Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
The Murdentist

Admin map authority.

Should major clan GM's have admin map?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should major clan GM's have admin map?

• Yes
    • No

I have been thinking about this for quite some time. I believe it is counter productive for the GM's who are a member of major clans to have access to the admin map. Despite the help these GM's are to the community I believe allowing them to have the admin map is too much power and could create an advantage which is unable to be regulated. I am not accusing anyone of anything, but I hope most will agree it is unnecessary for them to have it.

I realize there are a limited amount of GM's and Rolle needs the help, but surely this isn't too much to suggest.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Yes! Finally someone else that agrees with me, i have been thinking about making a similar discussion due to a specific incident with a GM.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

I'm inclined to agree.

After seeing broken storys from GM's after discussing how they found said tents.

ZeroXiz    0

Doesn't matter if they are part of a big clan or not, just being part of any clan at all should disallow it for you.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

Everyone should be like Meekia.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Lets put a end to Harry Potters madness, once and for all!

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

I agree with your point, but then there's atleast one problem which is that if this happens there'll be maybe 2 or 3 GMs who have access to admin map and they can't be monitoring it all the time, which could be helpful in some reports if there would've been someone monitoring the map.

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

Most of the people who play on the server are part of some clan, there are few exceptions though, but in the end Rolle is the one who decides who he promotes and who he thinks is skillful enough to be a GM.

Tosme    0

^ I agree, but I think every GM is part of some sort of clan are they not?

[CA] Corrupted Admins.

But seriously, just because a GM found your vehicle, or tent, does that mean they used the map to find it?

Guest Tizi808   
Guest Tizi808

NO EVIDENCE

Jerry    22

Voted Yes by mistake xD, but yeah anyone with admin map look at it without any consequences which should not be aloud. If they need admin map to solve a report (which is very rare) they can contact Rolle or Livs or a GM with no clan affiliation.

Livs    0

Why handicap the GM's? The map helps keeping the server safe from scripters, and it helps solving reports. It would be silly to make it harder for the Gamemasters.

This was already brought up some months ago, and nothing was changed back then either.

Junior Gamemasters do not have access to it, only the Gamemasters. You do not get promoted to Gamemaster unless we know you're doing a good job, and that we can trust you in a position like that.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

[CA] Corrupted Admins.

But seriously, just because a GM found your vehicle, or tent, does that mean they used the map to find it?

4 Peoples tents found in one night, my two tents were both glitched into rocks. Only accessible if you knew where they were. Like.. You could see the guide lines of the tent, if that.

Not accusing anyone, just a tad suspicious don't you think? Harry Potter is mighty mischievous

[CA] Corrupted Admins.

Tosme, like I said I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I have lost tens of vehicles throughout my time here on DayZRP and never blamed a GM, not once. It's the nature of the beast. Still, I believe it is a risk that should be mitigated.

Tosme    0

[CA] Corrupted Admins.

4 Peoples tents found in one night, my two tents were both glitched into rocks. Only accessible if you knew where they were. Like.. You could see the guide lines of the tent, if that.

Not accusing anyone, just a tad suspicious don't you think? Harry Potter is mighty mischievous

There's also people playing as scavengers on the server.

Any hidingspot will be found no matter how hard you try.

But GM's and admins got access to the map only, and trusted with it.

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

I've heard admins say this before

'You can't forget what you've seen'

That's true. No one can.

Pavel    0

there will always be an argument against certain GM's having access to admin tools, its part of life on a private server. you either put your trust in the GM's to play fair or take your chances on public servers.

Sin    127

The GMs I know know it's a game, and treat it as such.

A game isn't fun if you're cheating at it.

I don't know enough about the situation to express an opinion about whether they should have the power or not, but in an ideal world, they wouldn't.

Tortov    0

GM plays game, he runs around looking for vehicle but can't seem to find one.

GM tabs out, catches glimpse of little dots near him...

GM can't forget dots! :)

Dottastic    0

They shouldn't have it. GM's can be trusted to a certain extent, but not 100%, they are not computers, they are humans and there will be temptations.

There will be no proof if this happens, because they can remember a tent spot, then few

days later, go to that tent.

Tomeran    3

The GMs are chosen carefully, and most people seem to agree that we generally have a reliable staff of GMs.

What you're suggesting here would require a very high degree of intentional abuse. It would be comparable to hacking or using exploits, if not worse. Do any of you seriously believe that we have GMs that activly use the admin map for their own gain?

To my knowledge this admin map is a tool they have to activate and look at, not a minimap they have down in their corner they can "accidently look at" all the time while they're playing.

Its one thing to say they're "human and make errors", and quite another to state that they're utter douchebags. Because that's what they'd have to be to do what you're hinting at here, an utter douchebag.

So no, I dont generally agree to this suggestion.

Mavasaur    0

We literally need the admin map for multiple reports, and taking it away because someone found your stuff is silly. And honestly, it's just speculation.

Reports we need the admin map for: NLR, TP Theft, Finding people abusing exploits, it also helps being able to use it in reports to see grids of where people died.

Like I said, you guys are meerly speculating. And whenever someone finds your stuff it's automatically "A GM ABUSED HIS POWERS"

I find it funny that the poster of this thread was caught yesterday, by me, abusing the under water tent glitch. I caught him with my admin map, and thus had it deleted and he received punishment. But now, the next day, there's a discussion to remove our admin map.

I suggest if you want anything to happen, someone with a more reputable background posts it.

This thread is silly.

Guest Tizi808   
Guest Tizi808

We literally need the admin map for multiple reports, and taking it away because someone found your stuff is silly. And honestly, it's just speculation.

Reports we need the admin map for: NLR, TP Theft, Finding people abusing exploits, it also helps being able to use it in reports to see grids of where people died.

Like I said, you guys are meerly speculating. And whenever someone finds your stuff it's automatically "A GM ABUSED HIS POWERS"

I find it funny that the poster of this thread was caught yesterday, by me, abusing the under water tent glitch. I caught him with my admin map, and thus had it deleted and he received punishment. But now, the next day, there's a discussion to remove our admin map.

I suggest if you want anything to happen, someone with a more reputable background posts it.

This thread is silly.

+1