Server time (UTC): 2019-12-16, 14:14 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
jamescameron

Jamescameron - Ban appeal (Multiple accounts)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

38b078d357.png

Why the verdict is not fair:

So recently I have done a clean install of Windows, which went perfectly, I reinstalled games, etc with no issue. I use google chrome and being the idiot I am I have (and probably will continue to) relied on the chrome AutoFill function for my usernames and passwords. I obviously did not think of creating a backup of these prior to re-installing Windows. 

Now, of course I had forgotten both my password for both the forums here and my e-mail (amonst other stuff, but that is obviously irrelevant). I tried retrieving my forum password here, but I obviously need to log in on my e-mail do to such. If anyone of you are familiar with Live mail it is an absolute PAIN IN THE ASS to retrieve your password and it takes you through all sorts of confirmations, most of which I couldn't remember at the time.

I have obviously still been able to play, and so I played along, but not having access to the forums is in fact a big deal, since I cannot keep up with any news and/or most importantly potential reports I had to react to.

My reaction was then to create a new forum account, believing "Oh, I can just use this until Live gives me back my password", which then proved false-..

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

Off-topic: 

You are unable to read PM's when your account is banned, so I cannot read the PM I have recieved regarding my ban. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I would like to see my account unbanned so I can continue to play DayZRP. The "new" account can be deleted since I now have access to my original one.

What could you have done better?:

I could have made sure to backup everything before formatting.

If you forgot everything to log in how did you log onto the other account today? Also, you logged into the old account after the new one was made. Please explain this.

50f49f5d93.png

If you forgot everything to log in how did you log onto the other account today? Also, you logged into the old account after the new one was made. Please explain this.

50f49f5d93.png

Well I obviously retrieved the info for "jamescameron" and I didn't forget the information for "onetwomany" since it was recently made-..

jamescameron = Account for which I forgot the info, but have since retirved that

onetwomany = new account which I made to keep up on the forums

So let's get this straight.

You make a ban appeal originally saying that you forgot all the details for your e-mail and passwords. Then after once Whiskey pointed out that you were on the account you forgot, you now state that you remember the passwords.

Why didn't you tell us this information beforehand?¿

So let's get this straight.

You make a ban appeal originally saying that you forgot all the details for your e-mail and passwords. Then after once Whiskey pointed out that you were on the account you forgot, you now state that you remember the passwords.

Why didn't you tell us this information beforehand?¿

Woah-. no no, I don't think you understand what I'm saying then.

I'm saying I forgot them and that is the reason why I made the new account, since I didn't know how long it would take to get my e-mail pass back. It didn't take very long, so now I obviously know the information for both accounts.

I know it was a bad idea to make another account, I see that now, but I don't think I should get banned as I have now explained that it wasn't for a malicious purpose..

Hello jamescameron,

After discussing within the staff team, we have decided that your second acount was not created with any malicious intents.

You did not attempt to whitelist with the new account.

We are going to unban you now and the account you created: 'onetwomany' will be deleted.

Appeal Accepted. Account Unbanned.