Server time: 2017-08-24, 10:43

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Official RP2 map poll

Which map should RP2 use?  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Which map should RP2 use?

Rolle    2477

Vote for the map you would like the most for DayZRP RP2 server!

And an "I don't care" option? Because I will play on whatever map has the most players. Maybe I just shouldn't vote.

You should have made it multiple choice. I don't care but I do want a different map.

Jukki    1

Rp 1 mirror definetly NO NO. Ghosting would be issue againg!

Rolle    2477

With multiple choice we won't get the result we want, therefore you are to select the map you like the most.

Added the option "any map is fine"

Tomeran    3

Namalsk for president! Would be interesting to see if this poll reflects my previous Namalsk poll of 50% community support.

...and if not then I guess my secondary vote would be "Keep Taviana".

If Taviana gets the most votes maybe the player limit of RP1 should be capped to 30 temporarily. Also, I think a TP should be made first. A basic one is enough. Spotter can improve it later.

The origin version of Taviana fixes a lot of bugs, according to some people here. Maybe we can use that one?

Nikolai B.    0

I would like a different chernarus, with a different hive, and also different spawn charts. Have one be more casual, the other, extreme.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

I remember the ghosting at the original elektro outpost...

Takistan/Fallujah has the most RP possibilities...

Rolle    2477

I voted Panthera because:

- 10x10km size (Chernarus is 15x15)

- Characteristics similar to Chernarus

- Dense forests, rivers, mountains and hills, curvy roads through the mountains, perfect for ambushes, roadblocks etc.

- Many small villages, almost all buildings enterable

- 4 airfields spread on the opposing edges of the map

- A hot zone on the east and south part of the island, similar to Cherno-Elektro zone in Chernarus where there will be lots of player activity.

Goz    2

I had best experience (besides Chernarus) in Panthera, Panthera +1

ZeroXiz    0

I had best experience (besides Chernarus) in Panthera, Panthera +1

This.

Taviana itself just doesn't cut it for me, Origins would be so sweet, but not possible. So I vote Panthera. :)

Sky    1

I'm going to vote for any map, simply because I've only ever played on Chernarus and a little bit on Taviana, so I can't really compare them to the others.

However, I'd prefer it being a different map than Chernarus. Its nice to be able to hop onto another DayZRP server and play with a change of scenery.

Pavel    0

besides chernarus ive only played celle, taviana and namalsk. i love namalsk, it's easily the most atmospheric and i think the bloodsuckers and EVR storms add some unpredictabilty too.

something would have to be done about the loot tables however, as the high end military spawns seem to be of some concern. i dont know how feasible this is.

edit: forgot about the body temperature factor, too.

Skippy    4

Problem with Namalsk, is that is really really small compared to the other maps. It also has some 'interesting' loot distribution, with the only two hospitals on the same island right beside each other, and that island doesn't have much else on it. There are then military spawns everywhere, and for civilian spawns there is only one good place to get it, and a few other spawns here and there. It'll turn into a death match, and I don't really want that.

While I like the map, and I enjoy the atmosphere, I think Panthera, Lingor, or Taviana would work best as 2nd map.

One other question- is it at all even slightly possible to bring over inventory from the current Taviana server to a new server (if we change)? Would it be possible to bring over inventory from a database without bringing over position and what not?

Diremast    0

In the past I have shown my support to Namalsk due to the harsh nature of that map. But however since I have looked up Panthera more that map feels like a better version of Chernarus mainly to the fact that it seems to have alot of enterable buildnings which makes the cities feel much more alive ang genuine.

I also like the idea stated previously within the thread about ambushes stuff. It would make it much easier for a group of people to lay claim to a town since you can pretty much enter any house and thereby leave the opposition guessing your location much more.

It's much easier for other people to hide and you never know what will be around the corner which created much more paranoia I think!

With that being said, Namalsk is a nice map but I feel like Panthera would be a more enjoyable experience in my opinion. My vote goes for Panthera.

Pavel    0

retracted vote and voted for panthera, based on others experience.

I'm still voting Taviana. I think peoples' decisions to pull away from it are snap decisions based on the current bad experience because RP2 is so deserted, leaving a bad taste in their mouths.

That being said, I've never played on Panthera before, so I'll check it out tonight and see what I think.

Blizzard    0

I still want taviana, so much potential yet no one really wants to give it a chance.

Ive even taken to makeing my own makeshit tradepost till a real trade post gets put in,

people mostly complain about the lack of stuff in the wilderness, well its not like we cant put stuff in it like we did chernarus.

I'm going to vote for any map, simply because I've only ever played on Chernarus and a little bit on Taviana, so I can't really compare them to the others.

However, I'd prefer it being a different map than Chernarus. Its nice to be able to hop onto another DayZRP server and play with a change of scenery.

Agreed. We're the only two that think that way it seems.

However, now that I have looked up all the maps Panthera is looking more and more interesting. It really does look like a better version of Chernarus.

I'm glad that we made the polls. This shows that Namalsk and Taviana weren't the only two choices.