Server time: 2017-10-21, 14:04
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Fusk

Handing out KoS rights

Lord Fusk    2

At the moment one can hand out KoS rights freely to anyone, as long as theres a "rp" way to transmit them. for 24 hours. Across the server.

I kinda miss the good old.

If you where there you got KoS rights. if you wasnt you have no such thing.

rather than the current ruling.

Also this thing about radios, people manage to transmit everything from the bandits favorite fruit to shoesize in the blink of an eye.

So the person standing there with a gun pointed at this guy yelling at him to get the fuck down on the ground misses out that he pulls out a walkie and starts to describe everything about him and his friends?

Shoudnt that be added to the rules that you have to show this someway? Either write it with *takes out his radio* Or just hold von down as you say it.

Cause the last time i checked telepathy wasnt a spell in dayz!

Im absolutely horrible at writing long sensible posts but i hope to start a nice discussion regarding this part of the game.

Much love

+1 Fusk, I would have preferred if it was those present or in your clan as in the old revenge timer. I keep seeing these shady quick alliances being formed and everyone handing out KoS rights.

Too many KoSes due to this and I think it is a slippery slope downwards. This needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Edit: However I like the fact that a small group can round up a posse. I just don't like that they can use Teamspeak to call anyone.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Agree

Oldman    22

No alliences clan only, that way it makes sense to join a clan.

Lord Fusk    2

Atleast one should have to RP that they are calling in for backup. And maybe keep KoS rights within clans, and if you want to take em up as a "friend that happened to be in TS" you have to be in the possy. And not just have clanless guys spread out all over the server that just shoot as soon as they see the Squad Xml.

This hasnt even happened to me, but i definetly see problems with this. And it will probably just get worse.

to be fair, its almost worse to be in a clan right now, i mean what if clan X disbands and decides to be "a group of friends" no XML.. no tags. But HEY! we are on the same TS, KoS rights all around! No more telepathic transmissions to give kos rights

Wow you type two words to troll and you fail on 50%.. you need a medal.

Mavasaur    0

I agree with giving 24hr KoS rights to a clan, but that's it. You're robbed, you and your clan/group have 24hrs to kill the group that did it. That being said, 1st SFOD-D will never transfer KoS rights to another clan.

Lord Fusk    2

Neither will Legion but thats cause we got no friends :(

foreveralone.jpg

And i totally agree with you Mavaliscious.

+1

Fusk I totally agree with VOIP while on TS when you are near other players. It only makes sense. Realistically you couldn't give up positions to other clan members without your captors hearing you. This cannot really be enforced but there would be cases where in evidence fraps videos it could be discovered. It would have to be done by honesty. I would like to see it implemented.

Vasily Malyy    10

Say a clan robs another clan. Can the one that got robbed, execute a member (with initiation, not KoS)from the clan that robbed them, like a week later?

Say a clan robs another clan. Can the one that got robbed, execute a member (with initiation, not KoS)from the clan that robbed them, like a week later?

A week is a bit long I think, I would say no. Unless you do this completly RP and the other clan member agree, etc.

Or, he can become a hostage and if you demands are not fulfill, you can kill him.

You will need to prove that you have been rob by the other clan, a execution fully roleplayed is not a KOS. This is a roleplaying server before eveything.

If the other clan did a operation against you a few days ago, you have right to take revenge and kidnap one of their members. As long as you don't KOS him.

Sky    1

I theory, something like having your VON and TS button bound to the same key would be a good idea as it fits RP that when you talk via radio, you're talking out loud. I'd even support this becoming a proper rule, however I think it'd be really, really hard to enforce in many situations.

I think it'd be really, really hard to enforce in many situations.

Yes, this would be nearly impossible to do...

But from a roleplaying POV, I approve this +1

How can we enforce this?

((It would be a mess in public area like in TP ahah))

Lord Fusk    2

Or well if any report comes up and it turns out, you just stared blankly at your robbers gun for 3 seconds while you magicly sent all this information.

But since its so hard to enforce the easiest way would just be to keep kos rights within clans.

+1 for sure. Keep KoS rights within clans. Don't have VoiP and TS on the same key as it creates unpleasant feedback, but when you are in front of a captor press both keys. It is hard to enforce but it is possible.

