Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Robbin

FPS

Question

Robbin    0

Hey guys,

Now, I know all about the settings for DayZ and Arma not having the best settings by default, but I have a problem ONLY on the DayZ RP server.

I have massive FPS drops when I play on DayZRP sometimes, mostly when I go into cities. I have grown to accept and expect it. BUT the problem for me is that I only have it on DayZRP. When I play on other servers, I don't actually have this problem. I play with about +20 (compared to DayZRP) FPS on other servers and the 'drops when in cities' are nowhere near as bad as they are on DayZRP. Also, I have played on other servers with a higher ping (up to 130) and still no problems.

Could anyone tell me what the problem is? I can play other high-end games with better FPS with my current setup and have a very good internet connection. If it was my rig, I would expect it to extend to other servers as well...

On DayZRP, my regular FPS is 50/60, but it can drop to 1 for a few seconds before getting back up again. On other servers it gets to 100, and hardly any drops...

14 answers to this question

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Mind posting your system specs?

Rolle    2985

We have extended view range and reduced fog in the mission file, so comparing DayZRP FPS with other servers is not a proper way to measure performance. I don't know about the spikes though.

Robbin    0

These are the specs.

CPU: Sandy Bridge i5-2310 Quad Core @2.90Ghz

Memory: DDR3 6144MB

1TB Hard Drive Storage

GPU: Nvidia geforce GTX660 (not OC currently, but could do that)

2645531766.png

Crofty    0

I was getting poor FPS since this player menu option was added. Set your setting to low with the umbrella drop down menu, then start to switch up the other advanced settings. Worked for me.

Goz    2

I advise everyone to buy some RAM ( even 12 GB is enough) and move crucial arma/dayzrp files to ramdisk(for tutorials - google it). Best boost for me :)

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

I advise everyone to buy some RAM ( even 12 GB is enough) and move crucial arma/dayzrp files to ramdisk(for tutorials - google it). Best boost for me :)

*cough* I'll just leave this here...

I have:

- AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz processor

- 16gb G.Skill 1600mhz RAM (8-8-8-24 timings)

- MSI Radeon HD 6950 2GB Twin Frozr II OC graphics card

- Running a 20MB (down) and 5MB (up) line

- and more

I get less than 15fps in the cities. It makes going to them almost impossible and not nearly worth it. Yesterday I got as low as 8 for a good 30 minutes. I wanted to stab myself in the face with a spoon.

I never get this on any other server and with the "Player Settings" option... I turned down the range to the second level. My graphics options are all normal or lower now which makes for one UGLY game.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

I have:

- AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz processor

- 16gb G.Skill 1600mhz RAM (8-8-8-24 timings)

- MSI Radeon HD 6950 2GB Twin Frozr II OC graphics card

- Running a 20MB (down) and 5MB (up) line

- and more

I get less than 15fps in the cities. It makes going to them almost impossible and not nearly worth it. Yesterday I got as low as 8 for a good 30 minutes. I wanted to stab myself in the face with a spoon.

I never get this on any other server and with the "Player Settings" option... I turned down the range to the second level. My graphics options are all normal or lower now which makes for one UGLY game.

When its raining in cities I sometimes drop to 20fps, I play on far distance with high/very high settings. But 20fps is fairly appalling for the rig I play on.

From this thread.

Specs:

- i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

- 16Gb DDR3 Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz

- 2 x KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 EX OC 4096MB GDDR5 (Soon to be a single GTX TITAN)

- Asus Z77 Sabertooth

- Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1000w modular PSU

- 3 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

- Intel 330 Series 60GB Solid State Drive

- 3 x Asus 22" Widescreen Monitors (1920x1080)

- Roccat Isku keyboard

- Razer Mamba mouse

- Logitech G35 headset

Prospero    0

Specs:

- i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

- Asus Z77 Sabertooth

- Roccat Isku keyboard

- Razer Mamba mouse

- Logitech G35 headset

Slip, don't go down the GeForce Titan route, wait until the true 780 next March.

nVidia cheated this year and rebranded their Quadro GPU just to stay on the top of the single GPU charts, but its not optimised for gaming and will perform worse than two 680 GTXs in SLI

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Specs:

- i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

- Asus Z77 Sabertooth

- Roccat Isku keyboard

- Razer Mamba mouse

- Logitech G35 headset

Slip, don't go down the GeForce Titan route, wait until the true 780 next March.

nVidia cheated this year and rebranded their Quadro GPU just to stay on the top of the single GPU charts, but its not optimised for gaming and will perform worse than two 680 GTXs in SLI

Got a source for this?

Prospero    0

Specs:

- i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz

- Asus Z77 Sabertooth

- Roccat Isku keyboard

- Razer Mamba mouse

- Logitech G35 headset

Got a source for this?

I'm glad you made me look this up, it's now rumoured to be June!

nVidia match Intels Tick Tock cycle, major product update one year minor the next which is where the 680 and 700 series fit. However the Titan is an exception pulled from the Quadro range of Professional Graphics workstation offerings.

Basically it's from a lot of research on my behalf, I have two water cooled 680 GTX and have been watching the 690 GTX and Titan to evaluate upgrades but this article clearly demonstrates my point. Look at 680 SLI 3D Mark performance on page 2 compared to Titan on page 1.

Oldman    22

Its free, so what is the catch?

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Its free, so what is the catch?

For every Gb of ram you download, you must download 2 more Gb's of RAM for free.

Honestly not sure if joking or just derp

When its raining in cities I sometimes drop to 20fps' date=' I play on far distance with high/very high settings. But 20fps is fairly appalling for the rig I play on.[/quote']

I get less than 40 everywhere, and less than 20 in dense areas. Towns I drop below 10 at times. If I try and Fraps, it turns into a slideshow.

I'll be upgrading soon since the 6950 is rather dated... though it should be holding up fine. Need to wipe the computer and fresh install while I'm at it as well.