Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:07

Sign in to follow this  
Guest PropOfMeg

Farming and houses?

Guest PropOfMeg   
Guest PropOfMeg

Farming would be pretty good as we can then grow our own food, maybe its ready every 2 days or something, and houses because tents are boring xD

Maybe some houses from like origins, thats pretty gun and can add a few twists, but there has to be some obvious limits like spamming in town etc. That wont be aloud

Great idea. Not feasible to add in to our mod.

Google a game called State of Decay. It's out in June and will sate that urge to create a community surviving during a zombie apocalypse.

Blizzard    0

maybe homes as a final thing but before that there is tents and alot of other camp related things you could build, Im still trying to track down the class I.D. of the wood board fences you occasionally see in fields (not the ones you can crawl under). cause those would be nice as a realistic build able fence for a camp ,base, or home.

I'm still waiting for a modder to release a post apocalypse pack for arma 2.

Guest Zwerghoden   
Guest Zwerghoden

The idea with houses sounds good, maybe like in Dayz Origins?

Ego    1

I love being able to build my own proper shelter, although with such a massive amount of people constantly been on the server there would literally be a survivor city! :P

-KG-    0

There is a game called farmville on facebook.

Rolle    2444

I love small additions like that, sandbox games FTW! Unfortunately ArmA2 isn't that great for adding minigames or features of this sort.

Crops, buildings and fields and their status, owner etc would have to be saved to the database which means restructuring tables, editing server and client DayZ code. Overall, A LOT of work for a simple feature. I don't think that's gonna happen.

Guest johlee1966   
Guest johlee1966

Hallo

I find houses or even whole settlements grat,because it's good for the community.I have seen this in Origins,and I saw how much fun this can make.It can also develop into more,Trade, barter, Shops.Of course also will certainly fought.I would be happy if there were something like this.

Greeting Johlee

Livs    0

Google a game called State of Decay. It's out in June and will sate that urge to create a community surviving during a zombie apocalypse.

Oh wauw. That game looks really fun! Even though it kinda looks like WarZ.. *crosses fingers hoping that it wont end up like WarZ*

Tomeran    3

Oh wauw. That game looks really fun! Even though it kinda looks like WarZ.. *crosses fingers hoping that it wont end up like WarZ*

Now now lets not insult the poor game by comparing it to the worst video game excrement the industry, or at least the genre, has seen the past decade. :P

Unlike WarZ, SoD seems to have a ready amount of material ready that has already impressed many critics and testers. Not to mention the fact that this is very different from WarZ. Singleplayer only might actually be in favor of the game's quality, and will hopefully attract a lot of people.

Im sort of hoping for a Sims meet DayZ bland, which is what its looking like so far.

Cant wait until it is released for PC.

Rebomonkey    0

I'm sure all of these good things will happen soon enough. For now though, we play the waiting game.

Sign in to follow this