Spotter    0

I agree. It would be beautiful to start shouting over VOIN your location and captors. It's a method of incompliance that the captors can use to kill him. This topic of realism would make it much better. But as mentioned, enforcement is nearly impossible without video proof or chat logs. Typing what you say would be unfair, because you could fit enough information in one passage (suddenly being said instantly). The captors should be able to retaliate to the sending of the info, and stop him from transmitting, leaving it up to the captors how much info is sent to the hostages buddies.

However, consider if the radio was turned on so that the receivers heard everything going on, not just what the sender was saying.

EDIT: However, KoS rights should be open for passing. Say a force swears to defend another or police Chernarus? How would they go about it if no one was allowed to call 911?

Raun Paru    0

I think TS3 should be in-character. During a robbery or other RP event, if you

use Teamspeak to relay any In-Character/In-Game information, it must be RP'd

IN-GAME. I don't care if it's something like an in-game /me or *takes out radio*

or whatever. But that would be easy to enforce.

If there's no "radio message" in direct chat during a robbery, nobody but the attendants

have KoS Rights. Could go a step further and have to specify a channel of some sort..

Reacher    2

Spotter made a good point.

If you want to make it 'realistic', in that what you say over TS should be said in-game also [same button for voice], then by rights everything being said in the immediate area should be heard if you're holding down the button but not talking.

But as far as I'm aware, that's not really possible.

Also, what about the specialized military units? They have communication devices created solely for near-voiceless communications while in the field - often referred to as laryngophones.

Does this mean - for the sake of realism - they can still communicate silently/quietly? One would assume a military operative would still have his personal items - including high-tech gear?

So many areas where it can be abused, really.

My main concern - despite thinking the idea is 'neat' overall - is that there's no way for anyone to know who's speaking over what at any given time. Whether it's the victims, or the bandits; there's no real way to point at someone and say "Hey, you're talking on TS!", and being 100% certain.

Because I can promise you that, should this idea be put into place, there will be dozens of reports of people being shot on 'hunches' and 'suspicion' of using TS when told not to.

-KG-    0

It is possible to enforce this, KoS rights can only be legitimately transferred if the robbed person have video proof of him holding down VON while passing the info.

No video, no KoS rights outside the clan.

Im of the opinion that KoS rights should only be allowed to your own clan and its official allies + anyone in the area (watching/hearing the hostile act). However im sure some clans will have 3 or more allies at some point, im not sure if it will work with them passing KoS rights to 3 more clans making it 4 clans with 24h revenge...seems problematic. But your own clan and one ally is perfectly good. Allies and random people on ts must however be proven with fraps that you held down VON! :)

Regarding kills on hunches, there are already shady shootings going on and tbh i think with a little common sense it doesnt have to get any worse, just make sure you stand close enough to the target and you will hear him contact anyone outside his own clan. The reason i say outside the clan is because if you rob CLF/Legion/CSR/RF - anyone, you know his clan will come anyway :)

I agree with the point that you have to witness the event to have KOS rights/be ingame and in the clan at the time. This stops people logging in to join the fight.

Powdermen    0

Or just a lock on every TS server?

When you get robbed now, you can walk away or re-spawn and first thing you do is tab out and go to a open room to get 5 different clans involved and those people can call the rest of their clan etc..

I like the idea of type you are getting your radio out! This way the robbers feel like they need to hurry and might feel slightly intimidated. Or feel like they should lay down an ambush..

You: ''The cavalry is coming in boys..''

Them: ''Awh fuck no! We're gone''

^^ Perfect situation right there :D

PS: This shouldn't be the only reason to execute someone though. If you are signing you death-sentence by telling the robbers you are using your radio nobody will do it and nothing will change..

Or just a lock on every TS server?

When you get robbed now, you can walk away or re-spawn and first thing you do is tab out and go to a open room to get 5 different clans involved and those people can call the rest of their clan etc..

I like the idea of type you are getting your radio out! This way the robbers feel like they need to hurry and might feel slightly intimidated. Or feel like they should lay down an ambush..

You: ''The cavalry is coming in boys..''

Them: ''Awh fuck no! We're gone''

^^ Perfect situation right there :D

PS: This shouldn't be the only reason to execute someone though. If you are signing you death-sentence by telling the robbers you are using your radio nobody will do it and nothing will change..

I wonder if there is a way to lock your VoN to permanently on?