Server time: 2017-08-17, 07:53

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

RP2 Woes

Been playing my "new" Lucia on Taviana for a while. Enjoying things, generally speaking. Had a few problems, though.

One, my leg suddenly broke for no reason while running across an open field. I don't have any morphine, but I really shouldn't need it for this situation.

Two, it's been dark for over 12 hours. There's clearly a time issue on RP2. It started getting light at one point, but then a server restart set it back to midnight again.

Tomeran    3

I recall Rolle saying something about the day timer being messed up. Hopefully that will get sorted out soon.

I enjoy nighttime quite a lot, but it would be nice to have daytime for the sake of variety.

As for the leg thing, that happens. And not just on Taviana.

The map is messed up in many ways, and that comes from Taviana not really being a map intended or even properly adjusted for dayZ.

Zombie spawns and zombie pathing being messed up around the many new Taviana buildings is a problem in particular, imo.

Goz    2

Personally I would like to see hardcore Utes more than bug loaded Taviana. Yesterday a evil building almost ate all my clan not to mention random falling through ground, swimming on bottom of ocean and generally dull experience if you are on foot. Thankfully cars are plentifull but visiting towns for loot is depressing. Too many empty buildings too few zombies.

mythTECH    0

I have experienced many bugs with Taviana (falling under buildings, betting stuck within areas etc) and although the Taviana map is brilliant, it's far too buggy to be playable ATM. I'll be returning to Chernarus.

Tortov    0

I have experienced many bugs with Taviana (falling under buildings, betting stuck within areas etc) and although the Taviana map is brilliant, it's far too buggy to be playable ATM. I'll be returning to Chernarus.

/\ Taviana is a great map, but at the moment there are too many bugs and this is possibly the result of rare updates and patches for the Taviana mod.

Goz    2

For me one of gamebrakers is fact you cannot access oil rigs from sea. Only via helicopter. With low spawns of helicopters those machines are OP more than in Chernarus. With helicopter you can park on oil rigs -> gain acces to military loot and not put helicopter to any danger at all as there is no way to destroy/shoot them down if parked at oil rig.

Tomeran    3

For me one of gamebrakers is fact you cannot access oil rigs from sea. Only via helicopter. With low spawns of helicopters those machines are OP more than in Chernarus. With helicopter you can park on oil rigs -> gain acces to military loot and not put helicopter to any danger at all as there is no way to destroy/shoot them down if parked at oil rig.

woah, here I thought they could be accessed by boat.

If that's not possible, then that's a massive game breaker.

Taviana is gradually loosing appeal. :(

But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Rolle    2440

Well duh, you voted it for the RP2 map :P

AFAIK the server is changing time properly, joined yesterday and it was daylight.

Goz    2

Yeah Tomeran, you can't acces them. CLF made an expedition with full preparations. We gathered wood (for stops to make campfires to eat/drink/refueal PBX), heatpacks, medical supplies. It took us 30mins to travel from southern island up via northern coast via prison island to NE and find out that ladders on oil rig don't work. Such a bummer.

Like it wasn't enough oil rig wanted to laugh in our face and took me under the water to admire the bottom of sea.

Well duh, you voted it for the RP2 map

AFAIK the server is changing time properly, joined yesterday and it was daylight.

Who voted - he voted :)

#Cut4hardcoreUtes

#Cut4anythingElseButTaviana

Tortov    0

Seeing as so many people dislike Taviana because of its bugs, perhaps in a couple of weeks or a month a vote could be held to see whether people would like it changed or not. Although, I'm sure if it were switched to Namalsk people would find more things to complain about.

This is the problem with non-official Arma 2 maps, you have to deal with these bugs if you want to experience something different.

Rolle    2440

I'm open for change, if the community decides that it's not satisfied with Taviana we can change it to any of the following maps:

Fallujah

Lingor

Namalsk

Panthera

Takistan

We are limited to these maps because our admin tool only supports these.

