic or fun.

This suggestion fails for both realism and gameplay in my mind.

-KG-    0

Well even though i carried a machine gun i would still be able to have a pack with food, but no not in this game...

At least make it so that machine gunners and KSVK users can have the vest pouch!

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Well even though i carried a machine gun i would still be able to have a pack with food, but no not in this game...

At least make it so that machine gunners and KSVK users can have the vest pouch!

Agree!

Why should it be like it currently is? If you use a machinegun, you are forced to skip either; Medical supplies or Food/drinks, because the belts for machineguns already take up double the space.

Let's say you have 3 belts for you weapon, that leaves you with only 6 item slots.

Carry less belts then or have a medic with you to carry the supplies? It is nice to see some forms of specialization. I don't agree with classes but I like the fact that the role a person plays can affect what they can carry. We need to avoid the situation where someone can carry a huge weapon and then a heavy pack with another weapon inside.

If anything I would agree with the Vest pouch or Patrol pack as these would be lightweight satchels for carrying food or supplies. My reasoning is that if you use those guns then you shouldn't have a second primary (Unless it is light like an SMG or a light rifle) or a heavy pack. An 8 slot pack would suffice for food and basic medication I guess.

I like the idea of having a smaller primary in your backpack slot though. E.g. an SMG or a light rifle.

-KG-    0

I normally go with 1 or 2 belts, big gun with 8k damage doesnt need 3 mags imo :P but still it doesnt leave much room for the rest of your inventory, 2 belts, 1 painkiller, 1 morphine and you already lost half your slots, a couple of drinks and food on top of that and youre full...id like to have the food in a pouch so that i can still pick up something if i find something i like :) (without having to drop food or something)

Infinity    0

Agree!

Why should it be like it currently is? If you use a machinegun, you are forced to skip either; Medical supplies or Food/drinks, because the belts for machineguns already take up double the space.

Let's say you have 3 belts for you weapon, that leaves you with only 6 item slots.

3 Belts 1food can 1soda can 1 morphine 1painkillers 1bloodbag. Solved thats how i use it and yes agree with Vest Pouch

Von Braun    0

Carry less belts then or have a medic with you to carry the supplies? It is nice to see some forms of specialization. I don't agree with classes but I like the fact that the role a person plays can affect what they can carry. We need to avoid the situation where someone can carry a huge weapon and then a heavy pack with another weapon inside.

If anything I would agree with the Vest pouch or Patrol pack as these would be lightweight satchels for carrying food or supplies. My reasoning is that if you use those guns then you shouldn't have a second primary (Unless it is light like an SMG or a light rifle) or a heavy pack. An 8 slot pack would suffice for food and basic medication I guess.

I like the idea of having a smaller primary in your backpack slot though. E.g. an SMG or a light rifle.

I beg to differ sir.

heavy-load.jpg

It's actually possible to carry that much, as of course if you are stronge enough to hold such weight.

Ruffboi    0

Besides, it's not because you won't "learn" how to carry much.

I mean, it's the zombie apocalypse. Of course you're going to scavenge as much food and defense as you can. And you could easily run around with an assault rifle, and still carry one in your backpack with several cans and bottles of food and water.

Else you're just a limbpusseh, and has probably already been eaten by zombies.