Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lynge

M1911 or the Revolver?

Which gun do you prefeer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which gun do you prefeer?

Guest Lynge   
Guest Lynge

Hey guys! First of all i dont know if i put this thread in the right category... This is in general discussion right know. Please tell me if it doesnt belong here.

I just wanted to hear your opinion about the M1911 and the revolver. Which one is better?

EDIT:

(In the poll choose the one you PREFEER! not the one that has the best stats)

Sin    114

M1911. 7 rounds vs 6. I believe it's also got a faster fire rate, and it's not as visible at night. Oh, and you can combine mags back and forth for either, depending on which you decide to go with

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

I much prefer the sound and sight of the revolver, just feels and looks more.. beefy =p

M1911 sounds like someone clapping their shoes together.

1911 is a one shot kill anywhere (on infected), and has 7 rounds vs 6. No brainer really. Not sure on the stats vs players with the two... but I would be using a primary for that.

Guest Lynge   
Guest Lynge

I like the revolver to, something that anoys me about it is. That when you reload it, it looks like your character, slides a magasine up in the gun.

Terra    1372

I like the sound of shoes clapping together, probably because of my nature... so i prefer the m1911

Guest Lynge   
Guest Lynge

1911 is a one shot kill anywhere (on infected), and has 7 rounds vs 6. No brainer really. Not sure on the stats vs players with the two... but I would be using a primary for that.

Thats not true, it takes more than one shot.. That was changed many updates ago.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

I like the sound of shoes clapping together, probably because of my nature... so i prefer the m1911

Each to their own

Sin    114

I like the revolver to, something that anoys me about it is. That when you reload it, it looks like your character, slides a magasine up in the gun.

Probably using a speedloader.

Both weapons use the same ammo and have the same damage, but I prefer the revolver. Ammunition is plentiful for both firearms, but you run into some serious issues with the 1911.

One extra round? That's nice, but not a deal-breaker. If you're taking headshots, one per zombie is all you need anyway.

The sights on the 1911 are misaligned, making it harder to land head shots, especially at distance.

Higher rate of fire is pretty irrelevant. The only time fire rate comes into play is when you're panic-firing because you missed a head shot and the zombie wants to eat you, and by that point your better bet is running and repositioning for a head shot.

Bottom line: Sidearms are for careful head shots at close range to take down zombies. Being able to shoot faster and fire one extra round per magazine is pretty worthless when the poor sights don't let you hit what you're aiming at. If they fixed the sight alignment on the 1911, it'd be superior in every way.

Sin    114

I much prefer the sound and sight of the revolver, just feels and looks more.. beefy =p

This is an argument for the 1911. Less noise is good.

1911 and revolver use the same caliber of ammo. In DayZ, the round used in a gun determines damage, not the gun itself. That's why we have machine guns that basically fire DMR rounds, because a .308 is a .308 is a .308.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

1911 is a one shot kill anywhere (on infected), and has 7 rounds vs 6. No brainer really.

Not sure where you got that idea from.

Thats not true, it takes more than one shot.. That was changed many updates ago.

No... that is true. I one shot every infected with a 1911. Hence why I carry it. I've never had to hit them more than once. Exception to that is a leg shot which with almost any weapon makes them prone out. In the arm, chest, stomach, hips, obviously the head... one shot.

Not sure where you got that idea from.

See above. I can fraps it if you guys like. I use the 1911 against infected only... and I've never fired more than one round.

As an example... I drew aggro just the other day pulling 5 or 6 into a small farm house. I let them wander into the door, and plinked them one shot each. Some I hit in the arm, some the chest, others elsewhere.

This is an argument for the 1911. Less noise is good.

All sidearms have a 52m audible range (unless suppressed).

Edit: For zombie agro, not how far they can be heard by players.

Guest Lynge   
Guest Lynge

Yea do that! Cause that aint true, it was like that before but it aint like thats know. And i know that for sure!

See above. I can fraps it if you guys like. I use the 1911 against infected only... and I've never fired more than one round.

I would like to see you fraps a video now of you one-shotting zombies in the chest with the 1911. It would renew my respect for it. Because I just encountered some zombies with it last night and it took four rounds to bring down a zombie that was chasing me.

The 1911 does around 1,100 damage, and zombies have around 4,000 blood.

I would like to see you fraps a video now of you one-shotting zombies in the chest with the 1911. It would renew my respect for it. Because I just encountered some zombies with it last night and it took four rounds to bring down a zombie that was chasing me.

The 1911 does around 1,100 damage, and zombies have around 4,000 blood.

Once it gets daylight I'll fraps it. I just killed three infected EACH with only one shot just now. But it's pitch black on the server and you wont see anything.

Osaka    15

The revolver just looks cool, but the 1911 has more ammo, and a faster rate of fire.

I rather have a 1911 as a backup gun.

But if I come across a G17 I'm a happy guy,

Revolver, better iron sights.

If you cant kill what you are aiming for in as few bullets as possible then switch to your main and spray and pray.

-KG-    0

Out of those two, revolver hands down.

My top 3 handguns go as following:

1. M9.

2. G17.

3. Revolver.

:)

Same damage, 1911 has better rate of fire, but the iron sights on the revolver are so much better that it still gets the advantage in my eyes :)

Since I only use pistols for infected... the G-17 is TRASH. Takes like 10 shots to bring down one. Granted it has a much higher capacity mag.

I just killed another infected a little bit ago with a single shot. Don't know what you guys are talking about. I do however shoot them from less than 10 feet away... maybe that's where everyones problem lies. It's not meant for long distance shots.

Oldman    22

Your using the pistol to give headshots so the damage does not really matter, they are the same. 1911 advantage 1round extra, but ammo is so common it does not really matter. What does matter is the sights. The revolver has nice sights and 25+meter range.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

G17 master race!