Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:36

Sign in to follow this  
Primus Palus

1911 One Shot Kills... Do You Get Them?

Are you able to one shot infected?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Are you able to one shot infected?

• Yes, it takes only one shot anywhere on the body.
    • No, it takes more than one shot in the body for a kill.

I'm curious because there is another thread that is getting rather sidetracked with a discussion about my ability to one shot infected with a 1911. I'm curious to see if anyone else gets them:

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/OgsDiJ0yYLQ

Do you guys get this? That video was recorded yesterday 04-16-13 on the Day Z RP server. There's been some discussion about what version of the game I'm running and so forth, so I'll add this:

I don't know what would be different. As I said, I run a fully patched ArmA II, fully patched Day Z, and the Day Z RP mod direct from this site. So I can't be using an older version of the mod or base game. Not any different than I imagine most people here.

Now that said... server admins can set the lowest version required by the client on the server. So if the lowest version is below a major update I suppose that could be possible.

But, everything on my end is up to date. I can't see that being a factor. I can however, see Steam version vs base game being different. But you would think the server wouldn't let people of vastly different versions in like that.

Thoughts? Ideas? What is your experience with the 1911? One shot, or more?

EDIT:

It goes without saying that I don't have hacks of any kind or modified files. I haven't been kicked from the server or any server for that matter for script violations or anything of that sort (exception was once when I put a helicopter into hover and it booted me).

My base game of ArmA is from Amazon.com (download) and Day Z direct from the website. Day Z Commander shows versions:

Day Z: 1.7.6.1

ArmA 2: 103419

Sky    1

Definitely not one shot for me, and I'm using the Steam version.

I guess the Dev team will see what they can do about it, but it may end up being easier to just remove it from the game.

Definitely not one shot for me, and I'm using the Steam version.

I guess the Dev team will see what they can do about it, but it may end up being easier to just remove it from the game.

Well if I'm the only one that can do it (I threw a poll up there to see who else might be able to do it)... then it shouldn't be a huge problem. The issue is figuring out why then, I am able to and other people can't.

I'm wondering if Steam is a key factor here since other people in that other thread said they can't and have the Steam version.

EDIT:

A second person said they can still one shot. Who else is that, and what version are they running?

We need to establish what gives you the ability to one shot Zeds. I suspect that the non-Steam version is not up to date in comparison with the current version on Steam.

We have not been able to one shot zeds for a long time, since many patches ago. So I suspect that one file may have missed an update.

Is it worth looking at if any of the updates can change anything? I doubt it as the most recent one was for July last year and the Steam version was not released until much later after that. (Ref: http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates)

Have you looked at any of the other secondaries or primaries to see if they perform differently?

Ruffboi    0

I think we're speaking of a higher power here.

I simply think that OP has achieved the maximum kickassery with a 1911. No coding is caused by this.

This power, my friends..

... COMES FROM ABOVE

We need to establish what gives you the ability to one shot Zeds. I suspect that the non-Steam version is not up to date in comparison with the current version on Steam.

We have not been able to one shot zeds for a long time, since many patches ago. So I suspect that one file may have missed an update.

Is it worth looking at if any of the updates can change anything? I doubt it as the most recent one was for July last year and the Steam version was not released until much later after that. (Ref: http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates)

Have you looked at any of the other secondaries or primaries to see if they perform differently?

I looked into the versions and there's one beta version higher than what I have but not available on Day Z Commander (for ArmA 2). But I don't like beta patches and I saw nothing in the notes for any fixes regarding this.

As for other weapons... I two shot with M-16's, M-4's, and some AK weapons. G-17's take a ton of rounds (like 6-8). But I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I also haven't killed a player with the 1911.

Jukki    1

Do you kill people with one shot from lee einfield to body? Try it.

Jukki    1

Hopefully without KoSing someone...

Clanmates ;)

Or find freshspawn and do it for sciense!

Hopefully without KoSing someone...

Clanmates ;)

Or find freshspawn and do it for sciense!

PantslessForScience.png

I would suggest testing this out as well. We need data!

