Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elc0m

Change Taviana to Namalsk

Do you agree with changing Taviana to Namalsk?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with changing Taviana to Namalsk?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • No opinion

Guest Elc0m   
Guest Elc0m

So in case no one playing in RP2 because of Taviana I think admins should change map to Namalsk. Because Taviana is to large and its hard to find someone its also very buggy, no action so server just standing empty and whats the point then? Maybe we should try Namalsk now?

Jerry    22

Namalsk is probably the best one, its so different from any other map

DunnZ    0

Namalsk, indeed. Perhaps cap the player amount to 30 or so, though.

HiToKiRi    0

Namalsk definitely offers unique opportunity in terms of RP. I believe that it would be a substantially different experience when compared to that of Chernarus or Taviana. That being said, I also agree that the player cap should be lowered if we are to consider Namalsk.

Guest Elc0m   
Guest Elc0m

So you guys saying that its better to play on empty server and bigger map than smaller map and some players in it? No way!

Namalsk is too small. Period. It's great for PvP, but not for RP. Everyone will be clustered too close, the reports will flare up because of constant contact, bandits will start to bitch because they're getting shot or initiated on every time they turn around...

Taviana has its share of bugs, but to claim that they're game breaking is just stupid. I've been playing on Taviana for months and I can count the number of times a Taviana-specific bug has caused a serious problem for me on one hand.

Taviana being big isn't an issue because vehicles are more prevalent. Make smaller cars more common. Off-road vehicles are far more valuable than cars, since the latter are mostly restricted to road use, making escape from pursuit more difficult.

Taviana is, hands down, the best RP map available for DayZ. I'm not sure why people are even suggesting an 8x8 map for RP. That's ludicrous.

Jukki    1

Also problem with namalsk is the amount of military loot imo. Plus the size.

Oldman    22

Panthera is larger and the loot is balanced if you take a look at the map. The roads are plenty, but not to much so it is rewarding for checkpoints/blocks.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Takistan Life.

Nuff said.

or panthera

Also problem with namalsk is the amount of military loot imo. Plus the size.

Exactly, because it's a PvP map! It's meant for people to spawn, grab guns, and try to kill one another.

Like I said, you cram all those people into a place that's smaller than Taviana's small island and you're gonna see a lot of reports and complaints.

Guest Elc0m   
Guest Elc0m

Ok the fact is we need to change Taviana to smaller map offer something better than Namalsk then.

TightPants    0

If people want to avoid bugs and unnecessary glitches we should use officially supported maps. So let's change to Takistan or Fallujah.

Ok the fact is we need to change Taviana to smaller map offer something better than Namalsk then.

Taviana is not too big. How often do you actually play on Taviana?

As I've said, it's the main map I play outside of RP currently, and when the server population gets up around 20-25 people, you start running into contact fairly often in the big cities like Sabina and Lyepestok. Are you complaining because the small towns on the outskirts are deserted? Of course they are, they're on the outskirts!

Once a trade post is established, that will create a centralized hub, and that will result in more interaction. You're not seeing anything right now because nobody is playing there, and nobody's playing because of a lack of contact and a complete lack of a safe place to congregate and RP/trade/whatever.

You'd see a lot less contact and a lot more people hiding in the woods with their friends on RP1 too if there was no TP.

Pavel    0

people shouldnt require a 'safe haven' in order to play on a certain map.

i think everyone is far too accustomed to having the TP.

BobitoZ    0

I'd like to give Taviana some more time before we change things.

Maybe RP2 can become a server that changes maps every month or two to keep things fresh. Your character would be persistent however. That would give people a chance to RP someone travling.

TightPants    0

Maybe RP2 can become a server that changes maps every month or two to keep things fresh. Your character would be persistent however. That would give people a chance to RP someone travling.

But there is not enough maps that all ready support DayZ in some form.

people shouldnt require a 'safe haven' in order to play on a certain map.

i think everyone is far too accustomed to having the TP.

Whether or not they're accustomed to it is irrelevant, as is whether or not you feel they should need it. The TP is not just a safe haven, it's also a social congregation point.

A lot of people do feel they should need it, and it's what the majority of players feel they need that makes them play on a server.

If people won't play on RP2 because it lacks a TP, then a TP needs to be added in order to stimulate growth. People aren't going to choose to play on the server simply because you think they shouldn't need a TP.

BobitoZ    0

But there is not enough maps that all ready support DayZ in some form.

Rotate between the ones that do? I really think this is the best solution. If people don't like the current map then it's ok. In a month or two there will be another map. It keeps things fresh and gives people a chance to play different play styles.

Rolle has already said they found an easyer way to put our mod on other maps.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

I think we should at least wait for the trading post to be implemented until we all demand a map change.

Lucia sums this up pretty well =p