Server time: 2017-10-23, 07:46
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
-KG-

KoS rights

Who should get KoS rights  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get KoS rights

• Members of your OWN clan + people in the area (visual)
    • Members of your OWN clan and their ALLIES
    • Anyone on ts

-KG-    0

I have a question about the current rules of KoS rights...What is the point of tagging up as a clan when a random bunch of people on ts can give each other 24h KoS rights just because "they are in radio contact"?

Its only a bad thing to be in a clan since it makes it easy for people to ID from a distance.

In my opinion KoS rights should only be allowed to pass on to others within your same clan, If you are not wearing any clan tag then you are not allowed to give anyone KoS rights unless they are IN THE AREA of the robbery/hostile action.

Sure people say that its RP to put a bounty out, but if i get robbed by RF (for example)...I could go on public dayzrp ts and give KoS rights to everyone, It could be a radio broadcast over all frequencies...JUST STUPID.

Please vote and tell me what you think.

Otherwise we could just remove the clan tag and say we are random survivors, we can still kill people all over the place since we are in radio contact.

The rules state that you need to wear the tag when performing clan operations, what is clan operations and what are the perks of a clan really?

I think it should be a mix of people in the area and your allies.

When i'm talking about allies, i'm not talking about a group of people on TS, i'm talking about real alliance between the two clan. Something official.

I'm also against the idea of being robbed then sreaming all over TS that you have been robbed by "this group" so everybody in the whole TS have KoS right.

The "radio contact" excuse is used too often and only because it sounds "roleplay".

So, only the member of your own clan and official ally should be able to do something. Not the ally of you ally and random dudes in ts.dayzrp.

Also, everybody in the direct area should be able to intervene if they wish too.

Jukki    1

Asked rolle once about clans without clantags:

[13.4.2013 18:11:35] Roland: Then they are not acting as a clan - no shared KoS rights etc

-KG-    0

I agree, it should be a mix of option 1 and 2...but if Legion rob someone without a clan tag, then there should be no sharing of KoS rights AT ALL unless someone is there watching the robbery. If you are not wearing a tag you cannot give the rights to a clan because you happen to be in ts with them in my opinion. IF you want their support then tag up!

If you are calling in "allies" then it needs to be an official alliance with another clan on the forums.

Comrade Reaper    1

TAGS.. should be used WITH an XML or written TAGS. IF XML is down you should put on written tags seince the KOS rights only whithin your clan and allies.

Passing on KOS rights is the dumbest idea I have seen on the server yet. All this leads to is a bunch of randoms getting killed themselves. For example say RF passes on KOS rights to me so I enter the firefight, I then get killed before I can shoot so can I then fill out a report for ME being KOS'd? That is exactly what I have seen happening time and time again. People are using this PASSING on Kos rights just to circumvent the rules. If you want to enter a firefight then you should have to iniate the same as anyone else.

If the admins want this rule to stay the way it is then in that case there should be a thread in the forums where a person actually posts who they are passing the KOS rights onto and why. First off this allows the clans as well as the GMS to follow who is being killed and why, also so all teh clans know who is in the firefight. Less randoms will potentially be killed and with any luck less posts will be filled out. Doesnt take long to drop a post that says I "jim bob" pas on the kos rights to "clanname" for the reason of "what the fuck ever", and the name of the players that have the kos right.

Reacher    2

Voted 2.

I mainly believe KoS rights should belong to:

- Victim [obviously].

- Victim's immediate group [iE: the people he's running around with in-game].

- Clan members active on TS/in-game at the time.

- Any clan allies you are in contact with, whether on TS and/or in-game.

I believe KoS rights should only pass on if the individuals I mentioned just now are physically on and present - no PMs, no IRC calls, no pokes for someone who's AFK.

You should be able to say: "I have KoS rights on , help me."

And they should be able to reply immediately with: "Alright, let's do this."

Or something to that extent.

Bottom line is no leaving a poke saying 'KoS on ! Get them when you get back from the store!', for example. Immediate response = KoS rights.

Osaka    27

Radio contact is nice, but currently it is used as an excuse to kill random people.

KOS is KOS.

24 hours of KOS rights? What happened to the old 2 hour rule? If a fire fight is going on you can kill, but not 24 hours later by some random guy from a clan who logged in 5 minutes ago.

Always roleplay. Initiate contact and don't snipe someone from a kilometer away just because your clan has a tag on you.

I hope we don't get to keep these revenge rules. Maybe an hour time. But not a whole day.

Sky    1

Voted 2.

I mainly believe KoS rights should belong to:

- Victim [obviously].

- Victim's immediate group [iE: the people he's running around with in-game].

- Clan members active on TS/in-game at the time.

- Any clan allies you are in contact with, whether on TS and/or in-game.

I believe KoS rights should only pass on if the individuals I mentioned just now are physically on and present - no PMs, no IRC calls, no pokes for someone who's AFK.

You should be able to say: "I have KoS rights on , help me."

And they should be able to reply immediately with: "Alright, let's do this."

Or something to that extent.

Bottom line is no leaving a poke saying 'KoS on ! Get them when you get back from the store!', for example. Immediate response = KoS rights.

Pretty much this.

Its logical to assume that KoS rights should be shared to clan members present, or online. As far as allies go, not so sure about that one.

Honestly though, I think the problem, if anything, is the revenge timer. 24 hours still feels excessive to me, but that's a topic for another discussion.

Reacher    2

I tend to operate with the 'KoS for the length of the session' timer. If I play for 6 hours, I have KoS in those 6 hours. Once I log off for the night, it's time to move on and get over it - if I didn't find those I had KoS on.

Also, my point about Allies, was that you might be speaking in a larger group on TS, and if they're talking to you then why not include them?

Sky    1

I tend to operate with the 'KoS for the length of the session' timer. If I play for 6 hours, I have KoS in those 6 hours. Once I log off for the night, it's time to move on and get over it - if I didn't find those I had KoS on.

That is exactly how I look at it, and how it should be in the rules in my opinion.

Jukki    1

We tend to use common sense when we have kos rights. Usualy meaning session time. We won't play with like "oh ingot robbed by legion yesterday. Still have kos rights, lets go kill them" Usualy we use common sense (6 hours i hink is max time i would consider kos timer.) usualy our revenge kills might be from 2-4 hours.

Also no afk members are draged in for hunt. But incase they come online during the hunt they join it.

Oldman    22

The problem with passing KOS rights to allies is the fact that you can abuse this, by forming multiple allience to a large portion of the community. Let's say we have Legion and Whiskey and Nykke. Whiskey and Nykke are not Legion, but play with us from time to time. We get shot/robbed/raped/killed. Then Whiskey and Nykke can camp a certain road/area were they likely go. Seems legit so far, but it is not I tell you why. What if you extend this to lets say 10 random individuals, you poke them and they join your channel then you explain them what happend(even tho your dead ect). Then they start shooting. This is not legit, because you are passing on kos rights even tho your dead or even tho they were not online at the moment and could not even hear there radio(IC they were sleeping and no you don't wake up that is god mode rping).

My main point is that you can't check if someone was all ready in your teamspeak/skype/whatever. so I think that if Whiskey and Nykke want to share kos right then they need to add Legion behind their name. They can remove this when they play alone for a day. It stops the confusion about who has rights. Same goes for RF and CLF, if they do a joint op then tag like it. So I am voting for option one and put an end to all the random non rp killing like Paddy mayne on that chopper in tp. That was the most clear example of abusing and god mode rping your radio skills. Allies leave room for abuse thus vote one for a non kos server again!!!

No kos server means you can only shoot when he is allowed to shoot as well.