Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Constantly reoccuring connection issues

Question

Tomeran    3

So ever since this Friday I've been having reoccuring connection issues to dayzrp. From what I've been able to tell through IRC chat, I seem to be the only one that gets this at many times. The servers are working fine and everyone else keeps having a nice playing experience when I am suddenly loosing contact with everything dayzrp related.

So yeah, a few facts to describe the problem in a simple way:

1: The disconnections do not coincide with DDOS attacks, the servers are up and running for everyone else when I get these issues.

2: The issues are ONLY related to dayzrp, everything else internet-wise works. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection and I do not have a router to block dayzrp.

3: It is not only the servers I cannot connect to, but in fact the teamspeak servers and the website as well. The second I loose connection to one of them I loose connection to all of them. The ONLY related dayzRP resource I can connect to without problem is IRC.

4: The disconnections are increasing in both frequency and duration since Friday evening. It happened twice in Friday evening for maybe a minute each time, this Saturday it has happened maybe 8 times with an average of 5 minutes each. One time lasted for roughly 50 minutes before connection was restored.

At the time im writing this, Saturday evening, I seem unable to get more then a few minutes of playtime at a time before I get another disconnect, so the problem has grown quite severe.

I am at a loss for what the problem can be, and I know Rolle is aware of the issue, but still, if anyone has any idea of what the heck is going on, I'd much appreciate a solution.

11 answers to this question

Tomeran    3

+1... I'm having the same issues... made it really unplayable.

You've been having the exact same issues this Friday and Saturday as well?

Perhaps this is a bigger issue for more people then I first thought then. Gonna sound a bit wrong, but that helps calm me down a bit, I thought it was a problem at my end.

Sidewinder    1

Happened to me... Joined the server fine next thing website crashed and my game forcing me out the car. Really been bugging me as it has ruined my game play.

Tomeran    3

Update: Got kicked again late saturday, but this time I managed to get 20 minutes of playtime before I was kicked.

Took roughly 10 minutes to reconnect.

Still, it seems unlikely at this rate that this is just a problem that will go away, so it needs a fix somehow.

It is also a rather gamebreaker for me, as it seems I cannot connect to dayzrp for more then 5-20 minutes before I loose connection.

Will update during Sunday if problem persists.

Tomeran    3

Did you try doing a trace to dayzrp?

Right, im assuming you mean the traceroute, or tracert, command in the cmd.exe?

I've not yet tried to do that when I've had connection issues.

I did it once now now that you asked me(now that I obviously do have the connection working), but I have no idea what to make of the information that pops up. Im a bit of a noob to all of this.

Rolle    2969

I checked Tomeran's IP - it wasn't blocked in the firewall. The only reason why you would be blocked now and then is if you were running a TOR exit node, which I assume you don't.

Tomeran    3

uh, nope. Fairly sure im not running one of those.

On the upside of things I played a couple of hours today and did not get disconnected.

Nikolai B.    0

I have the exact problems Tomeran is describing.

I know a couple others that also have the same problems.

This started at the time of the connection upgrade.

At first, due to geographic similarity of the "victims" I thought it might have been a local phenomena, but now i see it is quite global.

Blizzard    0

Ive been having a problem just as strange, I ussaly get around 200 ms, then we had the upgrade and I had 90ms (best ive had so far) for about 2 days after the server went down for the upgrade. now my ping skyrockets up to 500-700ms randomly as i play.

it has lead me to some annoying playtimes as of late.

Rolle    2969

I don't know if that will help but I will have to re-do some of the networking for the servers again (most likely tomorrow), so that each game server has a direct connection to the Internet and its own public IP.