Server time: 2017-10-24, 04:15
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Can opening Tool

Daniel    2

That Would be so cool And is going to be inplemented in standalone as well !!

And Radios please!!

Make Food And Drinks more rare And Add THe Cars from dayz 2017

Please : D

Most cans have pull openers built into the can.

Not really. A number of them do have it but a lot still require an opener.

e.g. pork-and-beans.jpg

To that end I don't see the point in an opener. They would have to have different items for different brands.

Also, if in a pinch you could use your hunting knife.

Daniel    2

Well it was just a Suggestion which Would in my POV Make Sense And improve rp.

I'm not sure how it would improve RP. Generally speaking, RP is improved through some form of realism. As others have pointed out, you can open cans with a knife, or even a random piece of sharp metal, and many cans produced in the past 15 years or so have pull tabs.

It's not necessarily that can openers are a bad idea, just that it seems like clutter that would complicate things. It would really suck to die of starvation because you didn't have a can opener, but had a perfectly usable knife or hatchet on your belt.

I'm not sure how it would improve RP. Generally speaking, RP is improved through some form of realism. As others have pointed out, you can open cans with a knife, or even a random piece of sharp metal, and many cans produced in the past 15 years or so have pull tabs.

It's not necessarily that can openers are a bad idea, just that it seems like clutter that would complicate things. It would really suck to die of starvation because you didn't have a can opener, but had a perfectly usable knife or hatchet on your belt.

This

In the same vein why can you die of thirst while swimming in a pond.

Reacher    2

There's a few neat additions coming in stand alone. We just have to be patient.

This

In the same vein why can you die of thirst while swimming in a pond.

I agree. They definitely need a "drink water" option on the scroll wheel when standing in fresh water.

Tortov    0

Personally, I can open cans with my hands.

Then again, ievenlift.

Oven gloves for taking meat off the fire?

Aye there are a number of things they need to add but in reality none of them are game breaking.

Anything that encourages immersion is a good thing but it may be worth focusing on priorities.

Certainly though making food & drink rarer is a plus for me, +1!

Tortov    0

IMO such objects are pointless. The game is only as immersive as what you're actually doing. Having to find a tin opener, click on it, then click on a can of food adds 0 immersion, just an extra object to confuse newbs and further steepen the learning curve.

+100000000000

We should fight for the food, not only fight for guns and equipments.

It should be so rare that people starve to death, need to rob/kill for the last can of beans !

+100000000000

We should fight for the food, not only fight for guns and equipments.

It should be so rare that people starve to death, need to rob/kill for the last can of beans !

I don't necessarily agree with something that extreme. Removing the animals from TP would force players to go hunting for food. However, first they shouldn't require players to eat and drink every 20 minutes like they do. I should be able to drink some water, eat a meal, and then head down to the airfield or the city and come back, a 30-40 minute trip at the most, without nearly dying of thirst by the time I get back.

I don't necessarily agree with something that extreme. Removing the animals from TP would force players to go hunting for food. However, first they shouldn't require players to eat and drink every 20 minutes like they do. I should be able to drink some water, eat a meal, and then head down to the airfield or the city and come back, a 30-40 minute trip at the most, without nearly dying of thirst by the time I get back.

Perhaps to counter this and to keep the realism, we could increase the timer food/thirst and reduce the number of item spawn (beans and drinks).

We do not need to eat so often, but find food should be more difficult because in real life, there are no "spawns" in the supermarkets.

Perhaps to counter this and to keep the realism, we could increase the timer food/thirst and reduce the number of item spawn (beans and drinks).

We do not need to eat so often, but find food should be more difficult because in real life, there are no "spawns" in the supermarkets.

Fair enough, but the whole point of "spawning" ammo, guns, and food is that the game has no built-in ability to create. Guns "despawn" with corpses, you can't reload ammo, and you can't build farms to grow food, which would happen in a scenario like this game. Likewise, bandits would be more rare because being killed trying to rob someone is a deterrent for most, unlike this game where you just respawn if your robbery fails.

Fair enough, but the whole point of "spawning" ammo, guns, and food is that the game has no built-in ability to create. Guns "despawn" with corpses, you can't reload ammo, and you can't build farms to grow food, which would happen in a scenario like this game. Likewise, bandits would be more rare because being killed trying to rob someone is a deterrent for most, unlike this game where you just respawn if your robbery fails.

Well, we need to deal with what we have.

Since I don't see how we can make all of this more realistic, I think increasing the hunger/thirst timer is the easiest way to make this more realistic.

But if we increase it, we need to simply reduce beans and drinks spawn.

I hate the fact that you simply needs to go in the supermarkers and that you know there is going to be plenty of food there.

ElDubya    0

because in real life, there are no "spawns" in the supermarkets.

Not true! I have been shopping and noticed an empty space on the shelf where a certain food should be but there is none left. I come back the next day and more has spawned in overnight! :)

Daniel    2

because in real life, there are no "spawns" in the supermarkets.

Not true! I have been shopping and noticed an empty space on the shelf where a certain food should be but there is none left. I come back the next day and more has spawned in overnight! :)

+1