Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:21
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Taurz

Someone else want humanity back on Forum ?

Taurz    1

Yeah, like it says above. I really like the possibility to see other peoples Humanity on the forum, and my own ofc. It was a nice feature. But it disappeared when Taviana appeared.

Don't know if it is possible to get it back because of Taviana. But if it is i would be good to still have it. Or atleast an potion to turn it off and on.

Would like other peoples opinion on this :D

Yes, I don't mind not being able to see everyone's humanity but I would appreciate having "personal stats" at least, just for me.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I too would like to have humanity back, an On/Off feature would be a good idea. That way people can decide for themselves.

Sky    1

It was removed as a way of further separating IC from OOC as far as I know. Humanity is a visual representation of ones moral alignment, and by extension, ones reputation. It was decided that such information should be something you learn in-game through experiences, not on the forums.

Pavel    0

I too would like to have humanity back, an On/Off feature would be a good idea. That way people can decide for themselves.

i think people are better able to decide for themselves through meeting in-game.

im glad the feature was turned off, it's a little like metagaming to me.

Using an arbitrary number to base your interactions with people is stupid. I know bandits that are happy to RP and help people and heroes that are happy to kill and be evil.

Ultimately it is a number that shouldn't affect game play yet some people take it that way. A personal humanity meter would be great to have.

Otherwise it's not that big of a deal

Taurz    1

Yeah i agree wit that personal stats on the website would be great. I also see the problem of having humanity on the forum, duo to the RP of meeting people and don't know if they are bad or not.

But to be honest most people know if you are a bandit or not, duo to other people on the forum or what clan/group/squad you are in.

Skippy    4

+1, that and a feature to turn on/off stats.

ZeroXiz    0

It was a nice future.

Indeed, it was a very nice future..

A on/off option would be ideal.

Terra    1449

Yes, I don't mind not being able to see everyone's humanity but I would appreciate having "personal stats" at least, just for me.

I think thats a good idea!

Sky    1

I'm a big stats man, so I would absolutely loooove a personal stats page for my character with a lot of the data from the old leader boards (player kills, zombie kills etc), as well as things like total deaths, average life duration, headshot percentage and such.

Not that any of that would be particularly RP I suppose, but it'd be awesome nonetheless.

Adam Darski    0

It was removed as a way of further separating IC from OOC as far as I know. Humanity is a visual representation of ones moral alignment, and by extension, ones reputation. It was decided that such information should be something you learn in-game through experiences, not on the forums.

My thoughts exactly. It should be about reputation, not numbers that could potentially be misleading.

My thoughts exactly. It should be about reputation, not numbers that could potentially be misleading.

Bear in mind reputations are just as misleading. So you can potentially use either of them through the forums.

It is impossible to base all your motivations/actions 100% with in-game knowledge. We can see that humanity factors in to it and it was removed. Ultimately I think people just need to be more open minded and meet people in game.

If removing the Humanity has helped with this then I'm for keeping it missing.

Skippy    4

So allow people to pick if they want it to show up or not.

Spotter    0

You were able to metagame how you trusted people, and people would use it to confirm kills. E.g. "My humanity dropped. So yeah, I killed that guy."

ZeroXiz    0

You were able to metagame how you trusted people, and people would use it to confirm kills. E.g. "My humanity dropped. So yeah, I killed that guy."

Good points, for the last one the solution would simply be lower the refresh rate.