Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:51

Sign in to follow this  
Spotter

FOV Editing Guide

Goz    2

If I remember correctly, changing your FOV is messing up the range finding on sniper rifles (both milidots and eastern triangles). I stick to default, makes targets in front of me of a 'natural' size.

If I remember correctly changing your FOV is messing up the range finding on sniper rifles (both milidots and eastern triangles). I stick to default, makes targets in front of me of a 'natural' size.

Yep. It buggers up both PSO and Mildots. I'd still highly recommend do it though if you aren't planning on sniping or using PSO weapons.

Sky    1

I followed a similar guide about a week ago. I wasn't aware it messes with scopes and such though :( Oh well.

Pavel    0

ive never actually been in possesion of a sniper rifle on this server..

so thanks spotter, ill get on it.

Spotter    0

Yeah. I usually designate someone else as a sniper, because I like to be in front managing the situation myself. So all it does is give me more awareness when I'm using CCOs and Kobra sights.

But confirmed, the ranging on scopes is buggered when you change your FOV because objects far away appear to get smaller, because more is being brought into the screen. You can see this in the guide on the example GIF of different fields of vision.

Mavasaur    0

I know Frankie said in one of his videos that there was a way to correct the scope's after changing your FoV. I'll have to look into it.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

If you want more FOV, but to use normal scope, double-tap keypad - to see widely (makes you run "faster" aswell).

Tortov    0

For some reason my double tap does not toggle anymore :(

It doesn't. It used to.

-KG-    0

For some reason my double tap does not toggle anymore :(

It doesn't. It used to.

Works with some guns, not all :)

Sin    113

If you have an ACOG or sniper scope, it doesn't toggle. If you've got dual sights, select iron sights and you'll be able to toggle.

Sign in to follow this