I'm open for change, if the community decides that it's not satisfied with Taviana we can change it to any of the following maps:

Fallujah

Lingor

Namalsk

Panthera

Takistan

Maybe make a poll with all of them, settle this once and for all?

Pavel    0

Personally I would like to see hardcore Utes more than bug loaded Taviana. Yesterday a evil building almost ate all my clan not to mention random falling through ground, swimming on bottom of ocean and generally dull experience if you are on foot. Thankfully cars are plentifull but visiting towns for loot is depressing. Too many empty buildings too few zombies.

this.

word for word.

Sin    113

Havent seen a single bug. Having a ton of fun on tavi. Quit your bitchin

What he said.

Exactly what are you doing? I've covered about 3/4 of the map (not everything of course, but in terms of having visited the general regions) and have found all manner of game breaking bugs. Almost rage quit after losing my RPK + when my leg broke from walking on a hill.

TightPants    0

Havent seen a single bug. Having a ton of fun on tavi. Quit your bitchin

What he said.

Exactly what are you doing? I've covered about 3/4 of the map (not everything of course, but in terms of having visited the general regions) and have found all manner of game breaking bugs. Almost rage quit after losing my RPK + when my leg broke from walking on a hill.

Don't get attached to your gear.

tumblr_m7fcxvWnPJ1r9zkvoo1_400.gif

Powdermen    0

Fallujah

Lingor

Namalsk

Panthera

Takistan

Panthera!! :D

Lt.Ehsan    0

Fallujah

Lingor

Namalsk

Panthera

Takistan

Namalsk or Panthera both are really cool maps

Jukki    1

I havent personaly noticed any serious bugs (minus the oilrigs. There might be something we could do to that thought)

Just remember guys, the bugs are also on other maps (afaik, got eaten by building once in panthera xD)

And i can tell, at least RF seems to be enjoying taviana much.

Goz    2

I think CLF will retreat from Taviana, this land is cursed http://www.dayzrp.com/t-clf-defeated-by-taviana :D

On a serious note, Before we make it any further some testing should be in order before we vote on/if change. I volounteer to be a tester, bugs seem to love my character legs :D

Strangelove    0

Currently if you park a chopper on Taviana oilrigs and the server rest arts, the chopper will be gone. Thats my earlier experience atleast. So thats good i guess

Adam Darski    0

Fallujah

Lingor

Namalsk

Panthera

Takistan

Fallujah is the worst map in existence for dayz. Takistan is also pretty bad, Namalsk/Panthera/Lingor are all good and honestly I don't really care which one because they are all interesting. The only problem I have with the current map is the oil rigs; being only accessable by helicopters makes it impossible for anyone not in a large clan to see them and the boats get hoarded to hell as well. I've yet to actually die from a bug however though I did run through a couple of buildings at one point. :)

Tomeran    3

Currently if you park a chopper on Taviana oilrigs and the server rest arts, the chopper will be gone. Thats my earlier experience atleast. So thats good i guess

Well that sure limits the damage from that potential exploit. Fortunate.

In the end, I still think Namalsk is better, but now we've taken the time and effort to set up Taviana for dayzrp. lets bloody play Taviana then and not just change our minds because you encounter a few bugs. :P

I mean come on, you had to know Taviana was a bug-riddled map when you voted for it and gave it your support. I at least hope so.

EVERY map is bug-riddled, so no matter what we change to we'll hear the same thing.

Namalsk has bugs, Taviana has bugs, Panthera has bugs, Lingor(most definetly) has bugs.

Taviana just happens to have a relativly high degree of custom buildings. Frankly when I visit these buildings I tread lightly, well aware that they're the dark haven of the oddness of the arma2 engine.

I'd rather not see us change map on a weekly basis because people suddenly didnt find the maps to be 100% perfect. There is no such map.

And to CLF. Come on guys, look at where you were taking that car. :P That was like begging for arma2 engine madness.