Server time: 2017-10-20, 23:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Prospero

Taviana is always night

Prospero    0

I've been playing for a while now and had a marathon session yesterday and am loving the role-playing opportunities on Taviana rather than just surviving robberies but through two resets (so three sessions) it was almost exclusively night with one period of about an hour and a half when it was late afternoon.

Also it is soo dark that everyone logs off even with gamma up (which I don't like to do) you still can't see a thing :(

Please could we have a day/night cycle as I want to play more? :)

Ruffboi    0

Please do this.

Taviana is so big and beautiful, so it's a shame that it has to be nighttime constantly.

EDIT: Even though Taviana might be switched soon.. but still.

Rolle    2956

Changed the hours this morning, should be better. Have you checked the ingame time with a clock maybe, what time ingame was it after server restarted?

Prospero    0

That's fantastic, and even before I asked!!

It's currently 03:08 in game (server time 11:38) so still dark but if its going to get lighter before the next restart that's fine by me.

Also are the server restart times in sync, I'll pay more attention today but I suspect they are different to RP1

Cheers, Rolle :)

Livs    0

I just tested it. It was 4:30 am (Night) before the restart, now it's 12:00 ingame. (Daytime)

Astraal    3

Yeah night time can be a b*ch, especially when your hunted by zeds and cant see where your running.

Sin    127

If you're being hunted by zeds at night, just keep running. They'll lose the scent soon enough.

Prospero    0

I suspect that the Day/Night cycle is the wrong way around still as this morning it was night, after reboot it was late afternoon and got dark again and after this reboot its night again :(

Prospero    0

Been playing quite a bit today and its definately night most of the time, can someone have a look please?

The night cycle on RP2 is definitely screwy, likely because the dusk/dawn times on Taviana are a bit odd.

The big thing I've noticed is that RP2 doesn't use full-moon nights. Nights often start off with a full moon, but halfway through the night cycle they shift to pitch black.

Prospero    0

I think this is partly why so few people are playing on here, when its pitch black (which is quite often) there is hardly anyone on at all!

Yeah, I noticed twilight seems a lot darker on RP2 and a lot longer. And the comment on darkness at night is true too, the moon comes up, then meh, who needs the moon? It's really difficult to play when you can either SEE something or shoot it.