Server time: 2017-08-24, 01:22

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callaghan

Stuck at Requesting Character Data screen

Question

Guest Callaghan   
Guest Callaghan

Hi Guys

I seem to be having some trouble, as the title suggests. I cant seem to get past the requesting character data point. I get accepted into the lobby and get up to the gender selection screen, then it just freezes, even the counter does not count, it usually gets stuck on 2 or 3

I asked in IRC chat it was common to have to wait at this point. I've left it for almost an hour, adn attempted a number of times now. Has anyone else had this problem? maybe you could shed some light?

Thanks in advance

Cal :)

Edit: I have double checked my Player ID and GUI, they are both correct

5 answers to this question

Sky    1

It sounds like the game is actually just locking up. I'll give you a few things to check try, let me know the results.

Firstly, do you have the most recent beta patch and have you properly installed the DayZRP mod?

Also, which method do you use to launch Arma 2/connect to DayzRP (Samuel's launcher, DayZ Commander, etc)

And check if you are able to get on to any regular DayZ server, and if you get the same problem.

Guest Callaghan   
Guest Callaghan

Hi Sky, thanks for the reply.

I do have the most recent Arma patch, i am using Samuel's launcher to connect and i seem to be able to join regular DayZ servers just fine.

To double check i reinstalled the DayZRP mod deleting the previous version completely before placing it in my Arma2OA folder.

Still get the same problem.

Thanks

Cal

Sky    1

Hmm, that's quite odd. Have you noticed any errors when you're joining? Either in the form of popup boxes or just text down the bottom left?

I'd also suggest trying to join via other methods. Try to launch Arma2OA through stream or DayZRP commander and see if you get the same result.

Guest Callaghan   
Guest Callaghan

Thanks again for the quick reply.

I don't get any error messages, text or pop up boxes, and i have tried launching now from DayZComander, steam and Samuel's launcher. All work fine up until i select gender, then get stuck at Requesting character data.

Edit: Ok, so I seem to have solved my problem. I deleted my player profile and created a new on on the off chance that it may work! Looks like it did the trick for me, i managed to join the server first attempt :D

Thanks for your help Sky. see you in game i hope :)

Sky    1

Haha, very strange indeed. Glad its working for you!