Server time: 2018-07-17, 23:07 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
BostonRP

To you, what's the most intimidating thing about a bandit?

When there is a group, and you start to see people around you get executed. That was more mod days though.

When you just dropped our pants to make the apples you have stuffed in your pockets show up so you can eat them after harvesting them, and someone shouts at you to put your hands up.

Maybe less intimidating and more embarrassing. xD

When you just dropped our pants to make the apples you have stuffed in your pockets show up so you can eat them after harvesting them, and someone shouts at you to put your hands up.

Maybe less intimidating and more embarrassing. xD

"Caught with your pants down" :D

If you're alone then probably the amount of them if there's a lot. Can't risk going NVFL all over the place :)

Nothing is scary, most of the time. I just sit there and go "what the fuck man?"

Then it turns into a bunch of banter, and some funny jokes between me and them.

And this is why I never loose my gear/life.

^This guy gets it.

Yea, most of the time it starts with their initiation of hostility and your reaction to that.

"The fuck man, what do you want? Chill out man...."

I tend to play around with bandits, depending on which personality my character is in.

I might just take a seat to show that I mean to harm and talk them down. Tell them that I have stuff and would be completely willing to just share and a robbery in unneccassry. Telling that that I would just gift them supplies if they asked. My biggest challenege would have to be trying to talk them down, getting them to see that I wouldn't hurt them if I could and just want to talk to somebody. Telling them some jokes, something about me, the weather or some other random bit while being held at gunpoint. Trying to get them to relax is my first step. As soon as they say those words, they put their life at risk and would like to get away quickly. I need to convince them that their life is not at risk.

Best I've done is talked the bandit down, set up a camp, cooked my meat with him, shared the food, traded weapons and talked few almost an hour creating a great friendship. It ended with a mutual understanding for the desperate times, offers for help from both sides and a completely changed mood. Who wouldn't want to sit down and relax by a fire, eat steak and chill instead of shooting a man for his beans?

Man I fucking love roleplay.

Nothing is scary, most of the time. I just sit there and go "what the fuck man?"

You shouldve listened when I said get out of the front seat KYLE

Guest Vittoria

i hope you get punished next time bumblescrub

i hope you get punished next time bumblescrub

Bumblescrub is immortal he shall fear no punishment

(Google image search bumblescrub you get all your god damned anime pictures as well as Gimanjis Signature)

I would have to say, how they deliver their dialogue. I mean if you can sound as threatening as you are in general. You are gunna be one scary bandit!

When the threaten to take all your apples and you have no food apart from apples!

Most bandits are not intimidating these days. I haven't been held up by a good bandit for a long time. Most of the times I've been held up it has been some monotone guy with an accent pointing his rifle at me just shouting. Once they have you it seems like a routine. There is no uncertainty, no fear of the unknown. I know he wants what is on my back. Then when i'm told to strip it just feels silly.

A good bandit can go two different ways in my opinion. The first way is the desperate individual. The guy who hates robbing people but has to in order to make it themselves. You can hear the remorse in their voice has he shouts at you to hold still. The individual is jumpy and unpredictable. One small move that could startle the nervous individual could be your last. You want to help him but also want to get back at him. The grey area of the situation intimidates me.

On the other side of the spectrum is the obviously unstable and highly volatile individual. Their voice is so strong that you stop immediately. The way they treat you breaks you down. The violence, the threats, the questioning. All that is left is the correct mannerisms then the terrifying package is complete.

These two things intimidate me. It is a rarity to see these but when you do it will make you want to be robbed again. Intimidation is key, remember that.

Id's say numbers, a single person no matter with what they have does not threaten me as much as 5 people with even a blaze, double barrel or pistols without a mag.

I think the most intimidating part of a bandit is his tone of voice or how educated he is. In other words, how believable his bluffs are. So, if there's some guy holding you up that has a drill sergeant's voice and gives you warnings and count-down timers, it's a little more intimidating than 2 or 3 guys with Mosins all calm-like.

For me probably his personality and seriousness. If you have a guy with an M4 and he comes running up to you in a soft polite way and initiates i'm not going to be intimidated at all. But if you have a guy come running up to you with a Makarov maybe something a tad stronger and he's screaming and cussing and demanding and saying this like,"I'm not fucking around drop your weapon and backpack or i'll rip your throat out" or, "I'll give you the count of 5 to drop your weapon before I put a bullet clean through your skull" it makes is so much more clear that this guy is not playing any games and won't hesitate to take your life. I don't know maybe thats just me. Reply and let me know your thoughts whether you agree or disagree!

What intimidated me the most was if they were calm as it is a little unnerving (I'm looking at you SDS and B-17), only ever been initiated on three times in my time here though (and only in the mod).

What I find scary is when they are unpredictable, one minute they could be calm and the next they could be about to chop one of your fingers off.

Jesus... I think the last time I legitimately got a shot of adrenaline while playing this game was like a year ago when I got robbed by Hatch and his gang. I can't quite remember what it was but I think it was just how much I use to get into the character I was playing, like I actually feared for my characters life.

Man I miss being that into the game :/

I play it now and I'm just like... "Oh... meh.. I'll RP being scared I guess..".

It's a pretty bad attitude to have, hence why you won't see me in game much as I don't want to ruin anyone's experience.

However, if I had to put my finger on something that would genuinely get my heart going... it would have to be ambushes or surprises.

I remember once being approached by a single guy and being asked in the calmest voice,

"Sir, could you please place your belongings on the ground."

"Oh yeah, you're going to make me are you?" I responded mockingly.

"No... but my friends to your left... your right... and behind me up on that hill will."

And with that moment the two guys at my sides stood up from the bush and I just see a faint silhouette of a man go upright on the distant hill.

... Oh man I fucking shit myself xD

Only issue with being a bandit is trying to determine if they have friends in the area or not.

The moment of surprise when just a casual guy you see, has given you an ambush rob. The most intimidating thing about the Bandits I come across in-game is not so much their intimidation. But how I feel, I care for Vincent, that little bastard in-game means quite a lot to me, strangely enough. So my feelings are what makes it intimidating.

When they want my pants......

The most scary thing when facing bandits is when they have really creepy voices.

Guest neom

I have never found any bandit scary at all, apart from Jerry from IRA his role play was top and very believable, most bandits make me laugh and are way to over the top.

In the words of drake they go from 0-100 real quick and it's just not fun to roleplay with these people.

Real bandits died with the mod