Server time: 2018-08-19, 09:39

Sign in to follow this  
Doranoid

Character Uniform/Identification

Okay so as I'm waiting for my whitelist application to process, I thought id pose some queries to you and see what ideas and suggestions you have for me. The character I aim to play (IGN: Andrew Vyman) is an Australian medic, doesn't have a massive military background, just some slight arms training before his main work as a relief agent. Now come the apocalypse Andrew has lost the few people that he'd grown close to, always being a sort of lone wolf, out of circumstance more than want. The main thing I want to know is any tips for roleplaying a medic of sorts, and whether anyone would acknowledge a brightly coloured high-vis uniform as grounds for not being robbed or engaged out of instinct? I plan to carry around a nice big drybag once available full of what little arms and supplies I need to survive, and packed with medical supplies I can offer to any whom I meet.

Overall I see Andrew as a relatively uncorrupted (even in the face of the apocalypse) and helpful person, with a few flaws that I plan on improvising as I play. Anyway, thanks for any input, throw whatever ideas you have at me, and hopefully we'll meet again soon when you need some urgent medical assistance!

1. You will get robbed, dosent matter if your medic or the sweetest person in Chernarus, you will be robbed.

2. If your playing a medic the paramedic clothing would be nice. I'm playing of some kind of medical background but it's not working well for me... I think I'm gunna lose the Dr title to make it easier for me to RP lol.

3. You will be corrupted ;)

4. Try contact the guys at Samson group, the leader, Dr Samson could give you some great pointers.

5.good luck on whitelist.

Nothing will pervent you from being robbed, Robbers gonna rob, but most the medics i've met IC usually wear the medic uniform and don't usually carry a "high" end rifle.

Okay so as I'm waiting for my whitelist application to process, I thought id pose some queries to you and see what ideas and suggestions you have for me. The character I aim to play (IGN: Andrew Vyman) is an Australian medic, doesn't have a massive military background, just some slight arms training before his main work as a relief agent. Now come the apocalypse Andrew has lost the few people that he'd grown close to, always being a sort of lone wolf, out of circumstance more than want. The main thing I want to know is any tips for roleplaying a medic of sorts, and whether anyone would acknowledge a brightly coloured high-vis uniform as grounds for not being robbed or engaged out of instinct? I plan to carry around a nice big drybag once available full of what little arms and supplies I need to survive, and packed with medical supplies I can offer to any whom I meet.

Overall I see Andrew as a relatively uncorrupted (even in the face of the apocalypse) and helpful person, with a few flaws that I plan on improvising as I play. Anyway, thanks for any input, throw whatever ideas you have at me, and hopefully we'll meet again soon when you need some urgent medical assistance!

TEazy97 is right, you are going to get robbed no matter what most of the time. It is part of the game. However, through roleplaying you may talk your way out of them taking your supplies by offering to help them out or join up with them. There is a group FMS (Free Medical *something*) and a couple of other aid groups.

My suggestion is to have fun with it and go with the flow. I recently played a mailman that had been traveling around trying to establish postal routes, and it was a blast. I wore blue clothing as often as I could replace it and carried whatever weapon I could find at the time. I was pretty well heard of, and although it got me out of a few robberies, as well as it had done so for a few of the other couriers I worked with, we still ran into a few hardballs that wanted our stuff and robbed for a living.

But your best bet might be to look through groups and maybe hook up with one of them for safety, but if not, just keep on your toes and don't trust everyone you meet.

1. You will get robbed because you have lots of medical supplies

2. You will get robbed because you don't have a weapon

3. You will get robbed because you're a lone wolf

Good luck on your whitelist :)

You will find crazies no matter where you go :P

Don't trust anyone, even if they seem nice.

Be cautious and stay safe.

Some really good advice here guys!

I'll look at finding myself a group once i get my head around everything and find some gear. fingers crossed i meet nice enough folk till then!

I'm not aiming to carry a high end rifle, probably just something simple that i can find ammo for easily, and no secondary as the space it takes could be used for medical equipment. mind you though i'll still have to take good care of my 'medicine stick'.

That playing a post apocalypse courier sounds like a pretty great idea Davos! did you end up goin far with that?

Fingers crossed all my crazies i find arent too much so :P

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Hmmm

More people to rob

A buddy and I are trying to start a peaceful group of hunters and farmers, yet we'd still be tempted to rob those sweet sweet supplies from you :P

And when trying to talk your way out of situations, you'll learn that talking less can sometimes be more intimidating. All the 3rd party VOIP is the only thing that I still can't stand about trying to RP, but even if you're alone silence can make ppl think that you are contacting friends via Teamspeak and the like so it has it's ups and downs lol.

Only if there was a way for the DayZ devs to make it so that your mic is restricted to strictly the DayZ program while its running or something like that if that's even possible... cause otherwise there is no policing Teamspeak.

Just saying this cause generally I like to let new players know to be wary of the fact that often enough, silence from other players=incoming teamspeak friends to rob you together.

The only thing I have to say is that i only plan on keeping enough for myself to survive, anything else i find i want to give away. My character doesn't like to see others in pain, so even if he has to kneecap someone to make them drop their gun, he will still do everything in his power to fix their legs and feed them, sending them on their way once they're healed.

I understand that corruption is more than likely, but being as much a Samaritan as he can be my character will more than likely die trying to give someone medicine than in a firefight.

Hmmm

More people to rob

+1

Ive always wanted to play with my character wearing cargo shorts, t-shirt, and some sneakers, and a ball cap. However with how fast and dangerous it is to get cold I never could. Plus it is annoying to switch between a heavy coat and pants if you don't have the space. That was how I imagined my character but I could never do it without dying of hypothermia

Always wanted to look civi like however I always end up somewhat failing maybe one day I will find the look any ideas from you guys feel free to PM! :)