Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:50

Sign in to follow this  
jeffnudd

Oh its night time already :-(

jeffnudd    0

I logged on for about an hour, got killed twice because couldn't run when crouched for some reason and it went dark already.

When does the server go night and day? because i looked at my watch and suddenly it was 12:10am.

TightPants    0
]Restart times

The server will automatically restart at these hours (server time)

12:00

17:00

22:00

03:00

08:00

Uneven number of restarts every day will make sure that the time and night cycle below will switch throughout the week (one day 12-17 session will be daylight, the next day it will be night).

Day/Night cycle

During every restart the starting time will be changed, effectively changing the setting and time of day.

For example:

At 12:00 restart the game time will be changed to 14:00, middle of the day. When approaching the 17:00 restart the ingame time will be around 19:00 (sunset).

At 17:00 restart the game time will be changed to 00:00, midnight. When approaching the 22:00 restart the ingame time will be around 05:00 (sunrise).

These 5 hour day/night cycles should hopefully allow everyone to experience both day and night on DayZRP. The session between 08:00 and 12:00 is only 4 hours, but since it is the time we have lowest amount of players online it shouldn't break things too much. The ingame time transitions were set so that the restart change is as smooth as possible, not like it currently suddenly gets very bright every restart.

This change will effectively go live today, as the server will restart early at 17:00 instead of old 18:00.

There

jeffnudd    0

I must of logged in just as the server was about to restart without realizing.

Thanks

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

You shouldn't dwell on the thought that nighttime is a bad thing, grab a flare or some chem lights and carry it around. Or you could use the old Gamma + Brightness trick to make it virtually daytime with de-saturated colors, but this is often frowned upon by a few people.

Zombies are virtually blind unless you are running in front of them at close range, so looting is a piece of cake :)

jeffnudd    0

You shouldn't dwell on the thought that nighttime is a bad thing, grab a flare or some chem lights and carry it around. Or you could use the old Gamma + Brightness trick to make it virtually daytime with de-saturated colors, but this is often frowned upon by a few people.

Zombies are virtually blind unless you are running in front of them at close range, so looting is a piece of cake :)

Ive been on DayzRP in the dead of night and its actually really good, think i prefer it at night.

Guest Joe_Newton   
Guest Joe_Newton

I logged on for about an hour, got killed twice because couldn't run when crouched for some reason and it went dark already.

When does the server go night and day? because i looked at my watch and suddenly it was 12:10am.

every four hours

Reacher    0

Nighttime is good; embrace the darkness! ...or it will eat your brains.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Gamma + Brightness > NV Goggles

Sin    114

Not really. I think the NV goggles provide better vision and completely overcome the problem of rain at night, but they do also somewhat restrict your field of view. It's almost a wash, but the edge goes to NVGs.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Not really. I think the NV goggles provide better vision and completely overcome the problem of rain at night, but they do also somewhat restrict your field of view. It's almost a wash, but the edge goes to NVGs.

But after seeing how rare they are, Gamma + Brightness wins.

jeffnudd    0

But after seeing how rare they are, Gamma + Brightness wins.

I agree, but it does defeat the object though, sadly.

Really good for looting as someone mentioned.