Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:17

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Friez

Starting the search

Guest Friez   
Guest Friez

I lost him, I BLOODY lost him!

We just managed fine together, me and my little brother. We survived the big chaos after the spreading started. We stayed hidden, stayed away from the streets, stayed away from the people and stayed the hell away of those freaking zombies.

We have seen it coming, and knew how to survive. Our dad was a damn bastard but a good captain in the army. I don’t want to talk about my history, or about my past with my dad…the only thing I can say: his hard lessons made us survive. My little brother is a fine shooter, maybe even better than me…and dad left us some guns and ammo. We barricaded ourselves for 2 months, but we started to run out of food. We had to move, we had to get ourselves something to eat.

We moved around, stayed away from the cities, crowded places with people in the past meant crowded places with flesh-eating-monsters now. We encountered several of them, avoided the most and killed some of them. I prefer an axe or a bow, silent kills and not wasting ammo…my brother loves his revolver…he really loves the damn thing.

After 3 days, no sleep, got killed almost 4 times, hungry, and no place to go…I remembered, how could not have thought about that one earlier? Our dad had a boat, a good old fashion sailboat! We made the plan to go north, it was the best possible way to stay alive…go away of crowded places. The Netherlands had 17 million people, and it is a really small land…it means a lot of zombies in a small environment.

At day 5 we finally managed to reach the harbour and it took us another day to get the boat ready. Finding tools and fuel in a wasted land, it is not easy. We needed the engine running to get the boat on the open, sailing in a harbour…it isn’t possible land boy…that is what dad always shouted.

Up north we went, a few supplies, gathered along the way when we left home…maybe enough for some weeks, maybe a month. Norway, Sweden…maybe even Russia?

3 weeks went past, and my brother and me…sailing is in our blood…but navigation…oh god…we had no idea. But we had no worries at that moment, we talked, we talked a lot together. It was nice having my brother around, I love the bloody kid. We talked about our past, we talked about the future, or there could be a future. One thing was sure, we would stick together until the end.

And then, at one night we encountered for the first time in 3 months other living humans, not murdering zombies but…bloody bloody humans. I thought zombies where the worst part…but the humans are even worse. They started shouting in some foreign language I did not understand, waving a gun. I did not hesitated one moment and jumped on the first guy that put a food on our boat. The next thing that happened was me fighting with 2 others guys, I knocked out and now I’m waking up at an beach I don’t know, of a land I don’t know.

The boat is gone! I’m alone…I lost my little brother! I BLOODY lost my brother!

Hey there, Friez! Loved the story, and looking forward to hopefully seeing more.

Would like to note inparticularly your great development of the brothers' relationship, only then letting it be torn apart. Great story!

P.S. Just read your Hello/Goodbye post, and am looking forward to meeting you ingame!

Sign in to follow this