Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:25

Sign in to follow this  
DaleCooper

DayZRP's own map

DaleCooper    0

I was just having the thought that it would be so awesome if the community could host its very own custom RP map, so I made a go at it and sketched up a layout which I think could give room for some very interesting RP moments (and gunfights). The idea was to make a map that's more divided into smaller areas, where clans could fight for control over islands, bridges etc. Boats also have much higher value so SDS could go all pirate again;)

I've done my share of modding over the years but I'm new to ArmaII, so I just wanted to check if there was any interest in this and if there are any other modders out there who are willing to join the cause:)

296kj2f.jpg

Guest Jamie   
Guest Jamie

Love the sketch, ive not looked into map editing before, but it would make a patch download bigger. Ill look into map editing but brilliant idea :D

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Could be a very good idea, but i think you should wait for ARMA III instead perhaps, it's right around the corner :P

Tomeran    3

nice idea, but iirc creating an arma2 map from scratch is a royal truckload of work.

Tortov    0

The island fighting is a great concept, similar to what was suggested with Taviana.

I would support this, although map design is tricky!

DaleCooper    0

Could be a very good idea, but i think you should wait for ARMA III instead perhaps, it's right around the corner :P

Heh good point.

And this will definitely be a shitload of work, so I doubt I'd be able to make it alone. So uhh yeah, shoutout to all the fellow modders out there!:)

Adam Darski    0

nice idea, but iirc creating an arma2 map from scratch is a royal truckload of work.

This pretty much, I would love to see this map made but I can imagine that it would not be a small project to build an entire map.

Nikolai B.    0

I have some experience modding (Mainly total war games).

Also I am an experienced gaming industry Quality Assurance vet, so can provide much help in form of testing, testing manpower, as well as defect tracking, etc.

Rolle    2443

I don't think we have resources to create a new map from scratch. Taviana was created in something like year and a half?

Reacher    0

Depends how much detail you want to put into it with in-game items or assets.

But, if you want to make it appear as a proper, fully realized map, with building placement, debris, farms, paths, roads, etc... it would take a long while, yes.

Quite a long while.

Oldman    22

Looks awesome! Best way to go is look up exsisting heightmaps. Chernarus is a good map, because its an area IRL.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

IMO the server could host DayZRP (Lingor/Taviana/Scandinavia/Chernarus/Takistan) but without zombies... Tons of RP :P

Reacher    0

What about a server where there are players that are the zombies? And they can hunt down survivors in packs, attacking with unarmed strikes!

Skippy    4

I'd love to see DayZRP with its own custom map, I'm just not sure how long it'd take/if it it'd be worth it. But if it can be done, all power to it!

Maybe on the standalone? I just don't think dedicating so much time to it would be worth it right now.

Caesar    438

Maybe on the standalone? I just don't think dedicating so much time to it would be worth it right now.

I am inclined to agree, without knowing exactly what we are getting with the standalone committing to such a project now could waste everyone's time.

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

What about a server where there are players that are the zombies? And they can hunt down survivors in packs, attacking with unarmed strikes!

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Abit far fetched, but an idea none the less =p I'd have to agree with Pegasi though, hopefully there will be some improvement on the map designing side of things when standalone comes around. (Doubt it =P)