Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:44

Sign in to follow this  
Tortov

Poll: Chernarus vs Taviana

Which map do you prefer, Chernarus or Taviana?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which map do you prefer, Chernarus or Taviana?

• I prefer Chernarus
    • I prefer Taviana

Tortov    0

Thought I would post this poll to see what opinion everyone has on which they prefer; Chernarus or Taviana, seeing as my own clan have mixed feelings on Taviana and want to go back to RP1.

Tomeran    3

Its a bit early to say, but new is good. I prefer Taviana.

I've played on Chernarus for so long that its reached the point where I know every square inch of the map. And yeah, although probably the best map for dayZ, its the one I've grown most tired of, despite the customization.

Wether this remains the case after playing on Taviana for a longer time remains to be seen.

But for now, its Taviana.

I'll still be playing on both maps though. Variety and all that.

Goz    2

Chernarus, maybe not interesting.But more climatic than Taviana. Taviana is huge,empty bug loaded wasteland.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Atleast you do not fall through buidlings in Chernarus...

Tortov    0

I think that Taviana is a nice change from Chernarus, with big open roads and huge buildings. But there are lots more bugs and it does feel very empty, even if this does add to the experience.

Perhaps some RP events in Taviana will help people warm to it a little more. Seeing as it sounds like it wasn't too hard to port DayZRP to the Taviana.com mod, maybe the map could eventually be changed to the second most liked map, Namalsk, should the majority want this change.

Sky    1

The novelty of having a completely new map for me to explore hasn't worn of yet, so I'm saying Taviana for the time being.

Adam Darski    0

Taviana has a few more bugs but the map has way more detail and more interesting builings, Chernarus just feels a bit bland in comparison.

Tortov    0

A disproportionate number of firefights seem to be taking place around the bridge.

Then again, why wouldn't there be, considering its value.

I just dont like the bridge in tavi

Nobody forces you to cross it.

Oh tightpants if there is one certainty on these forums. You can always be depended on for a smart ass comment.

TightPants    0

I just dont like the bridge in tavi

Oh tightpants if there is one certainty on these forums. You can always be depended on for a smart ass comment.

That's what Rolle pays me for.

Oldman    22

Likes: The bridge is the only thing I like about it. And the small villages.

Dislike: The mountains, they are booooooooooooooooooooring. And very op to scout from with the insane view distance.

Powdermen    0

Taviana atm, but that'll change in a week.. ;p

That's what Rolle pays me for.

How do you get Rolle to pay you? :o

Guest gino2323   
Guest gino2323

chernarus!

Sin    114

The bridge is the best thing about Taviana. I don't like the aesthetics of Taviana, Chernarus is much more earthy and gritty. Taviana is too open, blocky, and has far too many intact walls and fences. And not enough pine trees.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

The bridge is the best thing about Taviana. I don't like the aesthetics of Taviana, Chernarus is much more earthy and gritty. Taviana is too open, blocky, and has far too many intact walls and fences. And not enough pine trees.

My god, if there is one thing I dislike about Taviana its the goddamn fences. Spent like 10 minutes trying to get through an airfield perimeter, let alone some of the supermarkets -_-

My god, if there is one thing I dislike about Taviana its the goddamn fences. Spent like 10 minutes trying to get through an airfield perimeter, let alone some of the supermarkets -_-

i agree i ran around a huge military supermarket -_- or it was blocked off like one.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

i agree i ran around a huge military supermarket -_- or it was blocked off like one.

I have a natural hate of chain link fences now =p

Powdermen    0

I've always been the guy who loved Cherno and hated any other maps, but I must say that with this luvvvvly FPS on TavianaRP I do really enjoy it and with all of those roadblocks where you won't just be KoS'ed it's really a lot of fun.

But yeah, it is quite annoying that you need to run for hours just to get into a garden and there are a lot of bugs (even though I haven't seen to many).

I just think when everyone settles down, the admins can have a look at everything (vehicle spawns etc) and all of those goddamn reports about all that KoS'ing will stop. and we'll have some good times :D

Taurz    1

Chernarus, Taviana such a bugged map at the moment. Died 3 times allready duo to bugs :/

No strong opinion for comparing each of them yet. I know Chernarus well but Taviana is still relatively unknown to me. Tortov makes some great points and I can see why it is a popular map.

When I have a clearer idea then I'll vote :)

Pavel    0

Chernarus, Taviana such a bugged map at the moment. Died 3 times allready duo to bugs :/

its dayz thats bugged, not the map.