Server time: 2017-08-21, 12:17

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

KOS rights clarification (Roadblocks)

Lately, I've seen a few groups claim KOS rights on people that run their roadblocks, and it led me to wondering...

The rules on KOS rights basically imply that if you initiate hostility against someone and they refuse to comply, you get KOS rights. However, it's also generally accepted that they also have KOS rights on you since you did initiate hostility on them. That leads me to several questions:

1. If running someone's roadblock gives them KOS rights on me, then that roadblock, regardless of its intent, counts as a hostile action.

2. Since that roadblock counts as a hostile action, that logically means that I now have KOS rights on them, too.

So the questions I have are these:

1. If someone sets up a roadblock and I run it, and they chase me, do I have the right to fire on them in self-defense?

2. Even if they chase me to the TP?

3. Am I permitted to set up an ambush up the road while they're chasing me and fire on them?

This is the reason I dislike "KOS rights", because of how murky they can get.

Archer    0

Lately, I've seen a few groups claim KOS rights on people that run their roadblocks, and it led me to wondering...

The rules on KOS rights basically imply that if you initiate hostility against someone and they refuse to comply, you get KOS rights. However, it's also generally accepted that they also have KOS rights on you since you did initiate hostility on them. That leads me to several questions:

1. If running someone's roadblock gives them KOS rights on me, then that roadblock, regardless of its intent, counts as a hostile action.

2. Since that roadblock counts as a hostile action, that logically means that I now have KOS rights on them, too.

Since, Jukki already answered the three questions so well, I'll focus on this bit.

1. I don't believe that running a roadblock should allow KoS rights, stupid really. If you want to talk to them that badly, chase them and initiate.

2. Depends, and I'll explain why.

So, I attempted typing up an argument, twice... And I realized, each time I contradicted myself, therefore:

I can honestly say, that there is no way to set KoS/hostility bounds/rules, on a roadblock... It can only be decided, during the situation, based off the context, and the driver/roadblockers' decisions.

Just another one of those gray areas, with distinct blacks and whites, on the edges.

Astraal    3

I have a question regarding the roadblocks and KOS. Lets say im running on the road and finds a tanktrap in the middle of the road, do the people that put it there have KOS rights on me if they sees me remove it?

Archer    0

I have a question regarding the roadblocks and KOS. Lets say im running on the road and finds a tanktrap in the middle of the road, do the people that put it there have KOS rights on me if they sees me remove it?

If they were manning the roadblock and you removed it, most likely.

But if they left and came back, I would think not, because after you leave something for ten minutes, it is no longer your property, I would think tank traps are included.

1. If someone sets up a roadblock and I run it, and they chase me, do I have the right to fire on them in self-defense?

If they are chasing you, it's a hostile action. You may surrender or fight back. It's your choice.

2. Even if they chase me to the TP?

They can kill you in TP. If you escape a roadblock or a robbery, never try to flee and hide at TP. It's the worst place.

3. Am I permitted to set up an ambush up the road while they're chasing me and fire on them?

Yes, if you indentify your target, make sure they are really chasing you and that they initiated at the roadblock.

Not all the roadblock are hostile, you cannot KOS a roadblock on sight because you think they are dangerous.

Of course, if you see them in action, it's a other story.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Removing someone else roadblock is hostile toward them, make sure there is nobody around.

Personally, I think most of the people will initiate on you.

But remember, it's hostile.

J. Hembree    0

Or you could be like me and get an off road vehicle and stay off the road. It's kind of hard to roadblock and entire field or Forrest. :)

This may just be my opinion, but I think KoS should be a rarely-commited crime.

True, it is an apocalypse, and all law/order has gone done the drain. But, what I don't get is this:

-A team of perfectly-geared bandits set up a roadblock: they all have snipers, gillie suits, huge amounts of suplies, and a few vehicles. However, they claim they can /kill/ - yes, end the life of - an unarmed survivor if he does not drop, say, his two cans of soda, or his flaslight, or his backpack. To me, this just seems like a petty excuse for deathmatching.

This is similar to the first time I was robbed on the server. I was unarmed, running down the coast with Cherno in mind, and I was asked to stop by a man with an AK and a British Assault Pack. He told me that he would KILL ME if I didn't drop my empty cyote backpack. As stupid as this sounded, I went along with it as I had been running for all of about half an hour. (FYI, bandito, I got a much better backpack about 10 minutes later. So, had you had some patience, you may have actually robbed something useful :) )

Can anyone answer this for me?

Nikolai B.    0

Roadblocks are not hostile actions.

Some people do roadblocks just for encounters and RP.

Some roadblocks are just meant to slow you down so communication can take place.

Roadblocks are not hostile actions. It's how they use the roadblock that defines hostility. For example:

*Roadblock set up and vehicle pulls up*

Soldier (over voice or text chat): Excuse me, please stop the vehicle there and turn off the ignition. We would like to speak with you.

-Not hostile-

Soldier (over voice or text chat): Stop the f*cking car! Turn it off! Turn it off or we will shoot!

-Hostile-

It's all in the delivery.

Goz    2

Jukki/Leon/Rubanenko/Primus Palus got it right. For official confirmation - it will be updated in Q&A thread in guides section of forums.

Sign in to follow this