Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 19:15
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 1 hour, 44 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
BlackPaw

Banned Permanently From TeamSpeak

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

No link

Why the verdict is not fair:

Well I guess it was a reference from one of the youtubers I watch, who labels himself as a "Gay Retard", I believe that it was misconstrued for something 'offensive'.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

Like I said, I guess it was misconstrued as a homophobic comment I would like to clarify that it was not in any way a jibe at sexuality.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Be unbanned from TeamSpeak.

What could you have done better?:

Not quoted something that could be taken in the wrong way.

One question:

How can "gay retard" be misconstrued? How can anyone know that you "only" quoted someone, which is wierd enough that you quote things like that.

One question:

How can "gay retard" be misconstrued? How can anyone know that you "only" quoted someone, which is wierd enough that you quote things like that.

For the first part, that it is explained in the thread? Also, if you were to search on youtube for someone known as iDubbbzTV you will see that this is just a joke that him and his viewers share. Would you like me to find an example of this?

One question:

For the first part, that it is explained in the thread? Also, if you were to search on youtube for someone known as iDubbbzTV you will see that this is just a joke that him and his viewers share. Would you like me to find an example of this?

It´s very simple: What you explained in your Ban appeal is not good enough for me.

I dont want any examples, I want you to understand that there is nothing to misinterpret.

We have alot of gay members and we want them to feel welcome on DayZRP like everyone else, gay or not.

Tell me, do you expect people to know you make the reference to youtube?

We are talking about a rude and offensive homophobic comment here and we dont take this lightly.

The community rules we have in the forum also applies in our TeamSpeak.

I dont get the feeling you actually understand how offensive and immature this comes across.

One question:

It´s very simple: What you explained in your Ban appeal is not good enough for me.

I dont want any examples, I want you to understand that there is nothing to misinterpret.

We have alot of gay members and we want them to feel welcome on DayZRP like everyone else, gay or not.

Tell me, do you expect people to know you make the reference to youtube?

We are talking about a rude and offensive homophobic comment here and we dont take this lightly.

The community rules we have in the forum also applies in our TeamSpeak.

I dont get the feeling you actually understand how offensive and immature this comes across.

I'm going to hand this over to RoCKiE as I have to gout out for over 5 hours. He understands my point, and I trust him more than myself to say the right thing.

I shall reply when back if needed.

This is your ban appeal, not RoCKiE´s.

But I have to go out now, and have given him all of my reasons via voice so he can relay them whilst I am out. Surely that is allowed?

But I have to go out now, and have given him all of my reasons via voice so he can relay them whilst I am out. Surely that is allowed?

Yes, he can talk to us, but that will not change the fact that you have to explain yourself in your ban appeal. If you dont have time now, you have to do it later.

RoCKiE talking to Staff will not affect your ban appeal.

I'm just going to leave this here, as it is very relevant

-snip-

Do you even try to see the how it can look for someone who does not know you and your group are just joking around ?

That video shows only where you have it from, but it does not explain why you used "gay retard" in our TS.

I'm just going to leave this here, as it is very relevant

-snip-

Do you even try to see the how it can look for someone who does not know you and your group are just joking around ?

That video shows only where you have it from, but it does not explain why you used "gay retard" in our TS.

I believe the video shows that I was using it only as a joke, as you would see that my name was not just the "Gay Retard" bit, but also youtuber's name as well.

I honestly believe that this has turned into something that has spiralled out of control, as I was only calling myself a "Gay Retard" and therefore no offence should be taken from anyone at all.

You have not fully answered the question. Even if it is only intended as a joke, can you not see how some people may mistake your intention or take justified offence regardless?

You have not fully answered the question. Even if it is only intended as a joke, can you not see how some people may mistake your intention or take justified offence regardless?

I do, but surely if they were offended by it they would have come speak to me about it? I feel as though a straight up ban was perhaps a little hasty, due to the fact that if someone who had no power would have seen my name and found it offensive they could have only asked me to change it or gone to tell someone about it. I myself believe that they would have asked me to change it, whereas a staff member perhaps should have enquired first.

You have been here long enough to know that things like this are not appropriate. You should not have to rely on people to poke you to tell you they are offended by something you did. You NEED to realize DayZRP is made up of a very diverse group of people from all over the world, so yes... when you use a name like gay retard its bound to piss some people off and/or offend people. For you to honestly think that this was acceptable and it wouldn't offend people shows true ignorance on your part. I really don't care which youtuber or streamer does it. Its not cool here and never will be. If you wish to continue in this community I suggest to start acting a little more mature.

Appeal Granted: 15 warning points plus permanent TS ban changed to one week ban.