Server time: 2017-10-17, 13:25
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Anderson

Can I run DayZ ?

So im building a new computer, and I just wanted to hear if I would be able to run Dayz with some high graphics.

or maybe do some changes?:

CPU: I5 3570K

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41, Socket-1155

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 580 1,5GB AMP! OC

HDD: Seagate Barracud 1TB

RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3

Tortov    0

Without doubt, I have near identical components to you and am able to run with decent graphical settings at playable FPS.

If you wanted to be able to increase the settings then an SSD might be a good investment. Or a newer I7 CPU, though the difference is marginal. A cheaper option would be to buy an aftermarket cooler for about 30 EUR and OC your CPU, seeing as you're paying for a K version processor.

Remember, its near impossible to run Arma 2 at maximum settings and 60fps without a complete monster machine.

The components you are buying are at a sweet spot for price vs performance, although I would switch out the 580 for 670.

Sky    1

So im building a new computer, and I just wanted to hear if I would be able to run Dayz with some high graphics.

or maybe do some changes?:

CPU: I5 3570K

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41, Socket-1155

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 580 1,5GB AMP! OC

HDD: Seagate Barracud 1TB

RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3

100%, and you'll be able to run it reasonably well too :)

Livs    0

A good tip would be to install windows on a different HDD, as it seems the Arma 2 engine is quite HDD heavy (if my sources are correct).

Tosme    0

Get a SSD to install your games on instead of a HDD, if you got the money for it.

Several people have tried it around here, and the performance have increased by a fair amount.

Goz    2

For Arma games - buy 16GB, not much cash difference but you can make a cool tweak :D

If you have 12/16GB or more of Ram you may put ALL the files neccesery to run both dayzrp and arma (for dayz mods that is) on Ramdisk. I have made a setup using 7GB of RAM and I'm able to launch both RP1 and RP2 with significant performance boost.

If it's needed (you can google it succesfully :) ) I'll make a guide at some point.