I can try that... need a volunteer. Will have to try that in a few hours after I grab some sleep.

I have only killed other players with STANAG based weapons.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

When i switched from retail to steam, i lost my ability to one-hit zeds with M1911.

Nikolai B.    0

I have an ARMA2 CD i gave to a friend. He installed DayZ using that. I will ask him about this, however, his Operation Arrowhead is a steam version, so i do not know if these results will be conclusive.

Also, you should try shooting a clan-mate and ask a GM to look at the logs for damage comparison for the 2 versions.

Blizzard    0

well i just got an m1911 the other night and it does infact kill zeds in one hit for me too, I also have the steam version.

But if it was the version he was on it would only be a clientside effect anyways, ie it wouldnt show on server logs or affect player damage. Zombies are clientside as well so that may be part of it too.

Caoineach    1

I'm Steam purchased as well.

I've had mixed results on various servers with the 1911. Every .45 revolver I've used (4 in total really) was one shot one kill on Zeds. But the 1911 has been sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Part of that may be due to the fact that I always try for head shots with pistols on Zeds. I might be missing and hitting shoulders as they shamble toward me.

I still think the 1911 is the best "Low Tier" side arm.

I prefer the M9 and Glock 17, but I consider those to be High Tier side arms.

The Makarov is a useless POS IMO. It's only saving grace is its magazine capacity compared to the 1911. I always ditch the Makarov 9mm in favor of any other side arm, including the Colt .45 revolver.

Anyway, for those who think civilian shotguns in Day Z (or real life) are useless, load out with shot (pellets) vs slug (supposedly the slugs are better damage in Day Z) and fire point blank. I suggest getting into a building (with more than one exit, just in case!), letting a Zed come to you and blasting in the face, point blank.

I've taken out 2 zeds at once with a single shotgun with pellet shell blast to the face on them. Point Blank though, so it is risky since if you miss or kill only one, they will be in strike range and swinging at you before you can get another shot off.

Tortov    0

Lets explain it simply through use of game files:

Zombies have 4499 blood.

Players have 11999 blood.

1911/Revolver used to deal 4500 blood (same as AKM etc.)

Therefore a 1 hit kill at close range against zeds.

In patch 1.62 damage was reduced to 1399 blood for M1911/Revolver This translates to 4 body shots.

So, M1911 is not a 1 hit kill.

All other sidearms deal 899 blood damage, equating to 5 hits for the kill.

Guest Marcus Williams   
Guest Marcus Williams

inb4 firefight with m1911.

Guest Whiskey1   
Guest Whiskey1

I'm curious because there is another thread that is getting rather sidetracked with a discussion about my ability to one shot infected with a 1911. I'm curious to see if anyone else gets them:

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/OgsDiJ0yYLQ

Do you guys get this? That video was recorded yesterday 04-16-13 on the Day Z RP server. There's been some discussion about what version of the game I'm running and so forth, so I'll add this:

I don't know what would be different. As I said, I run a fully patched ArmA II, fully patched Day Z, and the Day Z RP mod direct from this site. So I can't be using an older version of the mod or base game. Not any different than I imagine most people here.

Now that said... server admins can set the lowest version required by the client on the server. So if the lowest version is below a major update I suppose that could be possible.

But, everything on my end is up to date. I can't see that being a factor. I can however, see Steam version vs base game being different. But you would think the server wouldn't let people of vastly different versions in like that.

Thoughts? Ideas? What is your experience with the 1911? One shot, or more?

EDIT:

It goes without saying that I don't have hacks of any kind or modified files. I haven't been kicked from the server or any server for that matter for script violations or anything of that sort (exception was once when I put a helicopter into hover and it booted me).

My base game of ArmA is from Amazon.com (download) and Day Z direct from the website. Day Z Commander shows versions:

Day Z: 1.7.6.1

ArmA 2: 103419

i miss the old one shot from old dayz

ElDubya    0

I can occasionally still one shot a zombie to the body, but more often than not it takes 2, 3 or 4 body shots or one head shot to put one down.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

Stream version allows 1 shots from 1911.