Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:57

Sign in to follow this  
Spotter

Czech accent example

Spotter    0

Here is a good example of a Czech accent speaking English, for all those Chernarussians out there.

http://sandymillin.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/pronunciation-problems-for-czech-speakers-of-english/

Chernarus is based off of the Czech culture, and I encourage using some easy to remember Czech words like "Ano!" for yes.

Notes:

1. A Czech speaking English tends to pronounce silent letters, like the g in -ing, and the -b in bomb.

2. They replace w's with v's.

3. They replace the th sound with a d,f, or t.

4. The stress is on each first syllable of the word, with the last word in the sentence emphasized.

5. It is a kind and restrained accent, with very precise pronunciation of each sound.

6. The r in the middle of a word is usually rolled, almost replacing them with a d, while the ending r's are usually pronounced normally.

Spotter    0

how do you compare a actor or director to the average czech?

A Czech director has the same accent as a Czech mechanic or soldier, I'd imagine..

It's just a good example to study and use as a base to practice a more authentic sounding accent if you RP on VOIN.

Guest Nicolaev   
Guest Nicolaev

I feel like this thread deserves a bump :)

As a player currently playing as a Chernorussian, this was particularly helpful. I have leant towards text lately, as its really difficult to pull off such an accent when you have a strong Essex accent, but I will work at it. My main source of material for the accent was Niko Bellic from GTA 4.

Thanks for the thread necro. I would never have thought to search for this. :D

PaulB    1

Here is a good example of a Czech accent speaking English, for all those Chernarussians out there.

http://sandymillin.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/pronunciation-problems-for-czech-speakers-of-english/

Chernarus is based off of the Czech culture, and I encourage using some easy to remember Czech words like "Ano!" for yes.

Notes:

1. A Czech speaking English tends to pronounce silent letters, like the g in -ing, and the -b in bomb.

2. They replace w's with v's.

3. They replace the th sound with a d,f, or t.

4. The stress is on each first syllable of the word, with the last word in the sentence emphasized.

5. It is a kind and restrained accent, with very precise pronunciation of each sound.

6. The r in the middle of a word is usually rolled, almost replacing them with a d, while the ending r's are usually pronounced normally.

Ou havent thinked about that way much. Nevermind looking for an avarage Czech? \o here i am.

MartinJ    1

I haven't seen this before. Milos Forman is really not an example of the average Czech person when it comes to their accent and general skill of speaking English. A far more relevant, at least accent wise, example is this:

/Moving to Guides/tutorials.

Spotter    0

Thanks for the link. It was hard for me to find Czech accents speaking English back when I made this. I'll put that in the OP when I'm back at my desk

Spotter    0

Lol nope, everyone just go russian :D

Shush! Stop being a bad influence!

Sin    113

:D Can't be much worse than the ones I hear in game.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I'd screwed up in some other, more egregious way.

Aw my.. I talk just like this guy, i just realize how it must be hard for some people to understand me sometimes, just yesterday i had to repeat myself 2-3 times :D

Sign in to follow this